IGNORED

Responses From Mp's

BS15_RED

Has anyone else had a reply to their letters/emails to their MP's yet? I've had a letter from my MP , Chris Skidmore this morning. It's a standard letter, my mate's had an identical one in which he say's that he's limited in the actions he can take as it's outside his constituency, but he's fully behind the Bristol's World Cup bid and he's concerned that planning legislation to protect areas of outstanding natural beauty and rural villages is being abused. He also say's that he's contacted Steve Lansdown requesting a meeting to discuss the situation.

Has anyone else had a reply to their letters/emails to their MP's yet? I've had a letter from my MP , Chris Skidmore this morning. It's a standard letter, my mate's had an identical one in which he say's that he's limited in the actions he can take as it's outside his constituency, but he's fully behind the Bristol's World Cup bid and he's concerned that planning legislation to protect areas of outstanding natural beauty and rural villages is being abused. He also say's that he's contacted Steve Lansdown requesting a meeting to discuss the situation.

Had one from kerry McCarthy which posted about on another thread.

Think it's one she's penned herself not a generic one, although difficult to say unless someone else has another KM reply.

same here

had one from Dawn Primarolo saying shes behind it all and will do al she can to help

she says she understands the new stadium is the best way for the club to progress and also that the creation of jobs and investment in south bristol is also incredibly important

had replies from both bedminster councillors as well

Mark Bradshaw just said his views are well known and a matter of record (bit blunt really)

Colin Smith was more promising. He said he completely agreed that the stadium was for the best but also that the council had to be careful with their next steps

had replies from several members of the village green committee, but they all basically said the same thing....thanks for comments, will consider but cant say any more as we have to go in with open mind etc etc

Had a response from Jack Lopresti, broadly supportive. But unlikely that a new Tory MP is going to have enough clout to persuade someone like Eric Pickles the Secretary of State for Communities & Local Govt to amend the laws which are being mis-used.

Best chance of defeating this perverse judgement is questioning the evidence provided by the local residents. You can bet your life that the same NIMBYs who claim to have been using the land for 20 years, were the same residents who used to say that the land was unusable as a result of the landfill and poor drainage. Unfortunately, but probably for very good reasons they are provided with anonymity having giving sworn evidence to Ross Crail.

Hopefully the clubs lawyers will find a way to justice. Always believe etc.

Dear Mr Macey,

Thank you for your email of 21st September and my apologies for the delay in responding. I am afraid that a combination of staff illness and holidays has led to a small backlog.

I am afraid I can't get directly involved in a planning decision in Bristol relating to Bristol City FC, but I know that there is a great deal of support for the proposal both in Bristol and in the wider Somerset community, and that it has significant implications for attracting future international games, including its identification as a World Cup venue.

My colleague Stephen Williams MP, who represents Bristol West, has been very vociferous in his support for the scheme, and has as a result attracted a fair degree of opprobrium from some of his constituents who support the designation of the site as a city green. I think the matter is likely to be decided at public enquiry, with which it would be clearly inappropriate for me as Member of Parliament of a rural Somerset constituency to be involved, but I fully understand your concern, and I know that voices within the Bristol community, including my colleague, will make a very strong case.

Yours sincerely,

David Heath

Archived