IGNORED

Friendly Pitch Invasion?

Guest mpoolie

Guest mpoolie

Not from where I was standing it wasn't.

Not all obviously, but a significant number of Bristol City fans thought it was really clever to come and goad the Pools fans, and the players.

I am sure a lot of the fans were genuinly celebrating but if the authorities have the footage of some the fans actions then I am sure they will do something about it. I particularly remember one fan shaking his fist right in the face of one of our players and following him continuing to do it while he was trying to walk away.

And I don't think our players were very happy about not being able to get back to the dressing room and made their feelings known to the police and other security within the ground.

Anyway, for me bring on next season. There are no sour grapes because I am genuinly happy with what we have acheived this season, and to me it has been a great success. No matter whether it is you Brighton or Swindon who go up then it is one less long journey for me next season.

Not from where I was standing it wasn't.

Not all obviously, but a significant number of Bristol City fans thought it was really clever to come and goad the Pools fans, and the players.

I am sure a lot of the fans were genuinly celebrating but if the authorities have the footage of some the fans actions then I am sure they will do something about it. I particularly remember one fan shaking his fist right in the face of one of our players and following him continuing to do it while he was trying to walk away.

And I don't think our players were very happy about not being able to get back to the dressing room and made their feelings known to the police and other security within the ground.

Anyway, for me bring on next season. There are no sour grapes because I am genuinly happy with what we have acheived this season, and to me it has been a great success. No matter whether it is you Brighton or Swindon who go up then it is one less long journey for me next season.

All clubs have the foolish minorities and little can be done apart from trying to put in appropriate measures to avoid such happening.

I for one, along with many others genuinely know how it feels to lose in the play-offs and were clapping as a mark of respect and appreciation.

I'm sure many were over the moon with winning (i know i was).

Your players were clapped from the field and held back by the police whilst a passage was created amongst the celebrating city fans, no aggression was shown.

I was on the pitch and I was one of the many who were applauding the Pool contingent for the massive part they played in creating a brilliant spectacle over the two legs. IN NO WAY was I goading BUT I was being goaded by a few pool fans who thought I was goading!!

As I have said in previous post, nothing but respect for your fans both last night and in the first leg.

I think if you compare, Cardiff Leeds & City v Hartlepool, you'll see the difference.

Those few dipsticks were similar to your "fans" who apparantly ambushed City "Scarfers" on the way back to the the station in the league game-Daft but every club has some.

City have now done this twice, Preston being the other occasion........and we lost that 2-0 when Preston were promoted!

The invasion was 99% good natured and I walked the length of the pitch (with my feet!) to applaud your supporters who were a credit to your City and your team during both legs.

Fans walked away together after the game and met without aggravation before it.

Here's to some more.

As already said every club has their nutters, and i feel there would have been trouble big time if we had lost. We don't have the right to win but some of the idiots can't see that.

We have been stopped from going on the pitch several times recently and I think people were feeling annoyed that other clubs have let people on, even when there has been nothing to celebrate. I think it was Preston a few years back were allowed onto our pitch to celebrate their promotion. It used to be a traditional end of season thing that has been discouraged in recent years due to health & Safety etc. It was a good natured release of energy with a party atmosphere, from what I saw anyway.

I was sad that you didn't get a chance to clap your player, nor they you. I remember going to Plymouth years ago and see them celebrate promotion and it was horrible. They kept us locked in for ages and you just had to watch. That was cruel, so I CAN appreciate how you feel.

We have also had our fair share of loosing vital matches, just missing out. I'm not a fan of the playoffs. It's great if you finish 6th and go up but not if you finish 3rd and don't. I am not saying that just because we were 3rd, I've always said this. Look what happened in the conference this year. I know the players/fans know the rules at the start of the season, but it still sticks in your throat.

I must admit before this season i've never noticed Hartlepool (sorry). But after reading on here how welcoming your fans were to us up at your place, for the league and playoff, I wish we could repay the hospitality and be a welcoming, it is the minority who cause trouble but we haven't got a good name. You did your team proud last night.

We are not up yet, far from it. You gave us 4 hard games. I don't want to play you next year. If you had beaten us i would have wanted you rather than Brighton or Swindon to go up, I don't normally like teams who beat us.

I wish you luck and success for next season and hope you wish us the same, even if we have to play eachother.

I don't think I have ever written such a long post, thanks to anyone who has stuck with it!

EDIT; i've taken so long to type this out all my points have already been covered, better than I explained awsell. I must learn to type! ^_^

mpoolie

I can only apologise for the behaviour of some of the fans who came onto the pitch. I personnally came on as I saw one of your players getting abuse which I was appalled about. I went over to him and a couple of other players and shook hands with them as I thought they had played really well.

Your team and your fans have been fantastic and my applause was genuine. I really felt for how you were felling having been there many times before.

I hope you keep hold of Cooper and that you have a great season next year - but I am really sorry that we wont be playing you :P:P

Archived