IGNORED

All Hard Work Undone

bangers

Has all the hard work of the previous 3/4 seasons come undone by a completely shambolic start to the season? We have gone from a promotion challenging side to relegation candidates, and what is worse, it seems that THOSE IN CHARGE CANT SEE THE OBVIOUS......

We ALL know that we lack creativity, we ALL know that our LB is utter CRAP.....why havent those with the money DONE SOMETHING ABOUT IT???!?!?!

What an embarassing start to the season, and something NEEDS to happen otherwise we will get relegated.....WHAT A LOAD OF SHITTE.

We were NEVER going to challenging for promotion this season, too much upheaval.

We have problems all across the back 4, we haven't replaced the ONLY creative player we had in Hartley & we are BADLY missing Nicky Maynard who can get us a goal out of nothing.

It is going to be a long hard season but what worries me is that last season we were at least getting a point at home against the sides that were strugglers (Peterborough, S****horpe, Coventry etc, etc).......NOW WE ARE LOSING TO THEM!!!!.

It doesn't take a scientist/brain surgeon to see where we are going unless we act NOW and address the deficiencies in the side.

BCAGFC

The Watford performance was the worst performance I have EVER seen at the Gate in terms of effort and commitment, I have never walked away from the ground feeling so disgusted. I couldn't make it today even though I had a ticket and to be honest I was glad.

What is going on at the club, when we first came up to this division our squad was tight knit, committed to the cause and busting a gut to make up the quality gap. We have seen 12 players arrive this summer and the quality of the signings are questionable, we have a bloated squad which STILL fundamentally lacks quality in key positions, the entire defence is woeful, we don't have a midfielder who can create anything.

We do have to give Millen time to sort it but I am very concerned and after the week we have had feeling pretty depressed about the whole club.

Agreed.

The biggest deficiency for me is not having a midfielder at the club who can hold on to the ball and pass it like a professional footballer should be able to do. Constantly giving the ball away in midfield puts pressure on the defence and exposes them badly. Not being able to pass the ball forward means we create very few chances.

Hartley is badly missed.

As well as that, we have several new players who look as if they aren't interested in being here and players who have been here years making the same mistakes that they have always done. Not a good mix.

I didn't understand the line up today with Rose in a midfield three - if Millen felt that was the best formation then Rose shouldn't have been in the team, JCR or Johnson should have been selected.

At least Millen had the balls to make player and formation changes, unfortunately we still shipped another two home goals and at the moment I can't see it changing for the better any time soon.

I think we are all grateful for what GJ done for us in his time here but he did leave us with a squad which lacks ability (skill/creativity wise), I don't doubt Orr's comments about the skill level at QPR, Taarabt, Mackie, etc, etc.

IMO, skill/creativity wise, we are a League 1 side at best.

BCAGFC

The Watford performance was the worst performance I have EVER seen at the Gate in terms of effort and commitment, I have never walked away from the ground feeling so disgusted. I couldn't make it today even though I had a ticket and to be honest I was glad.

What is going on at the club, when we first came up to this division our squad was tight knit, committed to the cause and busting a gut to make up the quality gap. We have seen 12 players arrive this summer and the quality of the signings are questionable, we have a bloated squad which STILL fundamentally lacks quality in key positions, the entire defence is woeful, we don't have a midfielder who can create anything.

We do have to give Millen time to sort it but I am very concerned and after the week we have had feeling pretty depressed about the whole club.

Well we were 100% better than v Watford. We were unlucky not to get a point at least today, players really did give it everything I felt, just lacked that slight bit of quality.

Defensively still suspect though.

Agree with this, especially about the Watford 'performance'. I felt a bit insulted by that and I'm glad I wasn't there today. I have a season ticket but I just couldn't bring myself to be put through it again, how worrying is that!

Has all the hard work of the previous 3/4 seasons come undone by a completely shambolic start to the season?

The hard work of getting promoted and then to the play off final started to be undone that summer and continued from then on. We now have a less balanced team than we had 4 years ago and none of the invincible mentality. The start to the season is just a continuation of that.

The Watford performance was the worst performance I have EVER seen at the Gate in terms of effort and commitment, I have never walked away from the ground feeling so disgusted.

Sadly the older folk on here will have seen far worse!

I'm tied up for the next month or so...despite having a ST I'm rather glad to be saving the petrol money...

