IGNORED

What A Pathetic Bunch Of Losers We Have At This Club!

Andy082005

wow, after the Millwall shambles and the joke that was Barnsley, I didnt think it could get any worse. Thanks Watford for proving me wrong........

Right, im gonna start with Millen. The man in charge. Out of interest, why in the hell has this man been given a 3 year contract to manage this club?? Feel free to shoot me down, im sure it will happen by the "give him time" brigade....but what the hell was Lansdown thinking?? givin an unproven man a 3 YEAR contract?? This is a man who, in the 3 years we have been in this division.....has been in charge of improving our defence? Yet week after week.....we make the same ridiculous, simple mistakes. If anything, our defence is getting worse.

Sticking with Millen....why was Skuse started on the left tonight?? "stick with a winning team" is bullsh*t....you go with your strongest, most balanced side. Picking a team just because they won, is something you would get on a Sunday morning. Would Sir Alex or Arsene do that??? not a chance.

Moving onto the defence. Damien Stewart and Nicky Hunt are quite simply two of the worst players I have seen play for us. Stewart is so slow its embaressing. He gets caught all the time and reminds me of the "fat kid" every Sunday team has that just cant run. Nicky Hunt....well, how much longer can people keep saying "he isnt fit" before they have to admit "he is just sh*t". Couple this with Macca (enough said) and Liam "Ive gone backwards" Fontaine....and we have, one of the worst, if not, THEE worst defence in this league.

Midfield. Same as ever. No creativity in midfield at all.....NONE!! Not one decent chance created all night....NOT BLOODY ONE!!

Finally, LEADERSHIP!! We dont have one leader in that team, and we dont have one natural born winner!! Not one. since Orr and Hartley left, we dont have one player there who has a bit of fire in his belly that can pick us up when your down. We have a team of pathetic wimps, who look like, and act like...losers. Im sorry, but Millen...our manager, falls into the loser category. Average player in his day and an average coach in recent years. I wait with baited breath his predictable post match interview....about "how we need to work on this" and "how we need to work on that"......basically, the same tosh we have heard for god knows how long, yet next week, we will make the same mistakes as we always do.

I said it pre-season, and Ill say it again, im very worried about us this season. Im certain we are going to be in a relegation scrap this year with this squad and manager.....and I have my doubts, whether we have the stomach for a fight, if we do. This year is heading towards being a total disaster if somethin isnt sorted and quickly.

Some people may agree with me, some people may not....some people may say im jumping the gun or being fickle.......but I truely believe that, with no "winners" in the team, and with Keith in charge....we could go down this year

wow, after the Millwall shambles and the joke that was Barnsley, I didnt think it could get any worse. Thanks Watford for proving me wrong........

Right, im gonna start with Millen. The man in charge. Out of interest, why in the hell has this man been given a 3 year contract to manage this club?? Feel free to shoot me down, im sure it will happen by the "give him time" brigade....but what the hell was Lansdown thinking?? givin an unproven man a 3 YEAR contract?? This is a man who, in the 3 years we have been in this division.....has been in charge of improving our defence? Yet week after week.....we make the same ridiculous, simple mistakes. If anything, our defence is getting worse.

Sticking with Millen....why was Skuse started on the left tonight?? "stick with a winning team" is bullsh*t....you go with your strongest, most balanced side. Picking a team just because they won, is something you would get on a Sunday morning. Would Sir Alex or Arsene do that??? not a chance.

Moving onto the defence. Damien Stewart and Nicky Hunt are quite simply two of the worst players I have seen play for us. Stewart is so slow its embaressing. He gets caught all the time and reminds me of the "fat kid" every Sunday team has that just cant run. Nicky Hunt....well, how much longer can people keep saying "he isnt fit" before they have to admit "he is just sh*t". Couple this with Macca (enough said) and Liam "Ive gone backwards" Fontaine....and we have, one of the worst, if not, THEE worst defence in this league.

Midfield. Same as ever. No creativity in midfield at all.....NONE!! Not one decent chance created all night....NOT BLOODY ONE!!

Finally, LEADERSHIP!! We dont have one leader in that team, and we dont have one natural born winner!! Not one. since Orr and Hartley left, we dont have one player there who has a bit of fire in his belly that can pick us up when your down. We have a team of pathetic wimps, who look like, and act like...losers. Im sorry, but Millen...our manager, falls into the loser category. Average player in his day and an average coach in recent years. I wait with baited breath his predictable post match interview....about "how we need to work on this" and "how we need to work on that"......basically, the same tosh we have heard for god knows how long, yet next week, we will make the same mistakes as we always do.

