IGNORED

Time

Barrs Court Red

1 month gone already and we haven't really played any team that I see as a big team in this league. The likes of Cardiff and QPR. We don't really have much time. Something needs to change, and it needs to change now. I'm not sure if getting rid of Millen is right but alot of structure is needed in the team and putting Rose in the middle today for 70 minutes did not help at all.

Guest Old East End Skinhead

We have plenty of it. Give Millen some.

I WISH MILLEN WAS DOING TIME AT HER MAJESTY'S PLEASURE- WHAT HE'S DONE TO MY BELOVED TEAM IS CRIMINAL.

What, accept the managers job after Coppell left us in the shit? What the f ** k do you want the guy to do? Resign?!

THAT'LL DO NICELY.

CHEERS MATE!

I WISH MILLEN WAS DOING TIME AT HER MAJESTY'S PLEASURE- WHAT HE'S DONE TO MY BELOVED TEAM IS CRIMINAL.

One wonders how spouting rubbish like this you have the intelligence to form a sentence. Well, you forgot to turn the caps lock off so that's something.

What a ridiculous comment. I presume you wanted Johnson sacked when he lost nine in a row, notice how giving a manager time can work?

Thats just it , you have said it in your question..... Giving a manager time...... Well Millen Wasnt a manager and still isnt even though he has the post.

It was a ridiculus appointment for me and i would have thought that BCFC should have learned their lesson with the Tinnion cock up.

I am so peed of right now throwing money at City when Millen couldnt run a bath, yet alone a football team.

We are in the Championship for crying out loud.... We shouldnt have a new boy cutting his teeth at this level.... END OF

What a ridiculous comment. I presume you wanted Johnson sacked when he lost nine in a row, notice how giving a manager time can work?

"I presume you wanted Johnson sacked when he lost nine in a row"

NO, ACTUALLY I DIDN'T.

AT LEAST WITH JOHNSON YOU COULD SEE THE GUY HAD SOMETHING GOING FOR HIM - (PERSONALITY, CHARISMA, LEADERSHIP FOR STARTERS.) AND YOU BELIEVED HE COULD TURN THINGS AROUND.

MILLEN'S A JONAH - LANSDOWN WILL QUICKLY NEED TO GIVE HIM A FIRM BOOT UP THE ARSE BEFORE HE SINKS THE SHIP FOREVER.

NO, ACTUALLY I DIDN'T.

AT LEAST WITH JOHNSON YOU COULD SEE THE GUY HAD SOMETHING GOING FOR HIM - (PERSONALITY, CHARISMA, LEADERSHIP FOR STARTERS.) AND YOU BELIEVED HE COULD TURN THINGS AROUND.

MILLEN'S A JONAH - LANSDOWN WILL QUICKLY NEED TO GIVE HIM A FIRM BOOT UP THE ARSE BEFORE HE SINKS THE SHIP FOREVER.

No need to shout! Don't you think it would be more beneficial to the side to give him the benefit of the doubt and allow him some time to see if he can do his job or not, rather than write him off after five minutes?

The thing is, it's not just Millen who needs time, it's the players too. We've brought in so many players and have had an injury crisis. Of course they're not going to be doing as well as maybe you would expect them to.

I really feel for Millen, he really has one of the hardest jobs in the football league at the moment. He took over a side that was lacking confidence after losing heavily at home and then getting embarassed in the cup, massive injury crisis including the club's top player and captain, massive staff turnover with players who need time to gel, and a crowd who are giving him no time at all to prove himself.

We have plenty of it. Give Millen some.

My post from another thread..sorry if some things are slightly out of context for this one!

Regardless of whether Mr. Millen was a knee jerk reaction or not (something you might like to take up with the chairman who bank rolls our club),he has not been given much time to turn things around. The signings of Cisse, The full back from Bolton and Stewart were all Coppell mistakes...Notably none of them played today...The only one of the Coppell 'era' signings who is showing anything like Championship standard form is Adomah.

Now couple that with our injury list when Millen took over..Lets see shall we...Ribeiro, Maynard, Haynes, Carey (Cissee) et al (among others), you have got to be thinking he hasn't had much to work with up until now.

