IGNORED

Take Heart - Things Are Even Worse At The Mem

headhunter

I trundled along to the Mem yesterday with the intention of seeing Akinde makes his debut and then reporting back as to how effective he was at this lower level. His only appearance on the pitch was to make the draw at half time when he told the gathered masses that he had a niggly injury that prevented him playing.

I'd seen Rovers outclassed by Leeds last season [0-4 as well - perhaps I should go more often] and from the off it was clear that Saints whilst not as good as the men from Yorkshire were in a different league.

Rovers didn't challenge, they were hoofing all the time and 2-0 at half time was a fair reflection. Lambert looked quite good for Saints and LLlana showed a few good touches. Coles gave away a penalty and I was halfway home by the time the 4th went in, disappointed that I had wasted £18 and p***** off that we'd lost again. Our score on their scoreboard brought one of the few cheers of the afternoon.

Quite honestly Rovers were dire - disorganised, punchless, no leader on the pitch. 8 or 9 years ago I could name a Rovers side whilst now I wouldn't know a single player if I walked passed them in the street. THEY ARE SO FAR BEHIND US NOW ITS EMBARRASSING!

So with my last comment in mind I say to those who spout bile at anything to do with them i.e. Akinde going there - GROW UP, THEY ARE NO THREAT. THERE IS ONLY ONE TEAM IN BRISTOL AND THAT'S US!!!

I trundled along to the Mem yesterday with the intention of seeing Akinde makes his debut and then reporting back as to how effective he was at this lower level. His only appearance on the pitch was to make the draw at half time when he told the gathered masses that he had a niggly injury that prevented him playing.

I'd seen Rovers outclassed by Leeds last season [0-4 as well - perhaps I should go more often] and from the off it was clear that Saints whilst not as good as the men from Yorkshire were in a different league.

Rovers didn't challenge, they were hoofing all the time and 2-0 at half time was a fair reflection. Lambert looked quite good for Saints and LLlana showed a few good touches. Coles gave away a penalty and I was halfway home by the time the 4th went in, disappointed that I had wasted £18 and p***** off that we'd lost again. Our score on their scoreboard brought one of the few cheers of the afternoon.

Quite honestly Rovers were dire - disorganised, punchless, no leader on the pitch. 8 or 9 years ago I could name a Rovers side whilst now I wouldn't know a single player if I walked passed them in the street. THEY ARE SO FAR BEHIND US NOW ITS EMBARRASSING!

So with my last comment in mind I say to those who spout bile at anything to do with them i.e. Akinde going there - GROW UP, THEY ARE NO THREAT. THERE IS ONLY ONE TEAM IN BRISTOL AND THAT'S US!!!

Why you would willingly give money to rovers is beyond me.

Probably because he wanted to see some football and Akinde, couldn't afford to go all the way to Ipswich. Seems fair enough.

1 rovers dont play football

2 why give rovers money even if it is only £18

3 if he wanted to see football there are many others teams in the area even if they are non leauge games ie the downs

4 why are you so keen to see how akinde got on did you go and watch him at wycombe last year

5 cant belive you went did you join in with the anti city songs

6 dissgrace full

7 wrong just wrong

disgrace, you go to a rovers match instead of city!!! :@

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you are probably a youngster with this type of response.

I could have gone to Ipswich and made a weekend of I had wanted - how I spend my money is up to me. I have been watching City for 44 years and have probably gone to more away games over the years than the average fan on here has had hot dinners.

As for loyalty, I signed up for 5 years for two exec club memberships and have agreed to a sixth year so I think I put enough into this club from a financial perspective.

I pay my money and I take my choice and I didn't want to waste a day of my life going to Ipswich where I knew what the likely outcome would be - 380 travelling supporters tells its own story doesn't it and we had 2 making their debuts; fair play to you if you went but if you didn't then I suggest you shut up!

1 rovers dont play football

2 why give rovers money even if it is only £18

3 if he wanted to see football there are many others teams in the area even if they are non leauge games ie the downs

4 why are you so keen to see how akinde got on did you go and watch him at wycombe last year

5 cant belive you went did you join in with the anti city songs

6 dissgrace full

7 wrong just wrong

1 I said that in my post

2 My choice

3 Yes, I could walk to the Downs from where I live but I was keen to see a half decent team at that level [saints] and Akinde

4 Because Wycombe is 100 miles away and Akinde isn't my love child that I would want to see every time he plays

5 Did not do this - Rovers fans have always seemed a bit different to us lot and it is fun to watch them gettng wound up [learn to spell : BELIEVE]

6 Learn to spell [Disgraceful]

7 Why?

1 I said that in my post

2 My choice

3 Yes, I could walk to the Downs from where I live but I was keen to see a half decent team at that level [saints] and Akinde

4 Because Wycombe is 100 miles away and Akinde isn't my love child that I would want to see every time he plays

5 Did not do this - Rovers fans have always seemed a bit different to us lot and it is fun to watch them gettng wound up [learn to spell : BELIEVE]

7 Why?

i may not be able to spell mate but at least i no how to spend my money on something sensible not waste it on watching shit run around a field

if i wanted to that i would go and watch a farmer muck spreading it would be more fun

1 I said that in my post

2 My choice

7 Why?

Fair shout to you, this is something many people did all the time in years gone by,( both teams regularly had crowds above 20k ) not for me personally but my grandfather did all through the 50s and much of the 60s and a bigger City fan you'd be hard pressed to find.

