IGNORED

Deep Breath In..... And Exhale

BristolCity1992

OK, first of all we have been poor so far this season, the performance last night was no where near good enough and Millen knows that, the players should be ashamed at the lack of effort we, the fans saw last night bar one or two who did give their all.

However, we need to remember that this is still a team that is trying to gel together, out of the 11 who started last night 7 have only just joined and 3 of those have made under 3 starts so far. When you add our awful injury crisis into the mix and the fact that copout left after a couple of games is it any surprise that we are struggling at the moment?

It is clear that we need a couple of additions at the back, I don't think that Carey is the answer he was looking poor at times last season and we really need a commanding center half to come in. Someone in the mold of Morgan at Sheff Utd, nasty and no nonsense and we really need to get someone in at left back as at the moment we might as well not have one. (Or a change in formation)

In midfield we were poor again but we have had an unbalanced midfield for the last 3 years, Millen has actually addressed this by bringing in Danny Rose and for 5 minutes our midfield looked good yesterday when he was on the left, how great was it to see someone whip in a cross with their left boot? He will start on Saturday, then its just a case of getting a CM that gets ahead of the ball and drives play on something Skuse, Cisse and Elliot don't do if LJ can be that man I am not sure if not then we need to look outside the club again. It is a shame Williams has gone because I felt he could do this and always seemed to want the ball.

Despite all that there were some promising things last night, Stead looked great I never realized how much work the boy puts in and he could create many chances, Albert was once again a threat he wasted it at times but he is young and will come good and I thought Rose added the width we have needed for so long.

When you look at the signings of Stead, Rose and Pitman I reckon that Millen has made good moves so far in the transfer market better than signings Coppell has made in my opinion. Pitman especially needs to be given time, I heard quite a few groans last night when things did not come off for him and Albert and I was a bit disappointed by that, these are young kids still who need the support of the fans and I think we forgot that at times last night, there were players around them that should have taken the game by the scruff of the neck but did not seem interested in fighting these are the players that should have been moaned at but already we have threads writing Pitman off. (Though I know most people shot the OP down but still!)

We are a way off being at our best at the moment but we still have players to come back in Haynes, Maynard and Ribs these were some of our best players last year and I am sure that with them back in the team we start to see more consistency, we really need to get behind the manager at the moment and the players to even if they dont deserve us after last night (The players I mean not Millen) lets turn Ashton Gate into a fortress again because to be honest it has become to easy for teams to come here and take the piss in the last couple of seasons! Both their fans and the players themselves. (I remember when a player taking a corner would get a ton of abuse thrown at him, now on one even utters a word. Little things like that!)

OK, first of all we have been poor so far this season, the performance last night was no where near good enough and Millen knows that, the players should be ashamed at the lack of effort we, the fans saw last night bar one or two who did give their all.

However, we need to remember that this is still a team that is trying to gel together, out of the 11 who started last night 7 have only just joined and 3 of those have made under 3 starts so far. When you add our awful injury crisis into the mix and the fact that copout left after a couple of games is it any surprise that we are struggling at the moment?

It is clear that we need a couple of additions at the back, I don't think that Carey is the answer he was looking poor at times last season and we really need a commanding center half to come in. Someone in the mold of Morgan at Sheff Utd, nasty and no nonsense and we really need to get someone in at left back as at the moment we might as well not have one. (Or a change in formation)

In midfield we were poor again but we have had an unbalanced midfield for the last 3 years, Millen has actually addressed this by bringing in Danny Rose and for 5 minutes our midfield looked good yesterday when he was on the left, how great was it to see someone whip in a cross with their left boot? He will start on Saturday, then its just a case of getting a CM that gets ahead of the ball and drives play on something Skuse, Cisse and Elliot don't do if LJ can be that man I am not sure if not then we need to look outside the club again. It is a shame Williams has gone because I felt he could do this and always seemed to want the ball.

Despite all that there were some promising things last night, Stead looked great I never realized how much work the boy puts in and he could create many chances, Albert was once again a threat he wasted it at times but he is young and will come good and I thought Rose added the width we have needed for so long.

When you look at the signings of Stead, Rose and Pitman I reckon that Millen has made good moves so far in the transfer market better than signings Coppell has made in my opinion. Pitman especially needs to be given time, I heard quite a few groans last night when things did not come off for him and Albert and I was a bit disappointed by that, these are young kids still who need the support of the fans and I think we forgot that at times last night, there were players around them that should have taken the game by the scruff of the neck but did not seem interested in fighting these are the players that should have been moaned at but already we have threads writing Pitman off. (Though I know most people shot the OP down but still!)

We are a way off being at our best at the moment but we still have players to come back in Haynes, Maynard and Ribs these were some of our best players last year and I am sure that with them back in the team we start to see more consistency, we really need to get behind the manager at the moment and the players to even if they dont deserve us after last night (The players I mean not Millen) lets turn Ashton Gate into a fortress again because to be honest it has become to easy for teams to come here and take the piss in the last couple of seasons! Both their fans and the players themselves. (I remember when a player taking a corner would get a ton of abuse thrown at him, now on one even utters a word. Little things like that!)

This is just about right as I see it.

Millen has made three very good signings, Adomah shows he has ability and Cisse can probably be better judged when he is fully fit and has some games under his belt.

We do need players in certain areas I would have to agree and would expect that shipping a few out would be on the agenda.

In my opinion we need a left back, this is an issue although I dont know a massive amount about Rose and if he can play as a wing back then perhaps we can alter our style a little to accomodate our shortfalls...Good teams do!

I would always play Ribeiro and I would be thinking about a more commanding center back and possibly a midfielder who can pick a pass and have some aggression about him...Gerry Gow style (or give Johnson a run in the side not that aggressive I know but he does always look for a pass). Otherwise I dont think we are far off with just Haynes and Maynard to come back.

I hate losing as much as anyone and more than most, but lets just keep our heads as supporters...I took Johson 11 defeats or something close to change things around and nearly get us in the Play Offs Millen deserves nothing less!!

I went with my mate last night who is a Swansea supporting Gashead (if you can work that out).

Chatting after the match we reckoned that City had better players (on paper anyway) than Watford, but Watford played better as a team.

If Millen can get the balance right (as he seemed to last season), with our injured players coming back and with a couple of signings in key places we could become a strong force in the Championship.

There are players capable of playing attractive football (Stead and Adomah in particular).

The potential is huge, which makes it even more frustrating when we watch such an under-par performance.

I believe we will get there!

Ref CB, I'd take Taylor (no 5) from Watford immediately - if he was available.

He was awesome last night and led a very well organised defence that we simply never broke down.

We could certainly do with a bit of that ourselves.

Archived