IGNORED

The Casual Connoisseur

That's how many points are still on offer in this league 123, and half of you have decided that we are already doomed.

We aren't playing well but we have plenty of time to improve, I don't think we will trouble the top 6 but I think that with a bit of tweaking and time to gel we will be just fine.

Let's get behind the chairman who's backed us financially, let's get behind the manager whose impressive run kept us up and into the top half of the table and let's get behind the players, some of which deserve mote loyalty and some of which haven't had enough games to gel and make a positive impression.

Let's have a bit of positivity on the forum, it's not great at the moment but it will get better, yoooooouuu redddddssss!

That's how many points are still on offer in this league 123, and half of you have decided that we are already doomed.

We aren't playing well but we have plenty of time to improve, I don't think we will trouble the top 6 but I think that with a bit of tweaking and time to gel we will be just fine.

Let's get behind the chairman who's backed us financially, let's get behind the manager whose impressive run kept us up and into the top half of the table and let's get behind the players, some of which deserve mote loyalty and some of which haven't had enough games to gel and make a positive impression.

Let's have a bit of positivity on the forum, it's not great at the moment but it will get better, yoooooouuu redddddssss!

Spot on!! A sense of perspective is needed here. 11 out, 11 in and an unexpected change of mananger and its still August FFS!!!! We will finish top 10 imo.

people need to judge us when we have had ten games with a full strength team

I'm afraid you don't get that luxury in football. The league table isn't going to be re-jigged for our benefit just because we've lost a few players to injuries.

We *should* have enough strength in depth to cope, and the fact that we clearly can't cope speaks volumes about the squad's lack of quality and/or fighting spirit.

I'm afraid you don't get that luxury in football. The league table isn't going to be re-jigged for our benefit just because we've lost a few players to injuries.

We *should* have enough strength in depth to cope, and the fact that we clearly can't cope speaks volumes about the squad's lack of quality and/or fighting spirit.

I will keep you to ten games 4 have gone 6 to go ,sorry we look bad very bad.confidence is gained by confident play they are far from that standard,what will you say when game 10 has been reached and there is no improvement

10 games with a full team, we haven't had one yet, I understand you want success but to achieve that we need to be supportive and not ALWAYS negative , sometimes I wonder if some of you are happier moaning and whining than when we are winning as you will have nothing to gripe about.

Get behind the team and be a bit more positive, negativity will only drab us down further and further, despite what I have said above I am sure we all want City to do well, you can't win everygame.

Forest and Middlesborough were amoungst the favourites for promotion at the start of the season and have also got off to slow starts. And to be fair they haven't lost their manager two games in. Millen will come good but first he needs to steady the ship, then the results will start to come and i think you will see us climb up the table perhaps in the coming weeks. Its obvious to everyone where the team needs strengthening but remember., we're Bristol City, nothing is ever straight forward. Lets be optimistic for a good steady season.

Well said. Some people on here need to put things in perspective. Can't believe some of the sh** on here about James ripping up his contract, Millen shouldn't have been given the top job, etc, etc ... Our squad is much better than recent results suggest. We do need time to gel and will be much stronger with our injured players returning. Keep the faith. Keith Millen's Cider Army!

:city:

That's a lot of points!

Yes we must get behind the Chairman the manager and the players.

As supporters we take defeat poorly and in my opinion we have a right to say what we feel, after all we bring in the money that the Chairman dosen't supply and I have got to say I can be pretty volatile after losing a match that we played poorly in or made bad errors to concede goals/games. Nevertheless in the light of a brand new day Mr. Millen did echo the thoughts of most of us yesterday the school boy errors must stop and if we need to ship in, ship out or drop players to stop the problem then the management will do what is needed.

My personal opinion is we have an injury crisis, we made a mistake apointing Coppell (hindsight is 20-20), we have players on the books who are wondering if they made the right move (anyone signed by Coppell), we are not concentrating on the field, we have allowed our tempo to slow (in our play-off season we played at high tempo we need to get there again) and we have players playing like strangers (4 made their debut yesterday)...

The solution: God I wish I had the answers, however I'll throw in my two-penneth worth!

Mr Millen needs to stamp his authority on the squad and do it quickly, all the players need to be damn sure they know the Coppell era has been and gone and now we have somthing better, if anyone wants to leave or acts like they want to leave then get rid of them or make them play in the stiffs until they change their attitude or leave...Bad vibes and poor attitude are pervassive!