This reminds me, coincidentally, of the time I went down to Eastville to see a Rovers/Southampton cup tie. Mid to late 70's I should think.

In the open end, 'supporting' Southampton, of course.

Rovers lost, their 'family club' fans were such bad losers they ran from the Tote End all across the pitch to throw the corner flags into the Saints fans, and all on T.V. on the Sunday afternoon too.winner_third_h4h.gif

Great fun, and not a waste of money at all.yes.gif

Some of the responses to this thread typify many things that are wrong with this forum, and the people that post on it.

I really cannot comprehend why some people take such delight in seemingly hating anything connected with Bristol Rovers or anyone or anything that is no longer current Bristol City.

The fickle fan who wears his heart on his sleeve, City till he dies makes me wonder.

When a little lad I used to watch the Rovers at Eastville one week and City the next. Maybe I was young and missed it but I don't recall the strength of feeling then that seems to be so prevalent today. But that was before Stone Island came along.

And before that Tobys grampy used to cycle with his mate from Warmley to do the same - one week to the Rovers the next to the City.

The strength of irrational feeling is very strange. And sad.

i may not be able to spell mate but at least i no how to spend my money on something sensible not waste it on watching shit run around a field

if i wanted to that i would go and watch a farmer muck spreading it would be more fun

Maybe a dictionary. It will help you complete that CV when you're old enough to start looking for work. Maybe also some chill-pills.

Thank you to all those recent posters who take the view that I have not committed a crime.

Just for the record, I was at the Millenium a few years ago, loved it when they were 2-0 down, loathed it when they got back an terms and loved it even more when they finally lost 2-3 to Donny. It exorcised the memory of our losing to Brighton there in 04 !!!!!

Maybe a dictionary. It will help you complete that CV when you're old enough to start looking for work. Maybe also some chill-pills.

listen mate i may not be able to spell but i am no kid thats the trouble with this forum there are to many people makeing comments about how people spell or how they wright things to be honnest im thick as shit when it comes to wrighting things down at least i am honnest and i am chilled trust me maybe a little to chilled thats my problem god i am bored cant wait until the next game remember that wurzels song i cant read and wright well that me ps i still think it was a waste of money going to watch rovers

Some of the responses to this thread typify many things that are wrong with this forum, and the people that post on it.

I really cannot comprehend why some people take such delight in seemingly hating anything connected with Bristol Rovers or anyone or anything that is no longer current Bristol City.

The strength of irrational feeling is very strange. And sad.

Totally agree with all of this. They are there for rivalry banter, nothing more in my mind. I can never understand why people can have so much hate in them.

listen mate i may not be able to spell but i am no kid thats the trouble with this forum there are to many people makeing comments about how people spell or how they wright things to be honnest im thick as shit when it comes to wrighting things down at least i am honnest and i am chilled trust me maybe a little to chilled thats my problem god i am bored cant wait until the next game remember that wurzels song i cant read and wright well that me ps i still think it was a waste of money going to watch rovers

Or grammar, apparently

Fair shout to you, this is something many people did all the time in years gone by,( both teams regularly had crowds above 20k ) not for me personally but my grandfather did all through the 50s and much of the 60s and a bigger City fan you'd be hard pressed to find.

This is true. At the risk of sparking off another tirade on here I went with my grandad several times to Rovers in the early 70's even though he and I were always big City fans. They were always the smaller club but to give them their due in 73-74 they had a good team with Bannister and Warboys as Smash & Grab scoring something like 50 goals plus between them. Some here will remember them beating Cloughie's Brighton 8-2 away which was shown on Match of the Day. Of course times changed, especially when they left Eastville. And it was not so unusual in those days either for players to move across the City, though then - like Phillips and Akinde, it was generally in the City to Rovers direction.

That's your opinion. The sad truth is if we're talking wasting money on football the same could be said about us on opening day when many of us knocked out over a ton on watching Millwall outclass us in every department. Also I think you seem to be under the illusion that because he went to the Rovers match that he cared if they won or lost? Two teams playing that day and I'm sure he got some serious enjoyment out watching the gas get drummed 4-0.

I swear some of the attitudes on here is pathetic, who cares about Rovers or if any of our fans watch them, it's hardly going to change them into a Premier League team. Some people seem to care more about seeing Rovers fail than us succeed when Rovers aren't even in the same league as us.

Archived