IGNORED

Missed Call From City

100200300dear

It is open this season. (the EE)

When they rang me and I asked about bringing my brother due to the "needing to be a member or an ST holder to get in there" rule, they went away and checked and came back and said that my brother would need to be a member. Unless they've changed the rules in the last couple of weeks, but he went away and checked with Jayne.

It might be something to do with the City Foundation. I had a call from a girl with a northern accent asking for a £10 monthly donation for the academy brats.

She wanted me credit card details on the spot. I was brought up to never get into debt, so I always pay cash money. Then she said she'd send me an envelope to put some notes in. I said fair enough. BUT THE ENVELOPE NEVER ARRIVED!!!!AhhhhhHahahaHAha

Kind of related but how awesome is Jayne.

Several times I have been in Australia for work, needed to get hold of a ticket to go to a game on the day I arrive and she has called me on my Australian mobile to sort out the ticket for me.

Sorry it's not that related but she's bloody brilliant and a credit to the club.

It might be something to do with the City Foundation. I had a call from a girl with a northern accent asking for a £10 monthly donation for the academy brats.

She wanted me credit card details on the spot. I was brought up to never get into debt, so I always pay cash money. Then she said she'd send me an envelope to put some notes in. I said fair enough. BUT THE ENVELOPE NEVER ARRIVED!!!!AhhhhhHahahaHAha

As a City Foundation member myself I can tell you that the normal method of payment is direct debit taken from your bank account. Which is just the same as drawing the cash from your account and paying that way.

So, if you can afford it, sign up please. Can't remember the exact figure but the Foundation raises several tens of thousands of pounds a year to support the club AND you might win a prize (never happened to me yet, but that is not the point).

However, I did once win the Cash Takeway. City v Chesterfield game - a few years back now. Could not believe that Mike (whatshisname?) handed me the prize in cash in an envelope pitchside !

I notice it's a cheque these days.

Archived