IGNORED

Have We Calmed Down Now (after Last Night) ?

The Red Planet

Having read all the many threads about last night's dreadful performance, will you permit me to summarise what I believe are the majority (sometimes unanimous) views on here?

1) Starting with the positive - Jon Stead (without doubt our MOM last night, whatever the text votes were) looks like a great signing, just needs some service from midfield. Also - Adomah is going to be a star for us, although (for a young athlete) he seems to "burn out" a bit too quickly (perhaps not surprising with his amazing pace).

2) Our defence is in deep, big trouble with the current line-up. Stewart, McAllister and Hunt are all struggling.

3) We desperately need a leader in defence. Carey is that man, so why is Millen not starting him ? We know he has been injured but he appears to be fit now.so Is there something going on between him and the club ?

4) We have a huge gap in midfield since Hartley left. As many others have said, we are currently lacking a "Midfield General" who can dominate there and spray intelligent passes left, right and centre. Is LJ that man - who is already in the squad ? I think so, and many of you believe he should start on Sat v Coventry.

5) Is KM up to the job ? Hopefully most of you agree (as I do) with Robbored when he has commented today (on more than one thread) - I summarise his comments as follows "Get real City fans , it's still early in the season, we had loads of injury problems at the start of the season and all that Copout rubbish to deal with. This squad is still getting to know each other, with seven new signings recently - give them time"

I am not a journalist, but with so much comment today after last night, for those of you who don't have time to read all the threads, I hope I have summarised the views of the Forum posters after last night (we were so bad, I just about avoided taking a cyanide pill myself when I got home and settled instead for a large whisky !)

Having read all the many threads about last night's dreadful performance, will you permit me to summarise what I believe are the majority (sometimes unanimous) views on here?

1) Starting with the positive - Jon Stead (without doubt our MOM last night, whatever the text votes were) looks like a great signing, just needs some service from midfield. Also - Adomah is going to be a star for us, although (for a young athlete) he seems to "burn out" a bit too quickly (perhaps not surprising with his amazing pace).

2) Our defence is in deep, big trouble with the current line-up. Stewart, McAllister and Hunt are all struggling.

3) We desperately need a leader in defence. Carey is that man, so why is Millen not starting him ? We know he has been injured but he appears to be fit now.so Is there something going on between him and the club ?

4) We have a huge gap in midfield since Hartley left. As many others have said, we are currently lacking a "Midfield General" who can dominate there and spray intelligent passes left, right and centre. Is LJ that man - who is already in the squad ? I think so, and many of you believe he should start on Sat v Coventry.

5) Is KM up to the job ? Hopefully most of you agree (as I do) with Robbored when he has commented today (on more than one thread) - I summarise his comments as follows "Get real City fans , it's still early in the season, we had loads of injury problems at the start of the season and all that Copout rubbish to deal with. This squad is still getting to know each other, with seven new signings recently - give them time"

I am not a journalist, but with so much comment today after last night, for those of you who don't have time to read all the threads, I hope I have summarised the views of the Forum posters after last night (we were so bad, I just about avoided taking a cyanide pill myself when I got home and settled instead for a large whisky !)

I think you've missed somethings. Apart from the usual knee-jerk reaction that always happens just after a match, some people are not happy with:

- Millen dismissing the performance as two bad moments. That's either being stupidly positive for the media and insulting our intelligence or totally missing the point. You can't expect him to be brutally honest but by any yardstick his performance in that interview was poor.

- Longer term - the continued problems in defence. It's been bad for something like two years now when it actually used to be pretty watertight in GJs first two years. That's a long term problem that there doesn't seem to be a solution for. Personally I don't mind blips or issues as long as there is some evidence of at least a plan to resolve it. When it comes to our defensive problems it seems KM doesn't have a clue.

- Lack of shape. 3 central midfielders at home in a 442. Despite having a large squad there doesn't seem to be a coherent plan and it appears to be a mess with even the players not clear where they should be playing or what their roles are.

- McAllister. He's been weak for a very long time. So why no replacement?

There are some things you could forgive KM for after being royally stitched up by Copout. But from a personal pov what I've seen so far fills me with dread - right now I'd accept bad luck and the ocassional mishap as long as there appeared to be a plan or some evidence of tactics. For me that's not there and that scares me.

Archived