IGNORED

The Irish Lads

The Enormous Turnip

After the total lack of ideas and creativity last night, it's obvious that we're crying out for something, anything creative. So surely Lee Johnson, who was my man of the match by a country mile against Barnsley.. and inexplicably hasn't played a single minute since.. has got to start on Saturday.

Apart from LJ though who do we have who could do that job? Cisse and Skuse are just not attacking in any sense, Marvin can cause problems when given license to go forward, but it's certainly not through being creative, and Gavin Williams is out on loan?! A mental decision.

So surely now, with what we have available, one of these Irish lads has to get a run out. Even if it's only for the last half an hour as a sub! Both of them are, as far as I know, attacking central midfielders. Surely irrespective of age and inexperience, they could do so much more of a job than anyone we had on the pitch last night?

I think Keohane is a wide player and he seems to have got more reserve action than Hoban

The problem with sticking them in now is that it might harm their development to come into a side which is in such apparent disaray. Ribiero and Carey need to come in to shore up the back, the only viable option at the minute in midfield is Lee Johnson

Another (slightly related) thing is people bemoaning the lack of creativity in our central midfield. Well i'm afraid that if we play 4-4-2 as many of you have wanted and as Millen kind of has for the last 2 games, you need water carriers in the middle. If you find such a player who can also spot a pass then great, but there aren't many of those around in the Championship. I actually think that if Skuse didn't have to spend so much time covering the inadequacies of his defence he might be able to get his foot on the ball and play the odd pass (as he did on a few occasions against Doncaster). I think that if the 4-4-2 continues, Skuse and Cisse need to be the pairing to go forward, with the onus on protecting the back four, and let our multitude of wingers get on with the job of creating goals

Keohane isn't a wide player, he's naturally an attacking midfielder but can play anywhere across the midfield.You speak as though they're youth players, they're 19 and 20, there are plenty of players that age competing at this level and above.

Keohane isn't a wide player, he's naturally an attacking midfielder but can play anywhere across the midfield.

That's the impression I got from Millen's interviews about them. No idea if they're close to being ready but if they're not, you've got to ask at 19 and 20 why have we signed them? One thing's for sure we desperately need a creative outelt, and with Williams shipped out (agree with Turnip that was a ridiculous decision) we have these two and LJ, and LJ is hardly going to run at defences or carve them open.

They are only on a 1yr deal so I hope they see some first team football this season.

This contact of Coppells has un-earthed some real gems so surely they have got to be worth a punt. Unfortunately our club seem to have a problem with chucking in young players and giving them a chance.

That's the impression I got from Millen's interviews about them. No idea if they're close to being ready but if they're not, you've got to ask at 19 and 20 why have we signed them? One thing's for sure we desperately need a creative outelt, and with Williams shipped out (agree with Turnip that was a ridiculous decision) we have these two and LJ, and LJ is hardly going to run at defences or carve them open.

A lot of quality players have developed late, Ian wright springs to mind

Archived