IGNORED

Putting Opposition Under Pressure

Fodbarmyarmy

We just dont seem to be able to build up a "head of steam" to keep pressure on opponents and get on top of teams - either home or away......

I cant recall the last time where I thought to myself.......we're gonna score in a minute ....the oppo's cant keep up this defence

In comparison I find every game we play the other side put the pressure on......with their fullbacks racing forward and midfielders running through, strikers pulling our defenders left and right .... ...forcing errors from our defence

Why? .......... no engine room?.............no confidence?........or just no good?

We just dont seem to be able to build up a "head of steam" to keep pressure on opponents and get on top of teams - either home or away......

I cant recall the last time where I thought to myself.......we're gonna score in a minute ....the oppo's cant keep up this defence

In comparison I find every game we play the other side put the pressure on......with their fullbacks racing forward and midfielders running through, strikers pulling our defenders left and right .... ...forcing errors from our defence

Why? .......... no engine room?.............no confidence?........or just no good?

Hi mate, I'm sure as fans we all go along to games hoping for a win, however I think more than anything we like to see City at least pressurise the opposition for periods of the game, as you say at the moment we do find it difficult to sustain spells of genuine pressure, remember the days of Tinnion/Murray when you could almost guarantee a second half onslaught at Ashton Gate regardless of the oppostion.

I just think we are lacking key players in certain areas of the pitch and our style of play dosen't allow for us to maintain possession long enough to give us the confidence to launch quality attacks, I was at Scunny saturday and countless times our full backs would simply launch the ball aimlessly up to the centre halves, which 9 times out of 10 will mean a loss of the ball, I seem to recall when DW was in charge we'd keep the ball an awful lot more than now, the ball would often be played along the back four in the hopes of drawing the oppostion out allowing players like Murray to get in behind, also our wide players never seem to offer any support to the midfield/full backs which then makes us always look long, these are all things I believe a professional set of footballers should be able to do, but our lot dont seem to be able to

I defiantly agree that we don't keep the ball enough, i think we play around at the back well enough, but last night showed that certain players don't like playing the easy ball. For example McAllister can't help but lump the ball into the box instead of a 5 yard inside ball, so many times last night Stead dropped off looking for the ball and he would just lump it into pittman. I just think the midfield need more patience on the ball. We certainly need to quicken our play and press the ball alot more, that will create pressure on the other team. We should be hammering teams down the flanks with players like rose, albert and ivan!! Probably a lack of belief at the moment!

Archived