IGNORED

Signing Of The Season Every Season

TBW

Looking at Adomah at the moment he's looking as if he might be the best of our signings for the season and it got me thinking, he was the one most were least optimistic about and it seems our best signings are usually the ones people aren't expecting much of.

Jamie McCombe, signed for next to nothing and became our player of the season.

Adriano Basso, from Woking and expected nothing of him as we had Phillips.

Marvin Elliott, disillusioned at Millwall and was a rock for us especially in his first season here.

Dean Gerken, not the best at controlling his defence, sent out on loan from L1 to L2 before he came here but good job he was brought in considering how things ended up.

Albert Adomah, tribunal fee from League Two.

Maybe we should sign some more "unknowns".

It seems to me that fans are always demanding we sign "name" players (something to do with the current obsession with celebrity for it's own sake perhaps) but it's the "small" names that often turn out to be the best buys. I was delighted when we signed Albert and likewise Brett. Give me hungry young players with something to prove as opposed to those looking to boost their pension pot and have an easy life.

It seems to me that fans are always demanding we sign "name" players (something to do with the current obsession with celebrity for it's own sake perhaps) but it's the "small" names that often turn out to be the best buys. I was delighted when we signed Albert and likewise Brett. Give me hungry young players with something to prove as opposed to those looking to boost their pension pot and have an easy life.

You sir, are talking good sense!!

He wasn't unknown but he was hardly a household name.

If Brett Pitman can make the step up with as much comfort as Albert, hen we will have ourselves another gem hopefully.

No more known than Elliott, he was tipped for big things a couple of years before joining us.

There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know.

You're starting to sound like Donald Rumsfeld. Oh, wait ...

Glad Adomah bagged a goal today. He's looked good whenever I've seen him play and this will hopefully improve his confidence further. I think the lad will do very well here, he seems to have the right attitude to develop his all round play. Could be steal of the Century. Does anyone know the exact fee we payed/will be paying? Last I heard, it was set to go to a tribunal with £200-500k being the likely figure.

You're starting to sound like Donald Rumsfeld. Oh, wait ...

Glad Adomah bagged a goal today. He's looked good whenever I've seen him play and this will hopefully improve his confidence further. I think the lad will do very well here, he seems to have the right attitude to develop his all round play. Could be steal of the Century. Does anyone know the exact fee we payed/will be paying? Last I heard, it was set to go to a tribunal with £200-500k being the likely figure.

i think, and i may well be wrong, it was 400k rising to around 750k depending on appearances etc, as i remember colin sexstone saying it was higher than they were hoping for

the real question is whether barnet got a sell on clause, which i sincerely hope not, as that would massively eat into our profit should he move on. i would much rather pay 750k with no sell on for a young player than 500k but have to give up 25% of the next sale, which (if he is any good) is gonna be more than the extra you paid anyway. after the various debacles involving andy cole and micheal bridges, i do wonder how much the club pays attention to sell-on clauses, though

i think, and i may well be wrong, it was 400k rising to around 750k depending on appearances etc, as i remember colin sexstone saying it was higher than they were hoping for

the real question is whether barnet got a sell on clause, which i sincerely hope not, as that would massively eat into our profit should he move on. i would much rather pay 750k with no sell on for a young player than 500k but have to give up 25% of the next sale, which (if he is any good) is gonna be more than the extra you paid anyway. after the various debacles involving andy cole and micheal bridges, i do wonder how much the club pays attention to sell-on clauses, though

It was £150k, rising to £300k based on appearances, promotion etc. I seem to recall. We offered £100k so a good deal imo.

What strikes me about Albert is his attitude. It's second to none.

He is and will become an even better player for Bristol City :fingerscrossed:

heard this quite alot recently about his attitude amd this is good for us as so many footballers have such a cr*p attitude they just want money and not sucess and are not loyal to any club but i tjink we have signed a cracking player and future prospect in Albert

heard this quite alot recently about his attitude amd this is good for us as so many footballers have such a cr*p attitude they just want money and not sucess and are not loyal to any club but i tjink we have signed a cracking player and future prospect in Albert

As I said on another thread, I believe Adomah is likely be our best signing of the summer and I predict a brilliant future for this very enthusiastic young player. As others have said on here, he really appears to LOVE the game and (together with his pace and talent) we should be very appreciative of that.

Just hope we can hang on to him. Along with Maynard (when he is fit) I think he is going to play in the Prem eventually.

It would be great if that happens with us. Doubt it somehow, because I believe we are at least two seasons away from promotion.

Would love to be wrong about the 2nd prediction above.

Archived