IGNORED

Success

megansdad

With the negative threads re-emerging only days into KM's tenure and after the excellent signings of Pittman and Stead it makes me wonder whether some will ever be happy.

Threads that suggest James is unhappy and that KM's days may be numbered are likely to drag us down but people seem anxious to get the negativity going - if I was SL I would be tearing my hair out.

Our supporters will never be happy .... I've never heard so much dross on this site as I have of late.. And it appears to be getting worse ...

The fact that people are judging Millen already is a joke ...

Steve Coppel would've been hounded out by Xmas if the results weren't good ... He wouldn't have been given time as for some reason our fans expect instant results ... And believe we are a lot bigger than we actually are ..... Thus bringing unrealistic expectations ....

We've signed 11 new players I think it is .. We have to give millen plenty of time to sort it out and get a relaxed happy playing team ...

So people just relax a bit .. With all the injuries and management changes and personal changes ... This is now potentially a big transition season and I for one don't really expect too much from it now ....

J

Gotta agree 2010 bar 9 games at the end of last season has been one of turmoil.....Millen is 100% right when he says we need stability and he has earn't the right to expect it.

Everyone has got to give the manager and the squad a chance and forget the side issues, if certain players are not happy.... tough and if a fringe player goes to the local rival tough....we spend far to much time concetrating on the Gas and to be honest it brought us down year after year in the 80s and early 90's...yep all for the rivalry, but remember hanging on to our coat tails salgging off City is pretty much all they have got. I apprecate the office nause giving it the biggun every Monday after a poor result is a pain the back side, but look at the bigger picture, we should expect bigger fish to fry.

We need to get through this difficult period with a settled side and I'm confident things will begin to look more postive, the introduction of Cisse, return of Carey and Ribero will make a big diiference as well as the quality strikers we have signed. We should remeber that 75% of all football clubs are really struggling and we have been lucky I beleive that we have had genuine investment in he squad and that the new stadium hasn't effected this investment at all, as we were promised........lots to be postive about to be honest.

To answer the question "Success, do you actually want it?"

I'll take it if it comes along but I would ask for attractive football as top of my wish list.

That would also equal success - unlikely to be achieved against a background of people seeking to undermine the stability of management or indeed the squad. Some of the comments re James and millen can in no way contribute to either a goal of attractive football or promotion.

Totally agree ...

The permanent negativity surrounding this club, the management and the players is arguably what's holding this club back present day ...

Even as far as atmosphere goes on match days ... It's been flat now for a long time ... Even the east end is quiet in comparison with the past ... We do only sing when things are going positive our way ... At times it's like a library ...

I know people will say well give us something to sing about ... But the players could say give us loud support and help spur us on ...

As a club let's ALL pull together and collectively all do our part to get this club where we ALL want it to be ..

G

Success is a strange thing in football.... because it causes such a huge transformation for your average fan that I often wonder whether it is a good thing. Personally, I prefer the days of being an entertaining league one club with attendances at around 10,000, because the atmosphere was better, the football was better, the game was more affordable and there seemed to be a far more positive atmosphere with the fans & the club.

Since competing in the championship there seems to be a lot more negativity, coupled with the fact I can hardly afford to watch a home game, let alone an away game where the ticket price is over £30 and coach price £29.

If BCFC ever became a Premier League club, then everything about the club would transform wildly again; but would it be for the better? Its hard to predict...

I am 100% in support of Millen and he should be given time to mould the team into how he wants them to play in order to get success. He should not have sniping criticism from certain "fans" - sadly loyalty seems to have passed a few people by) I think some fans are just natural moaners. They probably moan about lots of things in their life and City happen to be one of those things in their life they moan about.

On a different note:

I personally would define success as long term winning within the rules of the game.

I feel long term winning is attractive enough however you do it these days. I don't think there really is "ugly" football in the Premier League these days. Even the ugliest styles of play that teams employ do produce wonderful goals and bits of skill.

The likes of Wimbledon (ugly football) Vs Liverpool (attractive football) are not so clearly defined these days as you just can't really play "ugly" football any more because you would get 11 players sent off a game.

Our supporters will never be happy .... I've never heard so much dross on this site as I have of late.. And it appears to be getting worse ...

The fact that people are judging Millen already is a joke ...

Steve Coppel would've been hounded out by Xmas if the results weren't good ... He wouldn't have been given time as for some reason our fans expect instant results ... And believe we are a lot bigger than we actually are ..... Thus bringing unrealistic expectations ....

We've signed 11 new players I think it is .. We have to give millen plenty of time to sort it out and get a relaxed happy playing team ...

So people just relax a bit .. With all the injuries and management changes and personal changes ... This is now potentially a big transition season and I for one don't really expect too much from it now ....

J

Couldn't agree more with all of this...

Look some fans myself included think that KM appointment was a knee jerk reaction.

I think and I have said in the past that the apointment of KM will be a disaster.

thats it then. the end of the world is nigh. everything is rubbish and there is no longer any point. Samaritans or suspension bridge. Trouble is, if i jump, things could get better, and i may not know! Don't panic yet. I remember tv coverage of a norwich fan throwing his seaon ticket away after 1 game last season.Shame he missed the rest of the promotion run, eh?

