IGNORED

Goodridge & Akinbiyi - Those T-shirts

Big Red Rich

Does anyone remember a few years ago when we were last in the Championship for that single season, we were struggling and played Crewe at home I think. Akinbiyi scored and in celebrating lifted their shirts to reveal t-shirts saying "the only way is up" - "so stick with us we need you".......?

I really think we could do with some of this sort of spirit right now, all unite behind the players, the manager, the club. Clearly a difficult time for many reasons at the moment, wouldn't it be great to get a decent win tomorrow, a bit of unity between all the players and an atmosphere to raise the roof.

I don't suppose anyone has a picture of the scene I'm talking about? Whilst we did get relegated that season, it still goes down as a poignant moment for me in my City supporting career that two players really wanted to send a message to the fans.

I remember that one, 5-2 home win v Crewe Alexandra, I'd like to think that most fans that were their that day have indeed stuck with the club to this very day and will do so long after this crop of players have gone, maybe the boot should be placed on the other foot and as fans we ask the players to stick with us, because we really need them in my opinion.

They need to demonstrate that they like playing for our club and are willing to give their all and not act like spoilt boys when things aren't going so well.

Then the players will get the fans fully back on-side, to me the supporters more than play their part which lasts a lifetime

Archived