I think we are all grateful for what GJ done for us in his time here but he did leave us with a squad which lacks ability (skill/creativity wise),

Did Hartley, Noble, McIndoe and Trundle not suffice in the creativity stakes?

Granted 1 left a while back, 1 was out of favour, 1 was sold and one left for various reasons- but letting Hartley go probably not great move.

I got the train down from Liverpool to watch today, my ships in refit and had the day off so thought why not, so £62.60 for a train ticket, taxis and food ect, im not seeing much change out of £100.00, i bought a season ticket even though i cant get to many games and to be honest i feel really let down, i have supported this club for over 40 years and i supose i should be used being let down, but now i just dont want to put myself though it any more, it might just be that im knackered as ive just got back, but the way im feeling at the mo, i couldnt care less if i saw another game or not, never ever thought id say that.

its a sad day for me.

Night all.

Steve

Well the way I'm seeing it at the moment is we have 1 win in 8 games, our left back needs replacing, we have no creativity and Keith Millen was never going to lead us into the Premier League.

In regards to the results it's not the poor results that bother me, it's knowing we've deserved them all. It seems like there is no immediate plan to turn the club around and being told "This is a new manager, it's going to take time" does not help when 6 months from now if we've not got a good amount of points we'll be battling to remain a Championship team rather than competing to be a Premier League team.

With McAllister I think it's plain to see for everyone that he doesn't have it in him to compete at this level any more and when almost all of the fans are losing faith in him it's very unlikely he's going to turn himself around. Why we brought another 3 strikers in but not a single left back I'll never understand and it appears that Millen has no plans to address this, signs of a manager who cannot see what's right in front of his face.

The lack of creativity is down to Hartley leaving as many have said and as always we seem to invest heavily in defensive minded midfielders and expect our strikers or "wingers" to provide the creativity. It's so obvious that we lack creativity as it's far too often that we go forward, get into the oppositions final third and then seem clueless as about what to do next.

As for Millen, well, let's face it, it looks very likely to be Tinnion all over again only with Millen now having a 3 year contract we may not be able to get rid of him and save us from a potential relegation fate.

Now I know all of this may be met with hostility but it's about time we stopped looking at out club with rose tinted glasses on. The amount of times I have read how Cardiff are a joke yet they look far more likely to get promoted than us and whilst I don't want to go into the debt route I do think that they are taking a few risks and may ultimately pay off which is extremely frustrating to see when we always seem to play it safe and all it is earning us is high hopes and little pay off. I think rather than all this "get behind the team, support Millen, "we're doing what we should be doing" crap it's about time we realised whilst Steve Lansdown is a good man and is the driving force behind us the manager also needs to be someone who has the contacts, who has a reputation that the players want to play for and who has that respect of the players so that when he says jump the players bloody jump! We also seem to be great at picking up dead wood and the odd bargain but we seriously need to start bringing in some players with impressive talent and who are proven. If that means getting rid of the dead wood then bloody do it! Honestly it seems like the club is too nice for it's own good sometimes.

Hartley was our best CM last season but had more than a few crap games too especially when the chips were down. He wouldn't make much difference this year.

Last season, half the forum got offended when I said Skuse wasn't great because he's also a sunshine player.

We had big holes in our squad and filled the most important ones. Few were calling for a creative midfielder - it just wasn't a priority.

We are underperforming massively compared to the quality of the squad, largely due to shambolic defence and poor morale. Fix the defence, morale will go up and we'll start winning.

Hartley was our best CM last season but had more than a few crap games too especially when the chips were down. He wouldn't make much difference this year.

Last season, half the forum got offended when I said Skuse wasn't great because he's also a sunshine player.

We had big holes in our squad and filled the most important ones. Few were calling for a creative midfielder - it just wasn't a priority.

We are underperforming massively compared to the quality of the squad, largely due to shambolic defence and poor morale. Fix the defence, morale will go up and we'll start winning.

And, bearing in mind that we possibly have the worst defence in the Championship at the moment, how exactly is it going to be "fixed"?

And, bearing in mind that we possibly have the worst defence in the Championship at the moment, how exactly is it going to be "fixed"?

Having Carey back helps. Ribs looks as good as we all thought he is. Fonts has to start but whether LB or CB I don't know.

LB is between Macca, Fonts & Tom Williams. CB #2 is between Fonts, Cisse, Nyatanga & Stewart.

My guess is that Fonts-Cisse-Carey-Ribs is the best 4.

Then they need to gel & work out the kinks.

Archived