IGNORED

Styvar

JMBCFC

Probably that we managed to come to a financial arrangement which saved us paying all of the years' wages he was due and for his part he gets to return home with a few quid and has the chance to resume his career in Slovakia?

It's pretty sad when a signing turns out like this. I guess every club has signings that don't work though.

It does fill me with confidence that at least Millen & Co have recognised this and have acted, if they hadn't I really would be concerned.

Apart from that conman that Souness signed at Souhampton. Came on as sub and then was subbed!!!

Ali Dia. Legend!

http://www.ave-it.net/Football%20Transfer%20flops.htm

I think Massimo Taibi would take some beating as well. Even Fergie has made some awaful signings over the years ... Djemba Djemba, Kleberson, etc ...

My worst ever signing in Football Manager was buying Makele for £10m (for one of the Milan clubs). He was homesick, didn't turn up for training. I played him for a couple of games. No-one would sign him, as he was on £60k a week. Eventually had to terminate his contract at the end of the season. Disaster! :disapointed2se:

Ali Dia. Legend!

http://www.ave-it.ne...fer%20flops.htm

I think Massimo Taibi would take some beating as well. Even Fergie has made some awaful signings over the years ... Djemba Djemba, Kleberson, etc ...

My worst ever signing in Football Manager was buying Makele for £10m (for one of the Milan clubs). He was homesick, didn't turn up for training. I played him for a couple of games. No-one would sign him, as he was on £60k a week. Eventually had to terminate his contract at the end of the season. Disaster! :disapointed2se:

Brian 'Myleftfoot' Tinnion had that experience. He bought Tony Dinning on Championship Manager and won the Champions League and Domestic treble. Sadly reality didn't quite translate so well..................................................

Apart from that conman that Souness signed at Souhampton. Came on as sub and then was subbed!!!

What I can't get my head round though is that, unlike the Saints joker, PS played for Slovakia who are a decent national team (beat Italy in the WC), its not as if he was a part timer from Andorra. Plus he played (and scored) in the EUFA cup, so he did have some pedigree.

There again so did Ray Atteveld!

Ralph Milne anyone?

Ali Dia. Legend!

http://www.ave-it.ne...fer%20flops.htm

What a waste of £750,000 we could of at least tried to flog him in the summer but maybe coppell was gunna give him a chance

i guess we will never know but i didnt c a reason not to bring him into the 1st squad b4 we signed pitman and stead as we were short on strikers we shud of gave him a second chance he only played 10 games for us.

East Euoropean confidence let him down.

Everything was laid out; Extremely good money in a league not crowded by footballers, direct flights from Bristol to Bratislava with Ryan and scouted live several times by the manager and his brother..

..but when it came to a game of football he hide away.

For whatever reason.

Archived