I said it pre-season, and Ill say it again, im very worried about us this season. Im certain we are going to be in a relegation scrap this year with this squad and manager.....and I have my doubts, whether we have the stomach for a fight, if we do. This year is heading towards being a total disaster if somethin isnt sorted and quickly.

Some people may agree with me, some people may not....some people may say im jumping the gun or being fickle.......but I truely believe that, with no "winners" in the team, and with Keith in charge....we could go down this year

Completely agree with you mate have thought exactly the same things myself. Stewart was simply hopeless tonight. We NEED a leader out there to get the lads going, hopefully Carey will return Saturday!

Am very worried about this season already, and funnily enough our wage bill is probably the highest its been since we got back to the Championship!

Yep you're right mate, and someone's posted on ziderheads why do you bring a left sided player on board at last, then within 10 minutes he's told to play central midfield, the crowd were singing 'you don't know what your doing' to the ref, on that showing i think that should be directed at Millen. Stead the only plus point in a very poor team.

First game I've watched this season, put it this way, if that's how we've been playing so far this season and we continue in that way, we WILL go down - no question.

Still things may turn around or they may not, sometimes it just takes a couple of results.

Hate to say it but why has millen adopted coppells 4 4 2. Why, when he lost 1 in 8 at the end of last season playing 3 5 2/5 3 2. Please Millen, be yourself.

GK: James

Lwb: JCR (adomah, rose)

CB: Fonts

CB: Louis

CB: Nyatanga

Rwb: Hunt (ribs when fit) (sproule as an option)

CM:Skuse

CM:Johnson (make the play)

CM: Elliot

ST:Stead

ST: Pittman

If I had the stomach to pen a diagnosis tonight it would look like the one above. As far as Stewart is concerned - I mentioned after the very first game about how he looks like some fat Sunday-leaguer that was literally pouring with sweat and puffing like a train after a mere 5 mins and 5 mins of not having really done anything strenuous. I can't for the life of me see what the attraction was with him. Hunt has looked ok in spells, but more often has looked utterly clueless.

Very disappointed, but not at all surprised. Millen was appointed because we had transfer deals in progress and because we had a limited window time to complete them. He already had his fingers in the pie of the deals and you can understand on this front why he was given the job. I said Tinnion would get us relegated - he would have done had he been allowed to continue. I'm not going to say Millen will get us relegated, but if I don't see a big turnaround in playing style, attitude and perfomance in the next 5 games then I think the writing is on the wall.

We created some chances tonight and it was all down to Stead, who im happy to say, looks class. Hold my hands up, thought he was crap but not at all.

And he was the only player to put in any effort at all. Quite the laziest, most gutless performance I can remember. If we had played QPR they would have bested Cardiff's 6 easily.

totally agree. Team selection for scunny kinda fair enough but not for Watford at home. Defence is a shambles, with squad we have love him or loath him Johnson must come back in. Fair play to , AlbertStead and to a lesser extent Pitman. These 3 looked like they actually gave a toss. Who cares if these people have just signed (Stewart and Hunt). Not good enough, MUST be dropped on Saturday. Ive been a Macca fan til this season(ish) - don't believe he's a crap player, just in very very bad form.

totally agree. Team selection for scunny kinda fair enough but not for Watford at home. Defence is a shambles, with squad we have love him or loath him Johnson must come back in. Fair play to , AlbertStead and to a lesser extent Pitman. These 3 looked like they actually gave a toss. Who cares if these people have just signed (Stewart and Hunt). Not good enough, MUST be dropped on Saturday. Ive been a Macca fan til this season(ish) - don't believe he's a crap player, just in very very bad form.

Pitman ran around a lot but the game seemed to pass him by. Bit worrying. Hopefully he'll acclimatise to the higher level pretty sharpish.

We are in 'Tony Fawthrop' territory here lads - as Scott Davidson said at the time TF was appointed City boss (off the back of a similarly impressive end of season run): 'No other club in this division would have appointed this bloke as manager so why have we?'

As it happened Fawthrop walked shortly afterwards for off-the-pitch reasons, but Scott was absolutely right to challenge his appointment.

Now ask yourselves the same question: Which other Championship club would have appointed Keith Millen as their manager at the start of this season? The answer is precisely NONE.

If Steve L had put him back in as caretaker and immediately started the search externally for a serious candidate that would have made sense, but to give him the job on a 3-year deal was a massive mistake.

