IGNORED

Football League Show No Female Attendance

Never to the dark side

City's action/goals on just after QPR review

That one handed save by David James on five minutes is shown,it could have been very different if that had gone in

No lizie greenwood appearance as its way past her bed time

maybe our public broadcaster should dispense with her services all together

I have already e-mailed the BBC suggesting if they(the BBC) can do with out her one football league show they can do with out her for all the football league shows

On another matter, Can the commentators for our matches on Player please stop saying the premier league scores every five minutes. Or at least give us a warning to cover our ears so Match of the day is still interesting. Does anyone else find this annoying or is it just me? :dunno:

On another matter, Can the commentators for our matches on Player please stop saying the premier league scores every five minutes. Or at least give us a warning to cover our ears so Match of the day is still interesting. Does anyone else find this annoying or is it just me? :dunno:

Yes, me too. Even at a home match I cover my ears at half time. Can't watch it If I know the scores.

absolutely!

but he's still a lightweight in the use of that word compared to Beagrie!

What about Ed 'Absolutely' Hadwin on Radio Bristol. When the breakfast or drivetime presenter throws to Ed's sport bulletins he ALWAYS starts with the phrase 'Yes, absolutely'.

Drives me insane. Counted 3 the other day in one bulletin! ranting.gif

That one handed save by David James on five minutes is shown,it could have been very different if that had gone in

I have already e-mailed the BBC suggesting if they(the BBC) can do with out her one football league show they can do with out her for all the football league shows

Have you emailed Sky to ask them when they are bringing back Sky Sports News??

Guest Parson St Station

Oh it's still around, just to the people with a SKY SPORTS subscription. I assume they should be expected to broadcast it free forever?

Thank god, I thought I had gone back in time as Fox (sky) sports news is on 24/7 here in OZ. On subscription of course.

Thats a rather sexist comment , are you also saying that there is no way women should attend football matches as well. Never the dark side you have let me down!!! Women have every right to commentate on football matches or are you worried that they do the job better than the male commentators?:disapointed2se:

I'm sure the BBC will be very grateful for your advice, but will probably, on balance, decide not to go back to the dark ages in terms of their attitude to women sports presenters.

I'm sure the BBC will be very grateful for your advice, but will probably, on balance, decide not to go back to the dark ages in terms of their attitude to women sports presenters.

I don't think people have a problem with women on football programmes, just women who dont have the first clue about football

Take Lee Mackensie on the F1 coverage, a women in a historically man's world who knows as much about F1 as any man on the show. All the beeb need to do is get a women who knows something about football

Thats a rather sexist comment , are you also saying that there is no way women should attend football matches as well. Never the dark side you have let me down!!! Women have every right to commentate on football matches or are you worried that they do the job better than the male commentators?:disapointed2se:

Whoa there, he doesn't say anything about women just one specific presenter. The only disparaging remark is the bed time comment and I think that is down to age. Why are people too quick to call sexism when someone who pays their license fee disagrees with a poor commentator. He has every right to voice his opinion, she is dire. However I'm sure another woman would do a great job.

I thought NTTDS was just stating that he thought Lizzie's role on the show, to read out fans e-mails, wasn't neccessary and I agree with this. I don't think it would matter if it was a man or women doing Lizzie's job I just don't see how it is beneficial to anyone. This part of the show is often riddled with errors and very rarely offers anything interesting!

The actual comment made was

"as we are on a little bit later than normal we have given Lizzie the night off"

So why was Lizzie chosen to have the night off?

Manish or Leroy could have been the "chosen one"

Like I have said in the past the BBC squanders our money when it suites them(the BBC)

If the football league show can manage with two front persons instead of three that means it saving money.

One thing I do know is that Geoff Twentyman would love to have a female sports radio presenter/commentator on his pay roll.

I thought NTTDS was just stating that he thought Lizzie's role on the show, to read out fans e-mails, wasn't neccessary and I agree with this. I don't think it would matter if it was a man or women doing Lizzie's job I just don't see how it is beneficial to anyone. This part of the show is often riddled with errors and very rarely offers anything interesting!

It's there for us plebs. Marketing/executive types have decided that everything these days has to have the involvement of 'real' people, whether they want it or not..

Personaly I'd just like to see the action with a bit of analysis.

Doesn't bother me.. I won't watch Match of the Day until Holloway is sacked and off air!

The actual comment made was

"as we are on a little bit later than normal we have given Lizzie the night off"

So why was Lizzie chosen to have the night off?

Manish or Leroy could have been the "chosen one"

Like I have said in the past the BBC squanders our money when it suites them(the BBC)

If the football league show can manage with two front persons instead of three that means it saving money.

One thing I do know is that Geoff Twentyman would love to have a female sports radio presenter/commentator on his pay roll.

I will have to speak to him then :laugh:.......... I do quite a lot for Radio Bristol and would love my own show. Never say never.

Whoa there, he doesn't say anything about women just one specific presenter. The only disparaging remark is the bed time comment and I think that is down to age. Why are people too quick to call sexism when someone who pays their license fee disagrees with a poor commentator. He has every right to voice his opinion, she is dire. However I'm sure another woman would do a great job.

Give me the chance please give me the chance :laugh:

I don't think people have a problem with women on football programmes, just women who dont have the first clue about football

Take Lee Mackensie on the F1 coverage, a women in a historically man's world who knows as much about F1 as any man on the show. All the beeb need to do is get a women who knows something about football

As in Jacqui Oatley, who ... um ... commentates on MOTD and Five Live.

Lizzie whatsername is awful. Not her fault, it's the the fault of whoever decided to include her and to structure the programme in such a way that her part of it is nothing but an irritant.

I watched it for the first time in ages at the weekend and it was far better without her and the reading of non-sensical feedback from the audience.

I'm not interested what the audience think and, as a presenter, she may well be quite good but she'd be far better suited to Cbeebies.

Archived