IGNORED

Support From South Glos

Big Stan Hibbert

Just had a response to an email I sent to Cllrs Andy Perkins, Roger Coales and Pat Rooney asking for their support on the Ashton Vale project.

"As you rightly point out this isn't an issue that is directly on our doorstep, nor is it within South Gloucestershire, although we do appreciate that support for local football teams extends way beyond the immediate vicinity of a ground.

As local councillors in South Gloucestershire, we have not been involved and could not have been involved in the decision making process surrounding the proposed relocation of Bristol City's home ground. We have no more influence than any other South Gloucestershire resident in attempting to secure the relocation of Bristol City's stadium.

Based upon the media coverage we have read and seen, the potential benefits to the area of having an improved stadium do seem rather obvious. In addition to this is the prospect that it would offer Bristol the opportunity to host World Cup games if England were to be awarded the 2018 World Cup and the undoubted benefits that would come with it.

We are happy to write to Bristol City Council and urge a reconsideration of this whole business, so that a new stadium can become a reality."

It all helps...

Why on earth are you wasting time contacting. Councillors in south glos, it needs to be bristol city or north Somerset.

We don't have long and we need to focus our efforts rather than fannying ariund

because people from BCC couldnt give a shit about us as we are not in there area. they would probably be more inclined to listen to south glos council

Why on earth are you wasting time contacting. Councillors in south glos, it needs to be bristol city or north Somerset.

What a pathetic thing to write. You don't think the support of other councillors within the South West region will make a difference? Well I do. I hardly think it's fannying around.

I'm well aware who the decision makers are in this process, and don't need it to be pointed out by you.

jesus thats a bit harsh. probably because politicians know more about the workings of the process, and their reasoned arguments will do more than highly biased emails from football fans

Theres really no need to be so rude. North Somerset have absolutely no bearing on what decision the Bristol City council make either, but its still worth making them aware (the same as South Glos) so they can talk to their fellow councillors about how strongly their neigbouring constituents are feeling.

In the same way that councillors, MPs dont listen to

people from North/East Bristol and South Glos!!

I assume the reason for contacting the South Glos councillors is because that is the area he / she is a constituent of.

The same reason why I have contacted MP and councillors in North Somerset. Because that is where I live. Asked for support when this ridiculous legislation is to be reviewed in order that only genuine Village / Town Green Applications can be made and also to consider the benefits of the whole project for their own constituents and businesses in North Somerset.

Pointless me contacting BCC as they would not give me the time of day.

Just had a response to an email I sent to Cllrs Andy Perkins, Roger Coales and Pat Rooney asking for their support on the Ashton Vale project.

"As you rightly point out this isn't an issue that is directly on our doorstep, nor is it within South Gloucestershire, although we do appreciate that support for local football teams extends way beyond the immediate vicinity of a ground.

As local councillors in South Gloucestershire, we have not been involved and could not have been involved in the decision making process surrounding the proposed relocation of Bristol City's home ground. We have no more influence than any other South Gloucestershire resident in attempting to secure the relocation of Bristol City's stadium.

Based upon the media coverage we have read and seen, the potential benefits to the area of having an improved stadium do seem rather obvious. In addition to this is the prospect that it would offer Bristol the opportunity to host World Cup games if England were to be awarded the 2018 World Cup and the undoubted benefits that would come with it.

We are happy to write to Bristol City Council and urge a reconsideration of this whole business, so that a new stadium can become a reality."

It all helps...

Just like to say, well done, you done this for the love of our football club.

Some people on this forum get right on chest, stupid stupid idiots some of them,and more than happy to give it the big un behind the keyboard

Just like to say, well done, you done this for the love of our football club.

Some people on this forum get right on chest, stupid stupid idiots some of them,and more than happy to give it the big un behind the keyboard

Cheers mate.

Just thought people would be interested to see that the support for the project does stretch across the west. It will happen. I have every confidence.

It all helps...

Councillors that represent the Woodstock ward I do believe? They're also my local councillors and I'm delighted that they're behind us. Every little helps, let's keep the dream alive.

Archived