As others have said, he has simply repeated the mistakes GJ made at the end of his reign when he kept signing strikers instead of bringing in commanding defenders who could keep clean sheets. To lose Hartley and completely fail to replace him beggars belief. I'm no fan of Lee J but to leave him on the bench and send Williams off to Yeovil when he have no other creative midfielders is a staggering misjudgement.

Opting for Hunt in preference to Ribs is similarly baffling and suggests KM is simply too weak to pick the strongest team for the job. As others have said, the loss of Orr as well as Hartley leaves us leaderless on the pitch and what is going on in the dugout aint too impressive either.

I see it pretty much the same way, i would dance around the City centre naked gladly if this proves to be wrong but my gut feeling even against Barnsley was that we are heading for bottom 6 most of this season.

There is something in me that also says Lansdown will bail out soon and i know others have this feeling too

Andy, im with you 100% mate. Tonight was as bad as I can remember and as you say I cannot remember seeing much worse than Stewart or Hunt in a City shirt?

We are in the mire - VERY DEEP and I just hope that Millen, Lansdown, et al realise it pretty dam quick. NO sweet dreams for tonight more like bloody nightmares...............

Our defence is beyond a joke. The two full-backs need shooting, Macca shows no signs of improving this year and somehow Hunt's even worse. He's a f ** king joke, he just can't do anything. Fontaine looks a shadow of the player he once was, and we need Carey and Ribiero back as soon as bloody possible! I think Johnson needs to start as well. I'm by no means his biggest fan and can't believe we're in a situation where I'd start him, but he's the only midfielder we have that can pass the ball. The other one was shipped to Yeovil! Millen's got an awful lot of work to do, and we really have made a shocking start down the Gate this season.

Andy, im with you 100% mate. Tonight was as bad as I can remember and as you say I cannot remember seeing much worse than Stewart or Hunt in a City shirt?

We are in the mire - VERY DEEP and I just hope that Millen, Lansdown, et al realise it pretty dam quick. NO sweet dreams for tonight more like bloody nightmares...............

Sorry I also forgot in all this excitement to mention the dreadful event that was TONIGHTS GAMES half time competition - Presently Lloyd is giving us the spectacle of a new competition every game!!!! Like our defenders poor old David is having an absolute nightmare this season. Just how does he think that a couple of lads pulled out of the crowd in trainers are going to get anywhere near hitting the cross bar when full time pro's wearing normal boots struggle on Soccer AM - David YET AGAIN its cringe worthy.

Now listening to Skusy and Millen on City player as I type away my anger. Skusy stating YET A BLOODY GAIN "That we have to work hard over the next few days to get it right?" Well I for one Cole are getting sick and tired of hearing this crap this season. Thats what you get paid to do - I really would have thought after a dreadful performance like that the first thing the skipper would have been doing was apologising to the supporters not stating the bleeding obvious - AGAIN!!!

And as for Millen he has just admitted that he took Hunt off because WAIT FOR IT "He had already been booked and he didnt want Nicky to get another yellow....................."

JESUS WEPT Keith cant you see that he deserved to be hauled off yellow card or no yellow card..............

WORDS REALLY FAIL ME

We are in 'Tony Fawthrop' territory here lads - as Scott Davidson said at the time TF was appointed City boss (off the back of a similarly impressive end of season run): 'No other club in this division would have appointed this bloke as manager so why have we?'

As it happened Fawthrop walked shortly afterwards for off-the-pitch reasons, but Scott was absolutely right to challenge his appointment.

Now ask yourselves the same question: Which other Championship club would have appointed Keith Millen as their manager at the start of this season? The answer is precisely NONE.

If Steve L had put him back in as caretaker and immediately started the search externally for a serious candidate that would have made sense, but to give him the job on a 3-year deal was a massive mistake.

As others have said, he has simply repeated the mistakes GJ made at the end of his reign when he kept signing strikers instead of bringing in commanding defenders who could keep clean sheets. To lose Hartley and completely fail to replace him beggars belief. I'm no fan of Lee J but to leave him on the bench and send Williams off to Yeovil when he have no other creative midfielders is a staggering misjudgement.

Opting for Hunt in preference to Ribs is similarly baffling and suggests KM is simply too weak to pick the strongest team for the job. As others have said, the loss of Orr as well as Hartley leaves us leaderless on the pitch and what is going on in the dugout aint too impressive either.

What was happening in the dugout?

I see it pretty much the same way, i would dance around the City centre naked gladly if this proves to be wrong but my gut feeling even against Barnsley was that we are heading for bottom 6 most of this season.

