IGNORED

Was It Offside?

shepton red

He was definitely onside. The problem was, and is, that any pair of central defenders we play do not seem to think it necessary to mark anybody. It seems that our UEFA A licensed coach can either not see that or cannot put it right. BTW what happened to the two defenders he said he wanted to sign?

I think he was on to be honest, Carey moved up looking for the offside a bit too late. Guess we'll see on TV later.

Well he must have teleported then, because there was no way he was within 10 feet of Platt when Platt received the ball.

I was exactly parallel with Platt when that pass was kicked and he was a good yard offside. I feel we were robbed a point by an absolutely atrocius ref who did nothing to stop Coventry pushing - and in one case with Stead wrestling him away in a headlock - our players off the ball and kicking lumps out of their legs. Did you notice how many of our side were hobbling at the end?

But even with the flag staying down we should have had defenders who could catch Platt. He's not exactly sprinter material, he must weight 18 stone. :crying:

Do you read other people's threads before posting? :grr: I said he was offside when the pass was kicked.

Ha! It was a bit tongue in cheek mate...

However he looked onside to me, live and even though the pictures on TFLS wern't great, he still looked on, Carey's step seemed too late.

Be honest though, I think there are a few people to blame before the ref and his assistants!!

The Ref said he was onside.

Whats the point of this thread, it ain't going to change a thing.

Bristol City 1 - Coventry City 2

End of.

I don't know about anyone else but I would like hear other peoples opinions of whether he was onside or not as I thought he ran from his own half but its not that easy to tell from the Atyeo.

No discussion on hear changes anything ever, its just about opinions.

couldn't see if he was offside when i was at the game and you couldn't tell on tv either as it never showed the right angle to see but no matter if he was or wasn't it was bad defending cos they just stopped with thier hands in the air, basic schoolboy errors cost us again and we need to cut them out NOW if we are to pull away from the bottom, if we dont cut them out its going to be a long hard season, having said that the performance although still shit was still a big improvement on tuesday

One thing is for sure the linesman...sorry asssitanct referee was in no posistion to give any better judgement than anybody on this site as he was way behind play. I agree with a previous post, my reaction at the time was that it was off-side and havign seen the highlights which are inconclusiive to have started his run from the Coventry half Platt must be quicker than Ivan Sproule to have been in th eposistion he was when the ball was received.

I do agree thow that was not the reason we lost yeaterday.

Guest Parson St Station

Don't bother commenting then or even reading the forum, believe me this is just a discussion site.

ok then who is responsible for the demise of the arctic seal?

Its a discussion site right?

We still lost 2-1.

I blame Carey and the Linesman. At least 35,000 seals were clubbed to death before he raised his flag.

Oh , hang on, he didn't....

And so the cull continues.

FFS, shuffling decks on the Titanic. Games over, results in.Discuss...blah,blah,blah

We still frikkin lost.

Onside/Offside who cares.

Tomorrow we still lost 2-1.

Grow up.

We still lost 2-1.

I blame Carey and the Linesman. At least 35,000 seals were clubbed to death before he raised his flag.

FFS, shuffling decks on the Titanic. Games over, results in.Discuss...blah,blah,blah

We still frikkin lost.

Grow up.

Strangest post I've read in a long time...

We still lost 2-1.

We still frikkin lost.

Grow up.

strange bloke...

We still lost 2-1.

We still frikkin lost.

Grow up.

Easy teasy! I bet your mates love having a drink with you...

We still lost 2-1.

We still frikkin lost.

Grow up.

A very reasonable and eloquently expressed point, but you forget that when the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown in to the sea. So the seals are a red herring in my view.

A very reasonable and eloquently expressed point, but you forget that when the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown in to the sea. So the seals are a red herring in my view.

Hmm. This is all beginning to sound a little bit too fishy for my liking. I would like to batter critics of the team and put you boys in your plaice but I cod not be bothered. This forum gives me a haddock, now, where did I put those aspirin?!

We still lost 2-1.

We still frikkin lost.

Grow up.

Dead right mate.

As a ref once said to me after questioning a clearly offside goal; "Have a look in the green'un on Monday cocker, its a goal." Even if Platt was 15 yards offside with a traffic cone on his head with a flashing neon light saying "I'm offside", It makes no difference. Leave the seige mentality to the Arsenals of this world, starting a topic debating whether he was or not is irrelevant. As long as we keep defending like a conference team, these goals will continue to be conceded.

Archived