Bryan Gunn was their Manager a loyal servent for Norwich . But they sacked him and got a decent manager in.

You have a point, however, KM deserves a chance to get our season started. He`s earnt it on the back of last seasons performance. We still havn`t seen City`s strongest starting line up. I think what the OP and many of us would like, is for all those that are happy to keep sniping at KM, SL and the club in general, to just STFU and try supporting the club, in the true sense of the word............ for a change.

PDG

Agree with the OP.

Some of our "fans" on here recently simply make me sick and embrassed to be a fan.

Millen is going the right way around things so far and whoever was going to take over from Johnson was going to need time pushing out the rubbish and rebuilding the squad as a whole.

Despite Coppell's walkout, Millen and Wigley coming in makes me VERY positive that within the next 18months or so we are going to be going places.

Millen's doing has the expereince of as a number 2 and has done the right thing in bringing in a wise head.

Unfortunately the mindless minority on here are flooding the forum with endless threads of the same negative rubbish, when the get knocked down on one thread they instantly start another one moaning the same points

Just reading some of the threads it's obvious that many of these posters are young or mentally young and will keep repeating themselves despite a vast majority of people ignoring them. Thankfully Schools are back soon so we can reform to some normality.

Donnie was you a big fan of Gary Johnson

At first YES and he was the head and shoulders best candidate when he got the job, however unfortunately he stayed probably 8/9 months too long.

Likewise coppell was when he got the job. After coppell there was few other candidates who were suitable (and even less that actually applied) other than Sven who had equal potential for either greatness or disater.

After that with the right assistant millen was always going to be favourite and if coppell hadn't got the job, it would have went to him in the summer anyway,

People mention cheap option which is clueless as getting Wigley in as number 2, sure isn't cheap!!!!

Unfortunately some people just see black and white and compare the situation to Tinnions reign despite the fact that all the circumstances are totally different in a millions ways

Millen is the best man for the job and the right choice. Lansdown would not back him millions if he wasn't the right man, for people to accuse millen of being the "cheap option" are basically calling lansdown stupid.

At first YES and he was the head and shoulders best candidate when he got the job, however unfortunately he stayed probably 8/9 months too long.

Likewise coppell was when he got the job. After coppell there was few other candidates who were suitable (and even less that actually applied) other than Sven who had equal potential for either greatness or disater.

After that with the right assistant millen was always going to be favourite and if coppell hadn't got the job, it would have went to him in the summer anyway,

People mention cheap option which is clueless as getting Wigley in as number 2, sure isn't cheap!!!!

Unfortunately some people just see black and white and compare the situation to Tinnions reign despite the fact that all the circumstances are totally different in a millions ways

Millen is the best man for the job and the right choice. Lansdown would not back him millions if he wasn't the right man, for people to accuse millen of being the "cheap option" are basically calling lansdown stupid.

Not a cheap option just the wrong option.

There is an article in 442 magazine this month regarding average/mediocre players becoming excellent managers, which included David Moyes, Alex Ferguson and Arsene Wenger. I'm sure when they were appointed to their first managerial job the fans of their clubs had the same feeling yet they became successful managers.

My impression of Millen is someone who is well organised, understands the job and pressures of being Bristol City manager, something which I think Coppell didn't appreciate when he agreed to become boss.

I think that given time Millen will turn out be an excellent boss for us and lets hope that in a few years time that Millen's name is added to the list of average players/excellent mangers.

Just leave him alone to get on with the job.

And to all you so called fans who keep having a go at him

STOP rockin the boat. Its championship football and whoever

is in charge needs TIME. Its a hard enough job as it is.

Remember John Ward being replaced by Benny Lennardson.

What a mess that was. Lets not repeat that please.

Unfortunately the circumstances aren't different in a million ways - a few ways, but not a million.

The common denominator is a big name manager (Wilson/Coppell) letting down/falling out with Steve L and him reacting by saying 'sod this, I don't need big names, I reckon I can find someone on the current staff who's just as good'.

Millen has more experience coaching than Tinnion but as a manager he has precisely 12 games more experience than Brian had when he took over.

Nobody wants Millen to fail but compare his experience with the managers he is trying to get the better of this season and you'll see why people are worried - does Keith really know enough to outwit the likes of Warnock, Burley, Dave Jones, Billy Davies, Nigel Pearson, Roy Keane, Paul Grayson, Kenny Jackett etc? It's a very tall order.

It doesn't make you a negative fan or a moaner to point this out. Coppell was presented to us as 'the missing piece in the jigsaw' - the man who knew how to get teams promoted to the Prem. To say that once he had left the next best option was a manager who had only managed at this level for a couple of months is an insult to the intelligence I'm afraid. The next best option was quite clearly to find another manager like the ones listed above, who had a track record of winning promotion with other clubs. That was the approach we used when hiring GJ and it brought success.

Archived