Yes Mr. Millen was a defender as a player and he will in time sort the buggers out, but with the exception of Ribeiro who is class, the players he has at the back are slow, soft, not match fit and at the moment not pulling their weight,

In midfield we lack aggression and the killer ball in the centre, however if today is anything to go by, we have in Danny Rose a player that can pick out a cross AT LAST

In attack we are short of Maynard but Stead is showing a little bit and some how between Haynes Sproule Stead Pitman Clarkson and Akinde (gas not withstanding) we have players that can do the business as was shown last week, its just a matter of looking at which palyers will click in the best formation, prior to Maynard coming back!

Attacking Millen for what seems to be the poisoned chalice he accepted from Coppell is a bit premature.

GJ took months to get us out of the Shit after BT and a run of 9 odd defeats, Millen has got a better record than that already at a higher level

I would suggest right now that the signing of David James may not have helped us much, however he is a good goalkeeper and the manager will know if and when to let Dean Gerkin have a match

We need quality in two areas Left back where we only seem to have one option and centre midfield (a position where LJ was hardly given any time to effect the game today), which I am sure was one of the reasons Steve Wigley was brought in (and was probably our best signing so far), as he certainly has contacts with all the top clubs and I am pretty sure we will see one or two more season long loans in those areas

Thats just it , you have said it in your question..... Giving a manager time...... Well Millen Wasnt a manager and still isnt even though he has the post.

It was a ridiculus appointment for me and i would have thought that BCFC should have learned their lesson with the Tinnion cock up.

I am so peed of right now throwing money at City when Millen couldnt run a bath, yet alone a football team.

We are in the Championship for crying out loud.... We shouldnt have a new boy cutting his teeth at this level.... END OF

spot on. Johnson had a wealth of experience to draw on when times were tough.

I question Lansdown's judgement. When the job spec for the next manager of Bristol City was drawn up what possible similarities were there between Steve Coppell and Keith Millen...if we needed an experienced guy who'd done it before when Coppell was appointed we certainly needed one after. I feel sorry for Keith. Set up to fail.

I'd look at it like this.

GJ took AGES to get us half decent, and finished top half in his first season.

Last season we were utter garbage.

Millen has just come in.

So why the expectation that we'll be so amazing all of a sudden?

I do know what you mean mate but 8 games ago we all had such high hopes, Coppell coming, James, Stewart and Hunt signing and not really knowing the extent of Mayanrds injury therefore hoping he'd be back soon. Then things go a bit tits up and Millen is put in charge and we still have the hope and expectations we started the season with. I know Millen has inherited a team with a lot of problems but after the excitement and expectations of the start of the season, its a huge come down so every loss is magnified and every disappointment hurts that little bit more.

I do know what you mean mate but 8 games ago we all had such high hopes, Coppell coming, James, Stewart and Hunt signing and not really knowing the extent of Mayanrds injury therefore hoping he'd be back soon. Then things go a bit tits up and Millen is put in charge and we still have the hope and expectations we started the season with. I know Millen has inherited a team with a lot of problems but after the excitement and expectations of the start of the season, its a huge come down so every loss is magnified and every disappointment hurts that little bit more.

Naieve hopes tho, because Hunt and Stewart are crap, Orr is never gonna be replaced as easily as the experts here stated, James not into it, new team gotta gel etc etc.

Its all goin against Millen atm so im willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

What a ridculously inane post fom that Eastend skin head guy obviously pissed out of his head on cheap cider and taking something he shouldnt. I bet a £1000 he couldnt produce any match tickets for this seasons games so far .

The worst thing we could do at the moment is force Millen out he needs our support the players like and respect him and they will come good for him Im sure

Its that Dipstick Coppell who has got us into this s**t...I Was never enamoured with his appointment in the first place and would have preferred Curbishley...but thats another topic!

NO, ACTUALLY I DIDN'T.

