IGNORED

My Letter To Mp/counciilor

Zip Nolan

Don't know if anyone wants to copy and paste this then send it to their MP/Councillor, my short letter trying to back our Club and City.

Dear Kerry McCarthy,

As my local MP, I would like to register my disbelief in the Village Green debacle at Ashton Vale, how a disused Tip can be designated as a Village Green is not only disgraceful but a complete and utter embarrassment to Bristolians.

Although not in our Ward, it is in our City and a decision which will have repercussions throughout the area. I urge you to fight this unbelievable, ridiculous, backward decision and help put Bristol to where any major City in this Country should be.

Yours sincerely,

Zip Nolan

I'd just point out that if you're going to write a letter to either your MP or your councillors, best to make it to your councillors. Or both.

This is really a council matter, it can't hurt letting the MP know and they can be a figurehead in the press, maybe even ask a question about the legislation in the house (Kerry McCarthy won't, it was her party's fault and she's a nu labour hippy) but your councillors may even be on the committee that decides this.

Every letter helps though.

This is really a council matter, it can't hurt letting the MP know and they can be a figurehead in the press, maybe even ask a question about the legislation in the house (Kerry McCarthy won't, it was her party's fault and she's a nu labour hippy) but your councillors may even be on the committee that decides this.

Every letter helps though.

The legislation got all party support acutally. The problem is that it's open to being mangled by tiny minorities. Certainly needs sorting.

got this reply of Lesley Alexander (councillor for Frome Vale) -

This decision is disappointing for everyone and you may be aware that I was chairman of the committee that voted in favour of the stadium and I voted in favour myself. However in this case the decision will be made by the Public rights of way and greens committee of which I am not a member. I am sure that there will be barristers etc looking at this report to try and find loopholes.

hope this helps!

so might be worth bombarding this lot - http://www.bristol.gov.uk/ccm/content/Council-Democracy/Elected-Representatives/councillor-finder.en?Task=committee&CommitteeCode=WA005

got this reply of Lesley Alexander (councillor for Frome Vale) -

This decision is disappointing for everyone and you may be aware that I was chairman of the committee that voted in favour of the stadium and I voted in favour myself. However in this case the decision will be made by the Public rights of way and greens committee of which I am not a member. I am sure that there will be barristers etc looking at this report to try and find loopholes.

hope this helps!

so might be worth bombarding this lot - http://www.bristol.g...itteeCode=WA005

Just mailed all 7 of them - sounds like the ones we need to target!

Zip - I've adapted your email slightly and just sent Christopher Jackson this

Dear Mr Jackson,

As my most local member of the Public rights of way and greens comittee, I would like to register my disbelief in the Village Green debacle at Ashton Vale.

Quite how a disused tip can be designated as a Village Green is not only farcical but a complete and utter embarrassment to all Bristolians regardless of whether you are a football fan or not.

Although not in my Ward (I live in whitchurch), it is in our City and a decision which will have repercussions throughout the immediate area and the wider region of the South West.

I appreciate the fact you are to be completely unbiased in the upcoming decision, however I implore you all to look at this on a wider picture basis, and also the unavoidable facts that A, this site was indeed used for landfill in the early 90's (within last 20 years) and B, the fact that this application was never even considered until the football club obtained it's planning permission from the council.

Yours sincerely,

Andrew

Let's all get in on this and really push...look what those 200 spanners achieved with 'people power'. Let's get ruddy thousands of us!!

Zip - I've adapted your email slightly and just sent Christopher Jackson this

Dear Mr Jackson,

As my most local member of the Public rights of way and greens comittee, I would like to register my disbelief in the Village Green debacle at Ashton Vale.

Quite how a disused tip can be designated as a Village Green is not only farcical but a complete and utter embarrassment to all Bristolians regardless of whether you are a football fan or not.

Although not in my Ward (I live in whitchurch), it is in our City and a decision which will have repercussions throughout the immediate area and the wider region of the South West.

I appreciate the fact you are to be completely unbiased in the upcoming decision, however I implore you all to look at this on a wider picture basis, and also the unavoidable facts that A, this site was indeed used for landfill in the early 90's (within last 20 years) and B, the fact that this application was never even considered until the football club obtained it's planning permission from the council.

Yours sincerely,

Andrew

Let's all get in on this and really push...look what those 200 spanners achieved with 'people power'. Let's get ruddy thousands of us!!

Fair play, better than mine and you're right, unfortunately being laid back is a Bristolian trait, if we want Steve Lansdown to stay as our Chairman, we now all need to support him.

i have just emailed the club, both local councillors for Bedminster and Dawn Primarolo as our MP with my letter / memories of the tip not being the worlds biggest Village green

i will now email the 7 on the rights of way group with a copy of my letter as well

still cant believe its come to this

:fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

EDIT:

Thats all 7 of them emailed as well....anyone else ??

Archived