IGNORED

Central Midfielder Required Urgently!

Dolman_Stand

Having seen tonights shocking performance it is clear that we have nobody within the centre of midfield comfortable on the ball, time after time Cisse & Elliott both struggled to control a ball first time and if they did manage to get this far a pass to a red shirt was completely out of the question. I can't remember the last time we gave the ball away so much, probably in the Tinnion era which is ironic as he is exactly the sort of player we now need in the centre of the park.

I understand the need for the more athletic players like Cisse / Elliott / Skuse to chase and harass the opposition but we need someone alongside one of them who is able to hold onto the ball and dictate the play, a Richie Wellens / Brian Stock type player would be ideal. I think with the amount of excellent attacking options we have at the club i.e. Stead, Pitman, Adomah, Maynard, Haynes, Campbell-Ryce, Rose and to a lesser extent Clarkson and Sproule (both decent Championship players) it seems crazy that we have nobody at the club able to link the whole thing together!!

Please Keith bring in an experienced "passing" midfielder and lets get the best out of the best strikeforce we have had at this club in a decade.

Archived