IGNORED

Coppell Or Pulis...

Jordan Tansley

I don't need to go into the Pulis story, god knows we don't need reminding.

But, I am seeing similarities... the signing pulis made put us back several years, and turned us into a mediocre football club...

Every single player Coppell signed is piss poor. James doesn't count, and nor does Adomah seeing as Pete Johnson found him.

Stewart is probably the worst centre half to wear the red and white since Mark Lever. I cannot believe he played the full ninety when we were crying out for Louis.

Hunt can't tackle, cant pass, cant run, cant cross, cant talk, cant control. and he must be on over 10k a week?

Cisse I've got a little more time for... but... No.

I now HATE Coppell more than anyone in football at the moment, more than Pulis, more than Colin. even more than ******* Bully Davies.

I hope I never bump into him, because I'm not sure to what extent I would display my displeasure at the treatment of this club at his hands.

class a cock. I hope he never finds work again.

But, I am seeing similarities... the signing pulis made put us back several years, and turned us into a mediocre football club...

Every single player Coppell signed is piss poor. James doesn't count, and nor does Adomah seeing as Pete Johnson found him.

Stewart is probably the worst centre half to wear the red and white since Mark Lever. I cannot believe he played the full ninety when we were crying out for Louis.

Hunt can't tackle, cant pass, cant run, cant cross, cant talk, cant control. and he must be on over 10k a week?

I now HATE Coppell more than anyone in football at the moment, more than Pulis, more than Colin. even more than ******* Bully Davies.

I hope I never bump into him, because I'm not sure to what extent I would display my displeasure at the treatment of this club at his hands.

i know you are angry, and rightly so but... rofl2br.gif

Pulis, by far. His signings:

Gerard Lavin

Paul Mortimer

Steve Jones

Paul Holland

Peter Beadle

Billy Mercer

John Burns

Keith Millen

All either shit or soon crocked, some both, most on ridiculous wages.

He sold Akinbiyi for personal gain, and let Soren Andersen go for a pittance.

We were about four years recovering from that utter scumbag.

Adomah, James, Cisse all seem like good players and do count as Steve Coppell signed them and had he not wanted them they would not have been signed.

We haven't seen Keohane or Hoban yet who may be little gems for all we know.

Coppell inherited an extremely unbalanced squad and even if Stewart and Hunt do turn out to be duds we're far better off than we were under Pulis.

Hahaha. What would you to do Coppell? I'm intrigued. icecream.gif

Seriously though, tonight was a bloody shambles. Coppell's signings are atrocious - Nicky Hunt? I mean, seriously, he is unbelievably bad! The crowning moment was where he decided to bottle the header he shouldve won, before putting his foot up into the Watford player's face. The guy's a wimp! No positional awareness, no aggression, nothing! Stewart - bad. And Kalifa Cisse - what is he out there for? I know he's a big unit, but so's Johnny flippin Vegas! What's his contribution to the team?

Adomah is a fantastic signing (like you say, not actually made by Coppell) and Stead and Pitman look decent players too.

In answer to your question, I don't think Coppell has quite achieved the level of damage made by Pulis, but he really has left us in the sh*t.

Give me survival by goal difference this season and I'd take it - we're in deep trouble.

P.S. of course Stead and Pitman both signed by Millen.

And breath!

This one is for Tony Pulis

This one is for copout

i know you are angry, and rightly so but... rofl2br.gif

This. Stewart came to us with a decent reputation from QPR & Hunt played 45 minutes today - and had a good game by all accounts at the weekend, has played European football and regular Premier League football (albeit under a previous Bolton manager... incidentally their most successful), not to mention the latter is currently coming back from injury.

And as for the 'Pete Johnson' signing... Who do you think scouts players before they sign? Alex Ferguson? ;)

This. Stewart came to us with a decent reputation from QPR & Hunt played 45 minutes today - and had a good game by all accounts at the weekend, has played European football and regular Premier League football (albeit under a previous Bolton manager... incidentally their most successful), not to mention the latter is currently coming back from injury.

And as for the 'Pete Johnson' signing... Who do you think scouts players before they sign? Alex Ferguson? ;)

hahaha! Like that reference Ronald.

Adomah has himself stated he was signed by Johnson, he'd decided he was coming here before Coppell came.

If Coppell had been here as long as pulis, going by the quality of players he bought here... I'd say he'd have given Pulis a run for his money

That man has set this club back 2 years.

and in answer to popes question... I'd probably shout and swear :)

hahaha! Like that reference Ronald.

Adomah has himself stated he was signed by Johnson, he'd decided he was coming here before Coppell came.

If Coppell had been here as long as pulis, going by the quality of players he bought here... I'd say he'd have given Pulis a run for his money

Pete Johnson, part of the scouting network, who were working during most of Coppell's tenure. I see you've completely ignored my point about what Stewart and Hunt have achieved but whatever.

Pete Johnson, part of the scouting network, who were working during most of Coppell's tenure. I see you've completely ignored my point about what Stewart and Hunt have achieved but whatever.

what does what they've done in the past have to do with the fact they've not been good enough yet and aren't showing much to prove they will ever do it?

what does what they've done in the past have to do with the fact they've not been good enough yet and aren't showing much to prove they will ever do it?

You claim Coppell damaged the club, talking about poor signings; what more can he do but go on their past form? I read numerous pages of a QPR forum where they were upset to see DS leave, and even on a Bolton forum they were lukewarm about the departure of Nicky Hunt, and recognised the contribution he had made for their team. Short of psychic premonition I don't see what you would rather Coppell have done with regard to finding better players than these.

You claim Coppell damaged the club, talking about poor signings; what more can he do but go on their past form? I read numerous pages of a QPR forum where they were upset to see DS leave, and even on a Bolton forum they were lukewarm about the departure of Nicky Hunt, and recognised the contribution he had made for their team. Short of psychic premonition I don't see what you would rather Coppell have done with regard to finding better players than these.

to quote you....

"EVER HEARD OF A SCOUTING SYSTEM?"

if they watched these players first... would they have signed them?

would you have signed Nicky Hunt having watched him?

to quote you....

"EVER HEARD OF A SCOUTING SYSTEM?"

if they watched these players first... would they have signed them?

would you have signed Nicky Hunt having watched him?

Scouting systems do watch them, congratulations. As, incidentally, do the fans of their own team. Unless you know Pete Johnson/Dave Lee intimately, I doubt you've seen their scouting reports, but what do I know. What I do know is, judging by the reactions of those (as mentioned now for a... third? time) at QPR/Bolton, they were liked at their old clubs and played well. Hunt perhaps permitting as he fell out of favour under Coyle/Megson; this does not distort from the truth, however, that he was undeniably involved in Bolton's most successful Premier League run, and is far from past it.

In my eyes no manager could ever come close to what Pulis did to this club.

Archived