IGNORED

Is The Season Only Lasting

Pete1975Legend

Come on here and u would think the season is over already. For those of us who have followed City for many years this is just our usual slow start.

So let's all take a long breath buy our tickets for S****horpe and cheer the x1 city players onto victory instead of the constant doom and gloom.

how anyone can say get rid of James in goal is beyond me! What I will say is that Johnson must start. Let's have that creativity instead of two similar types in central midfield.

COme on you reds, your still the best!

Come on here and u would think the season is over already. For those of us who have followed City for many years this is just our usual slow start.

So let's all take a long breath buy our tickets for S****horpe and cheer the x1 city players onto victory instead of the constant doom and gloom.

how anyone can say get rid of James in goal is beyond me! What I will say is that Johnson must start. Let's have that creativity instead of two similar types in central midfield.

Indeed.

On a side note... this time last year, who would have thought that so many people would be calling to start with Lee and get rid of David James?! Unbelievable that we were able to sign him and now elements on this forum don't want him. Football is a strange, strange game.

I agree about Johnson, I like his attitude and think he is a good little player (I actually think him getting injured Vs Watford in the play-off season was the main reason our push for automatic promotion was halted. Great little combination with Marv that season and I remember thinking at the time he got injured that it was a big blow). However, I can see the arguement against playing him from 'LJ haters' on here. He is never going to offer much in the way of presence and protection for the defence... but let's face it, who is at present?

The way he has handled the treatment he has had from some is testament to his professionalism. I have heard some moronic comments aimed at him over the past couple of years at the gate... I have no idea what people think hurling abuse at someone will achieve.

Anyway, I digress... it's not my intention to start another LJ debate!

Guest monty37

Your all drunk, were heading for a car crash! we have not addressed the problems at the club which have been mounting over the last two years! time will tel, hope you guys are right and im wrong!

Your all drunk, were heading for a car crash! we have not addressed the problems at the club which have been mounting over the last two years! time will tel, hope you guys are right and im wrong!

Noone is saying it's going to be a brilliant season, but I certainly don't subscribe to the view that we are doomed for relagation already!

We finished 10th last season without tearing any trees up. That was with a manager that many on here believed to be 'tactically inept.' We have also improved our squad, yes it is far from perfect, but it was not last year and as I say, we finished 10th.

We are four games in... we have lost ONCE with Millen in charge (at a very difficult place to go), we should have taken 3 points at Donny (which would have been an excellent result) and we showed good character to come back against Barnsley. Yes 2 points from 9 is far from the ideal, but let's not write our boys off just yet. They have had a couple of games together with a hell of a lot of disruption, both managerial and on the injury front (to key players).

Look on the bright side... our defence can't get any worse! :englandsmile4wf:

spot on my friend, we do always seem to be slow starters. we just need that first win to boost confidence, so lets get behind the lads vocally, its all we can do...the rest is down to them :fingerscrossed:

Guest monty37

YOU WERE ALL POSTING THESE SORT OF MESSAGES THIS TIME LAST YEAR! WHEN I WAS SAYING GJ HAS RUN HIS TIME AT ASHTON GATE, IM NOT SAYING KM NEEDS TO BE SACKED, BUT THEIR ARE PROBLEMS THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED WHICH SEEMED TOO BE BRUSHED UNDER CARPET, HOPE YOU GUYS ARE RIGHT AND WE HAVE A GOOD SEASON AND GET PROMOTED, IF KEITH MILLEN WAS THAT GOOD HE WOULD HAVE BEEN GAVE THE JOB BACK IN MAY!

I think a lot of fans aren't worrying too much but the fans who are worrying about relegation already show up more easily and wouldn't be surprised if many on here just can't be bothered to argue the obvious points that Millen has no pre season is stuck with a team made up of GJ/SC signings and none of his own. That the surprise of SC has probably only just sunk in, 11 players have left and 11 have arrived. Add also the fact Wrigley doesn't have the same sort of coaching Idea's as Millen so therefore that will also take time for the team to get used to.

Indeed unfortunately GJ wasn't the only issue. my problem is none of the players involved have been removed maybe they are still the problem.

YOU WERE ALL POSTING THESE SORT OF MESSAGES THIS TIME LAST YEAR! WHEN I WAS SAYING GJ HAS RUN HIS TIME AT ASHTON GATE, IM NOT SAYING KM NEEDS TO BE SACKED, BUT THEIR ARE PROBLEMS THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED WHICH SEEMED TOO BE BRUSHED UNDER CARPET, HOPE YOU GUYS ARE RIGHT AND WE HAVE A GOOD SEASON AND GET PROMOTED, IF KEITH MILLEN WAS THAT GOOD HE WOULD HAVE BEEN GAVE THE JOB BACK IN MAY!

You weren't here last year, in fact you weren't here even last week and hopefully by next week you will be long gone.

Guest monty37

You weren't here last year, in fact you weren't here even last week and hopefully by next week you will be long gone.

So i was not a member of bcff so I was not a fan who had my say! remember one thing fans run football clubs! when Coppell left Bristol city sky sports reported it and they felt for the fans because we have put up with so much over the years,(says it all) which other fans in other parts of the country would not put up with! look at tottenham lost too wigen sat and got boo off the pitch, they want too come down here for 5 years, but thats y their in the prem were not!

So i was not a member of bcff so I was not a fan who had my say! remember one thing fans run football clubs! when Coppell left Bristol city sky sports reported it and they felt for the fans because we have put up with so much over the years,(says it all) which other fans in other parts of the country would not put up with! look at tottenham lost too wigen sat and got boo off the pitch, they want too come down here for 5 years, but thats y their in the prem were not!

Sure it's not something to so with the fact that spurs are a massive club and we are not ? or the fact that spurs have spend iirc around 100 million quid since harry took over ? Obviously the similarities are endless we are also a huge London club with enormous financial clout, frankly it's a disgrace that we weren't in for Mascherano.

Knob.

are you ashtonyate in disguise?

Archived