A game next week would help maybe they could arrange a friendly to give players a bit of extra time to gel and get Riberio and Carey and God willing Haynes a little run out...

Getting a leader on the field is essential, Louis Carey is the natural leader we have, no one else in the squad strikes me that they have what it takes to lead, if Louis is not ready to start in two weeks time then bring in a leader, we have done it before when the dressing room was less than focussed we can do it again! (The signing of Dyche for example, I know for a fact was to provide leadership in the dressing room, whether he worked or not is a different story)

We need someone who can create opportunities in midfield in the team, like it or not, we have Lee Johnson and unless we can bring someone else in then Lee should be playing

We need to increase are stamina and fitness levels and increase the tempo of our game..We have Steve Wigley on the staff now so lets get them at it

In total we need a win and a confidence boost and to be frank it us up to the management to ensure our players are confident in there ability and of those around them when they enter the field. Do we need another player or two...I would say yes and Matt Hill could be that player, city boy, experienced, fast and focussed, hopefully other parts of his game have improved as well...

anyway keep the faith, we are only a win away from having our first win

:dancing2:

• Admin

Getting a leader on the field is essential, Louis Carey is the natural leader we have, no one else in the squad strikes me that they have what it takes to lead, if Louis is not ready to start in two weeks time then bring in a leader, we have done it before when the dressing room was less than focussed we can do it again! (The signing of Dyche for example, I know for a fact was to provide leadership in the dressing room, whether he worked or not is a different story)

Louis is the best leader we have, not sure he's a natural and we could get someone far better. Its's an area that we have suffered deficit for a long time, some teams have half a dozen on field leaders, we often have none. Orr wasn't a natural leader, but he harrased and cajoled his team meates, sometimes that was negatively, but it was all because he was driven himself, a prospective Capatin of the future if he could channel his energies positively. If the club, in the future, are looking at two targets for a position, I think we should be picking the strong character who shows leadership or leadership potential.

Yes!

Well, so far I have seen no evidence to suggest anything other than a mid-table season at best. What is the point of trying to convince everybody that we are realistic promotion contenders when the evidence suggests the opposite? We don't look a side capable of storming the League, we look like a bloated and unbalanced squad, totally lacking in quality. How long until reality will kick in and the happy-clappers finally realise that we might face a big struggle? Maybe once we clear the dead wood out, Adomah and Pitman settle at Championship level, and the Academy lads finally get a chance, we can start moving forward. That's hardly being negative, my target for the season is 21st, anything better is a bonus. And it's not the fault of realists that we have a horribly unbalanced squad, and have difficulty defending!

Realist and negativity are words that on this form seem to merge together far to easy ! Some of the posts are just laughable on here! Were four games in and were destined for relegation , what a joke! I'm glad I don't live in the same world as some on here who look at everything with the glass is half empty approach ! Millen has my full support until lansdown says otherwise !

• Admin

Realist and negativity are words that on this form seem to merge together far to easy ! Some of the posts are just laughable on here! Were four games in and were destined for relegation , what a joke! I'm glad I don't live in the same world as some on here who look at everything with the glass is half empty approach ! Millen has my full support until lansdown says otherwise !

There are plenty backing Millen, it's not his doing that Coppell walked out, causing upheaval at the worst time of the season. There are also plenty who can see the uphill task he's got, pointing that out, doesn't mean he has no support.

Equally, those posts claiming all is rosy and we look set to storm up the table look ludicrous. Millen has a very difficult job, and will do well to steer us to mid-table safety, then hopefully, he can have a pre-season to re-shape the team how he wants it to look.

Well, so far I have seen no evidence to suggest anything other than a mid-table season at best. What is the point of trying to convince everybody that we are realistic promotion contenders when the evidence suggests the opposite? We don't look a side capable of storming the League, we look like a bloated and unbalanced squad, totally lacking in quality. How long until reality will kick in and the happy-clappers finally realise that we might face a big struggle? Maybe once we clear the dead wood out, Adomah and Pitman settle at Championship level, and the Academy lads finally get a chance, we can start moving forward. That's hardly being negative, my target for the season is 21st, anything better is a bonus. And it's not the fault of realists that we have a horribly unbalanced squad, and have difficulty defending!

I agree we haven't shown we are good enough, I consider myself a realist not a happy clapper that's why I won't judge us after 4 games and a far from full strength squad, I don't beieve that with 123 points left on offer our season is over.

Archived