IGNORED

On A Positive Note

hinsleburg

I don't get this Stead love in.

He was OK and made the goal well, but also gave the ball away and too easily outmuscled. Also what the hell was he doing out on the right wing.

Twice in the first half he was hemmed in by the touchline and could've played the ball back to McAllister but either didn't even appear to see him or chose not to.

Maybe I'll come to appreciate him more as the season progresses.

Also thought Macca was pretty good today and didn't deserve the booing following his chip over the top.

I don't get the Stead love in either. To me he looks slow and for a tall player he is pretty poor in the air. All our balls are pumped up to him and 80% of the time we lose possession. I didn't see one decent shot from him in the last two games and for a striker he seems to have a magnet to the right wing, he is never in the box !!

He's not a striker who will lead the line, he himself described himself as a player who can make goals for others and would be an excellent foil for Maynard. As it was in the first half he was isolated on his own and came deep the get the ball and make chances for others, which he did for Marvin's equaliser.

I don't get this Stead love in.

He was OK and made the goal well, but also gave the ball away and too easily outmuscled. Also what the hell was he doing out on the right wing.

Twice in the first half he was hemmed in by the touchline and could've played the ball back to McAllister but either didn't even appear to see him or chose not to.

Maybe I'll come to appreciate him more as the season progresses.

Also thought Macca was pretty good today and didn't deserve the booing following his chip over the top.

Do you blame him? He might as kick back to the keeper, it would save McAillster doing it

obviously steads douters arent used to seeing stirkers work the channels.

I like strikers who work the channels, but the better ones usually end up getting a shot on goal every so often.

Stead doesnt though, if you play one up front and that player just lays the ball off to the

wide men for crosses then theres no striker in the box. Elliot was the only player capable of getting on the end of the crosses today. Elliot put the work of 2 men in today.

Archived