Selective aint we, we were doing down faster than a whores drawers last season under Johnson, thats why he "resigned", cos he couldnt turn it around. Millen saved our asses last season. Wether he can cut it as a full time manager is still open to debate, but lets see eh?

and kindly take the caps lock off on the keyboard. ta

Selective aint we, we were doing down faster than a whores drawers last season under Johnson, thats why he "resigned", cos he couldnt turn it around. Millen saved our asses last season. Wether he can cut it as a full time manager is still open to debate, but lets see eh?

To be fair bucks, he was replying to a poster who assumed he would have wanted GJ sacked after his 9 game losing run -NOT saying what he felt at the time of GJ's departure.

Most of us accepted the pain in GJ's first couple of months because we knew the drinking culture and comfort club in the dressing room needed sorting out first and foremost. We also knew that GJ's history of success in the lower divisions meant it was extremely likely he would take the club forward once this was achieved.

Most of us felt GJ was exactly the right choice at the time so we were willing to suffer extreme short term pain. Speaking to fellow City fans at the game today not one felt KM was the right choice or have confidence he will take City forward.

He has nothing like the experience or charisma of GJ to lift and galvanize the club and we're also a further step up the football pyramid now which makes the task for an inexperienced manager even more problematical and potentially insurmountable.

As I've said elsewhere, you do not get 15 games to find your feet as a Championship manager, the stakes are far too high.

Millen is tainted with the failures of two (well, three if you can count CopOut as a manager) previous managers. Yes, Johnson did a lot right but no one can kid us that the last 18 months to 2 years have been anything but getting progressively worse.

Yes, maybe, a few of the players signed by CopOut wouldn't have been signed by Millen but we have a manager who had no natural left sided midfield for, well, since McIndoe left - and remember how often he drifted into the middle - and finally signs one, a good one too in Danny Rose; then promptly goes 4-3-3 and plays him more central! Tactical Genius KM is!

Again we have a manager desperately playing the numbers game when it comes to tactics, yes, i feel we should be able to adapt to the needs of the opposition and the shape of a game, but come on this guy doesn't know WHAT system to try so throws them all in.

I concede that KM has not had an easy start to full time management following the farago of CopOut and the injuries to players. But the players he signed (Rose and maybe Stead aside) have not addressed the weakness in the squad that was there when Johnson was in charge and i feel KM had a heavy hand in the running of the club (maybe not the signings) when CopOut was actually contracted - lets be honest CopOut spent most of the bloody time on holiday rather than working out the strengths and weakness' of his squad.

But Millen is not the answer, and if he is then we need better questions!

We may have some quality in this squad but we don't have the leaders in the dressing room or on the training field to galvanise the players into anything like the form they could hit. I was hoping to finish in mid table this year having seen the team improve both in the playing squad and in performances with results following but the siple truth is we ARE going down, I am gutted that I believe this to be true, i really am. Please I would love to eat my words but sometimes you just know what is gonna happen before it happens.

Whatever happens I'll still be a proud red, I've been in the old first division, i've been bottom of the old fourth and i'll be here long past this current set of players forever Red.

Red Oxo; you make some valid points but I think the comparison between GJ and Millen on 'taking months to sort it out' is a wrong one.

GJ was new to the club and Tins left us in a bit of a mess. Millen, on the other hand, knows this club back to front having been here 10 years almost always as an assistant, when not playing. Moreover, GJ left the club in pretty good order as Copout made quite clear. The latter did not destroy that in 90 days. Millen, in short, should have hit the ground running or at very least put a couple of results together.

Red Oxo; you make some valid points but I think the comparison between GJ and Millen on 'taking months to sort it out' is a wrong one.

GJ was new to the club and Tins left us in a bit of a mess. Millen, on the other hand, knows this club back to front having been here 10 years almost always as an assistant, when not playing. Moreover, GJ left the club in pretty good order as Copout made quite clear. The latter did not destroy that in 90 days. Millen, in short, should have hit the ground running or at very least put a couple of results together.

I heard the word 'unbalanced' on here last season more times than you've had hot dinners, I guarantee.

Havana you make good points also, however as another poster has already pointed out we had no natural left sided first team players when GJ was sacked as well as Hartley couldn't wait to get out of AG and hardly one player from our accademy with first team experience...

I think Mr. Coppelll was more referring to the structure of the club not the team..

