IGNORED

Pitman

TBW

I know it's early days but I have to say, he provided nothing tonight at all. I'm not a fan of Clarkson but I'd bring him back in rather than Pitman after that. Pitan didn't seem like he wanted the ball, didn't make anything for himself of make himself available for the ball. Stead went for everything and Pitman might as well had not been there to be perfectly honest.

I realise plenty of them played terribly but have to say, I really hope Haynes is back soon.

Pitman made some good runs and lost his marker numerous times, there was precisely **** all for him to feed off despite Stead's best efforts.

Strikers can either work hard all over the pitch or they can be in the right place to score goals, not both, and Pitman is a goalscorer.

If we give him no ball he will not be much use, through no fault of his own.

Give him time, it took Maynard a while to settle at a higher level. He made some good runs last night and it needs a lee johnson to pick them out. With LJ and Stead and Rose hopefully playing him in on Saturday you will see him in a better light.

Why our midfielders were hoofing the ball up to him last night is anyone guess, surely it is Steads job to collect those balls and flick on for pitman.....sooooo fustrating to watch

Give him time, it took Maynard a while to settle at a higher level. He made some good runs last night and it needs a lee johnson to pick them out. With LJ and Stead and Rose hopefully playing him in on Saturday you will see him in a better light.

Why our midfielders were hoofing the ball up to him last night is anyone guess, surely it is Steads job to collect those balls and flick on for pitman.....sooooo fustrating to watch

Spot on.

Big step up from L2 - L1 - Championship especially the way we are playing at the moment. I think in time he will prove to be a good signing for us and lets be fair, he is there to get on the end of things which can prove quite difficult if there is nothing to get on the end of.

I know it's early days but I have to say, he provided nothing tonight at all. I'm not a fan of Clarkson but I'd bring him back in rather than Pitman after that. Pitan didn't seem like he wanted the ball, didn't make anything for himself of make himself available for the ball. Stead went for everything and Pitman might as well had not been there to be perfectly honest.

I realise plenty of them played terribly but have to say, I really hope Haynes is back soon.

The award for most ridiculous post goes too......

How on earth can you take a cheap shot at Pitman, we could of had Defoe up front last night and you'd of had the same result. Can't you see that? The service and general play last night was terrible and gave the lad no chance to shine. Pitamn is a finisher but to do this he needs the ball put in to the right areas, not 8ft in the air all the time!

Agree with all the retaliation at OP. Sorry mate, but service is our problem. Strikers don't often create out of thin air - bar the magician that is Nicky Maynard of course.

This was a priority area once we were resigned to losing Hartley, we have done nothing to replace him. Either the management completely misunderstood the role he performed for us in buying Cisse, or they have poorly spent on areas of the team that were not wholly necessary. The only priority area that has been addressed after last season (areas that were repeated time and time again on this forum over the summer) was LM. This also may only be a very temporary fix. LB and CM still, are vital areas of repeated and unacceptable weakness for us.

I appreciate we've spent quite a lot this season but at least one of these positions has to be sorted by Christmas or I can see very frustrated (excellent)strikers and a very frustrated (Premier League quality) David James come January.

He's a goalscorer, a poacher and a player that needs the ball played into his feet. He seems very much like a player that offers very little, but will score goals, so if he's not scoring he is basically absent from everything. A player like this is a luxury we can't afford and can only work in a decent team, however he's had practically nothing to work with and I hope I'm wrong.

He's a goalscorer, a poacher and a player that needs the ball played into his feet. He seems very much like a player that offers very little, but will score goals, so if he's not scoring he is basically absent from everything. A player like this is a luxury we can't afford and can only work in a decent team, however he's had practically nothing to work with and I hope I'm wrong.

Like a young Tony Thorpe.

So he'll get stick even if he scores 20 goals a season as he's a "lazy *#*#" :disapointed2se:

Laughable.

I thought Pitman had good pace but looke a little lightweight and was easily hustled off the ball by their thuggish defence.

Far too early to judge the lad though. As has been said, he needs to make a big adjustment to Championship football and also establish a more natural partnership with the rest of the team.

So, while we saw little to cheer last night, I'd say there was definitely some promise there.

Was reading a letter in When Saturday Comes this month from a Bournemouth fan. He was saying that even though Pitman scored all those goals for them, there fans never really took to him.

Interesting to hear, although i'd rather not take to him and he scores a hatful of goals rather than an Akinde love-in when he can't hit a cows backside with a banjo.

As i said in an earlier post Pitman will be a Tony Thorpe-esque striker, the neanderthals will bay for blood even if he scores a hatrick as he does his work in the box and not all over the pitch like a headless chicken.

It's knee jerk reactions like this that make this forum what it is today, give the lad a chance ffs, he's played 3 games in the Championship. :doh:

Exactly! And in two of those games he's only played an hour! He ran his arse off vs scunny and tried his best Tuesday. He made a chance out of nothing on Tuesday and couldve opened his account for city against scunny if it weren't for a decent save by the keeper. He's got that movement in the box that we haven't seen for ages. He went from the back post to the front pulling the defender away with ease and making space. That's what I like to see in a striker.

I am not evening going to bother reading your post the lack of football knowledge you have is a joke.

No service for the front 2 means they won't create, like I said in another thread at times Stead weas between our defense and midfield to get the ball.

how would you know his comments are all critical if you are not reading them?

Archived