IGNORED

The Managers

Guest Royal4ever

Guest Royal4ever

I'm sure Neale Cooper and Danny Wilson would of loved to of been out there playing lastnight because they both had an appetite for the game in their playing days. I don't know if they ever played against eachother, but it wouldn't of been pretty if they did, I certainly wouldn't of liked to of been around at the time (I think they probably did play against eachother when Cooper was at Villa). Both were tough midfielders who wouldn't give an inch, they would never go into a tackle half-heartedly (to put it politely), it would of been a great battle, Wilson was very stubborn and Cooper had no fear. Cooper actually played for us, about 10 games in the early 90's, he was an allaction player.

Guest lydneyred

Anyone know what was happening at the start of the second half with cooper and the crowd?

I take it that when they scored their goal and he turned round it was for the benefit of someone in the crowd?

When I got home I watched a bit of the video I taped. At the end Wilson went over to cooper to shake his hand and they genuinely hugged eachother. I thought it was really nice gesture as he (cooper) must have been gutted.

Guest Royal4ever

In 1987/88, Cooper was playing for Villa and Wilson was playing for Luton, both in the old Division One (topflight), that would of been a hell of a battle.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Royal your a top poster mate, if you ever wanna come down for a game let me know yeah?

Is your manor still a top night out, been meaning to take the mrs to Reading for a night but not sure if it'll still be the same. Your town centre's much better than Bristol, especially in terms of the placement of everything.

As for Cooper, I found him abit of a prat to be honest, I think he was OTT and unprofessional, but each to their own.

Guest Royal4ever

Readings an okay night out mate, all depends what way you look at it, I don't think as much happens here in terms of violence and action that happens in the big cities (Birmingham, Manchester, Bristol, Sheffield etc), so it depends on what way you look at it. The last two games we played at Ashton Gate we stayed in Bristol for the night and it was great, I think around your town centre probably has more pubs in a two mile radius than anywhere else I can remember! The Bristol public are quite funny as well, don't know what it is about Bristolians but their just damn funny.

Guest N1 Jim

Cooper and Scott were continually out of their allocated coaching bit by the dug out.

On a couple of occasions he was staring at the crowd and just looked completely wired. Thought his manner was generally aggressive and that's why he got a lot of stick at the end of the first half and at the beginning of the 2nd from the Wiliams.

There were times during the game that he was screaming instructions to Hpool players and it looked like he was just scaring them.

Guest lydneyred

Also was it just me or did he seemed surprise that Danny wanted to shake his hand or hug him at the end?

He seemed like he was prepared to just walk straight past DW.

When Neil Cooper and Martin Scott walked out for the second half, the Ateyo started booing Cooper. They both looked up up at the stand, and as Scott was infield of Copper, he pointed at himself then at Copper as if to say, " You dont mean me do you? You mean Neil..."

Also was it just me or did he seemed surprise that Danny wanted to shake his hand or hug him at the end?

He seemed like he was prepared to just walk straight past DW.

I just watched again. Danny was walking over towards the 'pool dugout when he met Martin Scott coming towards him, they shook hands and hugged then Danny continued walking towards Cooper. He (Cooper) doesn't appear to see Danny almost next to him as he is looking over to where scott has walked. He jumps when danny says something to him and seems to say 'oh there you are' and hugs danny straight away. I thought it was nice.

Dont know if this has been said but i have been told by someone who was watching the game on sky that when one of hartlepools player got injured (not the face injury) and cooper had to make a substitution danny ran over to cooper and started point out what player cooper should bring on (pointing at coopers not pad). Wilson then ran over to the fourth official to try and help him put the numbers up! Who said danny doesnt show passion!

Archived