There is something in me that also says Lansdown will bail out soon and i know others have this feeling too

Agree with all of this EXCEPT, SL is no quitter. He will have been as disappointed as all of us tonight with our abject performance, but he is there for the long run, I am certain.

Now listening to Skusy and Millen on City player as I type away my anger. Skusy stating YET A BLOODY GAIN "That we have to work hard over the next few days to get it right?" Well I for one Cole are getting sick and tired of hearing this crap this season.

Agree, had ample chance to put things right tonight on the night. Just turn up and TRY..When Adomah tackled hard and the crowd got behind the team you can see if nowt else this is a good start...

The LJ question has been discussed to death, how have we got to a situation where this is the only thing left to consider? For too long (even with Maynard scoring last season) the question of supply has been going on. Stead dropping back to grab the ball admirable but a non starter. With no Maynard/Haynes we would have problems scoring so good that we have picked up some strikers but even with Maynard/Haynes we had/have ongoing problems elsewhere that have not been sorted..

Is the manager strong enough to make tough decisions and upset senior players? Three of the defence (Hunt, McCallister and Stewart) need to be replaced by Ribeiro, Carey and a quality on loan left back. They must have a play maker in midfield as the team has only really shone when the midfield has been balanced with a play maker - such as the likes of Noble, Harley and Williams - have been given a run in the team. We now have classy wide players and plenty of strikers to choose from to put away chances up front but the current central midfield and back four means that the team is always going to struggle.

I had hoped Millen was going to be bold, attack-minded and decisive but the warning signs were there last season in his unwillingness to upset senior players when he dropped Ribeiro for Orr after Ribs had three great games and one game where he made an error. Ribeiro could even be the answer in central midfield as he has both attacking and defensive abilities. To have a midfield at home of Skuse, Cisse and Elliot borders on the absurd. I thought Hunt was meant to be an attacking full-back but has he ever beaten another player in his life? At least we have the symmetry of two full-backs punting the ball forward out of defence!

Sorry I also forgot in all this excitement to mention the dreadful event that was TONIGHTS GAMES half time competition - Presently Lloyd is giving us the spectacle of a new competition every game!!!! Like our defenders poor old David is having an absolute nightmare this season. Just how does he think that a couple of lads pulled out of the crowd in trainers are going to get anywhere near hitting the cross bar when full time pro's wearing normal boots struggle on Soccer AM - David YET AGAIN its cringe worthy.

Now listening to Skusy and Millen on City player as I type away my anger. Skusy stating YET A BLOODY GAIN "That we have to work hard over the next few days to get it right?" Well I for one Cole are getting sick and tired of hearing this crap this season. Thats what you get paid to do - I really would have thought after a dreadful performance like that the first thing the skipper would have been doing was apologising to the supporters not stating the bleeding obvious - AGAIN!!!

And as for Millen he has just admitted that he took Hunt off because WAIT FOR IT "He had already been booked and he didnt want Nicky to get another yellow....................."

JESUS WEPT Keith cant you see that he deserved to be hauled off yellow card or no yellow card..............

WORDS REALLY FAIL ME

Listen, Cole Skuse as captain is beyond a joke anyway. He is an ok player dont get me wrong (not the world beater some seem to think, certainly not Prem class), but for him to be captain makes me laugh. Seriously, as what point, in all the years of seeing him play has anyone thought "wow, Cole really rallied the team there.....fair play to him" or "look at Cole taking charge on the pitch". He is not a captain. The only reason he has it, is because he is a senior play on the pitch, and, he is best of a bad bunch.....simple as that. He appears to have NO motivational skills at all....just look at his demeanor and body language.....hardly that of someone who has an influence over the team!!

The same can be said about a number of players, and our manager. There is nothing about them that motivates me, the rest of the fans, or even themselves. Out of our starting 11 last night, can anyone name one player who has the ability to inspire anyone??

I was one of Gary Johnsons biggest critics, but at least under him we had someone who could motivate the players (forgetting the last 6/7 months). Apart from towards the end of his time, at least if we had a bad performance in the first half, you knew they would come out fired up for the second half.

To show complete ineptitude and lack of desire for 90 mins really is a first for me at AG. Even worse than the 6-0 mauling to Cardiff (we had a good 10 minutes in that game).

I've seen hundreds of games at the gate over the years and that must be in the top 2 or three worst performances I have ever seen.

Not just devoid of talent or ideas, but no passion either.

Cole Skuse was a joke as captain. Just pointing everywhere without getting any kind of message across. I wanted to see him getting angry and encouraging the younger players.

Who was trying to fire up the players for heavens sake. Lets have some spirit in our play.

Archived