IGNORED

Wobble In The Dolman

Personally, I found it slightly worrying in the Dolman. Is it normal for some give to be in structures like that?

Just keep thinking "christ, it's a long way down!" ^_^

Yes definate movement. Don't tell Health and safety though or they'll close it down. I was wondering what i would land on if we went through. ^_^
Quite possibly the bar if u were lucky!!!!

Seriously though a bit worrying - i did see all the smoke/dust coming up from the dolman and assumed it was just from the gravel track runnin by the side of the pitch

Guest bristolbred

All buildings and stands have a bit of give/flexibility in them to allow for increase and decrese of weight, as well as expansion/ contraction for change of temperature!!. :D

^_^

Guest Dolman Moaner

The stand has actually wobbled quite a few times lately with the larger crowds we have had, but it did seem worse last night.

Perhaps it's all the obese kids I keep reading about in the press ^_^

Cue Neo "Fat Barsteward" response.

Guest bristolbred

Should of gotten Isambard Kingdom Brunel to of built Ashton Gate!!. :D

Would of been a magnificent stadium!!. ^_^

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!. :D

Lets make Cardiff rock too!!. :D

:D

The stand has actually wobbled quite a few times lately with the larger crowds we have had, but it did seem worse last night.

Perhaps it's all the obese kids I keep reading about in the press :D

Cue Neo "Fat Barsteward" response.

Fat Barsteward

I hate to disappoint! ^_^

Watching a TV program last week called something like Ulitmate Buildings and it was about football stadiums. They are all designed to move flexibly around one inch up and one inch down.

They were showing how they designed the new Wembly Stadium, anyone else watch it?

MM

Yea they are all designed to move and give otherwise they would simply collapse. It's far more noticable in large cantilever two tiered stands, i think one of the big double decker stands at Villa park has a large amount of give and Villa fans enjoy all jumping up and down because it moves so much.

Personally, I found it slightly worrying in the Dolman. Is it normal for some give to be in structures like that?

Just keep thinking "christ, it's a long way down!" ^_^

Hey Neo, I know this sounds stupid, but are you the guy with neo on his back, and sits in dolman block b

Being a "building type person" (sorry it's my job !!!), all buildings / structures are designed to allow a tolerance for changes in weight, wind, temperature etc. All buildings will move to a degree if any of the above changes up or down, left or right. Drive over any bridge and you'll see expansion / movements joints at each end.

All public buildings & structures are regularly tested and checked to ensure these tolerences are within set limits. The stand would be inspected for cracks etc etc on a regular basis to comply with BCFC insurance cover etc etc etc etc.

It perfectly safe, but does feel very strange when it happens. Admittedly everything has it's breaking point, but you would have to far exceed last night to get anywhere near it.

Did the earth move for you last night, no, but the Dolman certainly did !!!!!

i also have vague recollections of the stand at leicester movin slightly when we were up there last year - anyone else or is this just me???

and didnt liverpool have to close their new stand a few years back after it wobbled like hell when celtic came down - i'm sure that was the first game it was open as well

Archived