Hitting the ground running is I think what Mr. Millen did, trying to keep faith with the new signings which clearly did not work. I personally dont think we are far off and having Wigley around the club will almost certainly give us the access to what we need to fill the gaps...

Keep the faith a little longer!

When a new Manager comes in he need time to assess his squad, get to know his players form a relationship with the Chairman.

With KM he didn't need to do any of the above. He managed the team at the end of last season when he enjoyed a honeymoon period.

I feel there is no real excuses for are dreadful preformances this season even taking into account Coppelll walking out it would have been Milen job to galvanised the squad and at least make us differcult to beat but he have been unable to do this.

KM was able to go out and strengthen the squad but did he strengthen in the right places and that is solely down to him.

KM have not been able to motivate this group of players and have not got them playing as a team they are playing like a group of individuals. They are some very good players at the club but not one player is performing so the Manager must shoulder the respondabilty.

If I mess up at work I'm hauled into the office for a lecture. The problem may be that the office owner - Steve Lansdown - hasn't got his eye on the ball. Steve Lansdown's eyes are on the Bristol Council planners that want Ashton Vale to remain as 42 acres of swampland and dog toilet. A football Chairman has to put what's going on on the pitch as the number 1 priority. We were dross on Tuesday but slightly better but poor on Saturday - the situation needs sorting or else we're well up for relegation.

Up the City

Naieve hopes tho, because Hunt and Stewart are crap, Orr is never gonna be replaced as easily as the experts here stated, James not into it, new team gotta gel etc etc.

Its all goin against Millen atm so im willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Short and to the point never thought even if Steve Copell had stayed he would put City into the top 6 this season,its been a season of talk and no end result in following City through all the years never has so much gone down the toilet in such a short space of time. The signings have been to say the least average the exits of Bradley Orr and Paul Hartley were big blows but if they want to go then its just tough not the clubs fault,replace Keith Millen with who ? we aren't a big club its obvious that crowds of 14,000 will continue to slide unless performances improve......Tuesday was a disgrace for some reason David James hasn't worked no matter what defence plays there is no feeling that the gaps have been plugged its jitters from keeper to midfield,for some reason defeat to Coventry didn't bother me as much as Watford but perhaps its a poor reflection on whats being dished up as football that even yesterday is an improvement, After the match on Twentyman phone in one bloke hadn't been to the Gate in 22 years and it would be another 22 years before he went again,that is the sort of fan that needs winning over plus thousands of new faces really is make or break forward or league 1 gas land.Steve Lansdown knows fullwell whats at stake hence his speech on the pitch.

To be fair bucks, he was replying to a poster who assumed he would have wanted GJ sacked after his 9 game losing run -NOT saying what he felt at the time of GJ's departure.

Most of us accepted the pain in GJ's first couple of months because we knew the drinking culture and comfort club in the dressing room needed sorting out first and foremost. We also knew that GJ's history of success in the lower divisions meant it was extremely likely he would take the club forward once this was achieved.

Most of us felt GJ was exactly the right choice at the time so we were willing to suffer extreme short term pain. Speaking to fellow City fans at the game today not one felt KM was the right choice or have confidence he will take City forward.

He has nothing like the experience or charisma of GJ to lift and galvanize the club and we're also a further step up the football pyramid now which makes the task for an inexperienced manager even more problematical and potentially insurmountable.

As I've said elsewhere, you do not get 15 games to find your feet as a Championship manager, the stakes are far too high.

Personally I would have binned Johnson earlier than we did, precisely for the reasons he did eventually go for, the signs were there much earlier.

We have the first disturbing signs that Millen cant sort it either. We cant afford to wait till January to get rid. Either he sorts it, or he goes in 5 games tops. Yesterday was shite, only Adamoah and Rose come out of the game with any credit.

KM have not been able to motivate this group of players and have not got them playing as a team they are playing like a group of individuals.

So no change there then.

They are some very good players at the club but not one player is performing so the Manager must shoulder the respondabilty.

That's just scapegoating. Coppell and whatever went on there is mostly to blame.

When the going gets tough, few in the squad have the bottle. That's why we have these terrible runs of form.

Archived