IGNORED

Time Ladies And Gents...........please

screech

That's all, a little bit of time for this side to settle down. Today was not that bad, Stead and Rose put some terrific balls into the box, Marv hit the post, and we created a couple of half chances.

The performance was a lot better than Tuesday, having Carey back and Ribs bringing the ball out of defence encouraged Marv to get forward a bit more and he got us a goal, Stead had another good game, and so did Albert.

We gifted them 2 goals and that's going to cost any side (unless your Huddersfield) but we looked a hell of a lot more organised in such a short space of time. He changed the team a lot from Tuesday quite rightly, a few tweaks is all thats needed from here in and we should start turning the corner. Wholesale changes is not the way to do things, maybe swapping out Macallister in favour of a 352 and bringing in Johnson to have an extra body in the middle is the way forward next game. I'm of course not saying we was great today, but I don't believe it was that terrible either to start sacking managers and demanding 3 or 4 changes again.

Millen will succeed or fail at what he does in the next 5 games, he needs to use his skills he's aquired as a promising coach to drill into his players their role on the field, we aren't buying or loaning our way out of this, he has got to organise this bunch of players into a hard outfit to break down and instil a tougher mentality, we are far far to quiet on the field of play, I barely hear any of our lot barking out instructions at any frequency, more communication is needed (Bradley Orr was the king of this) and some of that heads, feet, legs or even hampton to be put in the way of any ball coming near our goal, like we did when we first came up. I don't see enough desire to win a second ball for instance and this is the little things that Keith needs to work on. UP THE CITY!!

Archived