IGNORED

I Have A Horrible Feeling

GJS_Cider_Army

I cant see anything happening for us today, i just got that feeling were all going to end up very dissapointed. I dont want millen to panic buy but we all know were in desperated need of strenghening certain positions LB,AMC and maybe a CB.

i can see us waiting for the loan market to reopen before we making any more additions to the squad.

I have the feeling today will be quiet too, I will however continue to press F5 right up until the last minute just to check for updates!

I did notice on the BBC that someone had picked up from Twitter Man City were prepared to let Michael Johnson go on loan to Portsmouth, we were linked to him on football rumours, I would be happy with him to replace Hartley. Especially if they pay most of his wages like they are doing for Cardiff!!

Would welcome this. Saw him at Burnley and looked one of the most impressive players in the championship.

We desperately need someone who can inspire the players and fans

I could be wrong but I don't think he'd have taken us over Blackpool after our season start. Blackpool may still be relegated but atm they've had a fairly good start considering and Phillips is far more likely to raise his profile by playing for them than us atm and I imagine that's a large driving point.

No point in looking at other peoples signings and saying "he would have been good" as it's obviously not going to happen.

I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't get anyone now as Millen doesn't have the reputation or experience a player is going to be looking for. I think Coppell was important as he drew people in with his reputation, Millen doesn't have that pull. I'm going to give Millen his chance to prove me wrong but I have a feeling we'll be finishing lower than we did last season unless Maynard comes back and sets the team on fire. Sad to say but I think Maynard is our lifeline and we really need a serious kick up the bum to get back in gear.

we don't need a striker and we don't really need an attacking midfielder at the moment,

We need a left winger (we do not have one)

We need a left back (we have two Mcca and Williams)

our problem isn't scoring its defending and if we sign an attacking midfielder over sorting out the defence then we're going down,

you don't concede you don't lose its as simple as that

we don't need a striker and we don't really need an attacking midfielder at the moment,

We need a left winger (we do not have one)

We need a left back (we have two Mcca and Williams)

our problem isn't scoring its defending and if we sign an attacking midfielder over sorting out the defence then we're going down,

you don't concede you don't lose its as simple as that

Quite agree. The defence has been a problem for 2 years and has still not been addressed. Indeed Gary persistently denied there was a problem despite the endless last minute goals and the Cardiff and Donny defeats. Now Keith is still parroting that we'll work on it in training. If that has not made any difference so far why would it suddenly change? Personally the only regular member of our back four I would have kept was Orr and I would have prioritised 2 centre backs and a left back over every other position. We started out in this division as difficult to score against. Now we are the softest target. Half-hearted talk about possible loans and threatening to drop players to replace them with others whose recent form is just as bad suggests that the penny has still not dropped. :disapointed2se:

I think the bigger issue is we have about 6 players too many now.

I think we need to radically reduce the number on the payroll, something that you can only do when you have interested parties.......

Look at our defenders;

2 RBs, Ribeiro (who can also play CB) and Hunt.

2 LBs, McAllister and T.Williams.

5 centre backs, Fontaine, Stewart, Carey, Nyatanga and Wilson, I know the latter two are injured, the last of them long term, but they still get paid, don't they?

If we are serious about adding anyone else there will have to be far more departures than arrivals on a one for one now.

Archived