IGNORED

Good Effort

GrahamC

Clean sheet against a side with a 100% home record before today.

Millen's team selection was vindicated, and when you look at our 4 away games under him the results have been decent, in complete contrast with our home form which has 24th place written all over it so far.

Need to turn it around at home now and starting scoring too, but a point at Burnley is as much as anyone would have expected.

It's one more point towards the 50 we will need to avoid relegation, for sure.

Interesting to see that the defence is finally starting to firm up with the same back four who finished strongly for us last term. Hunt and Stewart are costing us how much per year - £1m between them? - and they are increasingly looking like players who will only get a game if the current back four are injured. And we wonder how we incur heavy losses every year....

Interesting to see that the defence is finally starting to firm up with the same back four who finished strongly for us last term. Hunt and Stewart are costing us how much per year - £1m between them? - and they are increasingly looking like players who will only get a game if the current back four are injured. And we wonder how we incur heavy losses every year....

Hopefully the unjustified Macca abuse will now die down a bit.

Thought Millen got the tactics spot on, myself. Iwelumo, though he saw alot of the ball, was well marshalled. Ribiero was excellent, Jamie Mac decent enough, Stead tireless and the central midfield got through a great deal of work (well, they had to, really). Burnley were decent enough, and with players like Elliot and Eagles, they are always going to cause problems against most teams in the division and the way they play, move the ball quickly to the front and put the defence under pressure, suggests they will cretate chances, certainly at home.

The point gives confidence, and the unchanged team a bit of belief.

Thought Millen got the tactics spot on, myself. Iwelumo, though he saw alot of the ball, was well marshalled. Ribiero was excellent, Jamie Mac decent enough, Stead tireless and the central midfield got through a great deal of work (well, they had to, really). Burnley were decent enough, and with players like Elliot and Eagles, they are always going to cause problems against most teams in the division and the way they play, move the ball quickly to the front and put the defence under pressure, suggests they will cretate chances, certainly at home.

The point gives confidence, and the unchanged team a bit of belief.

Agree with all of the above. Stead isn't particularly quick, but runs his arse off. He was absolutely out on his feet at the end, possibly he should have been replaced or an extra striker thrown on to help him. Rose was excellent also, especially in the 2nd half.

Iwelumo won alot in the air, but didn't particularly threaten, and it was no surprise they took him off.

To be fair the club was backing the previous manager with these two and they do go to show what a knob Mr. Coppell actually is.

Substantial booing when he chipped it over the top near the end looking for a runner, went through to the keeper I think.

Allso, he does get dogs abuse on here which you can't have missed.

It's not abuse, it's criticism.

It's completely justified as well.

He is by far and away the worst player we have in the side now and he is NOT GOOD ENOUGH and hasn't been for several years.

Until he is replaced we will continue to get torn apart down the left side by decent right wingers.

The guy is fking useless.

It's not abuse, it's criticism.

It's completely justified as well.

He is by far and away the worst player we have in the side now and he is NOT GOOD ENOUGH and hasn't been for several years.

Until he is replaced we will continue to get torn apart down the left side by decent right wingers.

The guy is fking useless.

I assume this comment was tongue in cheek bearing in mind your first line.

This game could have gone 1-0 either way today. Better team performance all round, keeping the same team will help.

Much more competitive performance from the midfield meant back four didn`t look so exposed as previous games.

Haines still a little bit off the pace, not happy to be substituted,which in my book is a good sign.Good players want to play.

Mildly suprised KM didn`t throw Sproule on for the last 15 mins, His pace through the middle would have been interesting against their no21.

I know this has turned into a Macca love/hate thread.I think who is directly playing in front of him has a lot to do with how poor or otherwise he looks.I personally never like it when JCR plays in front of him, we always look very exposed with that pairing.I think sometimes he gets picked because of lack of cover in that position and our reliance on his dead ball kicking.If its not him or Skuse, who takes the corners, free kicks etc without Hartley?????

The trouble with him is that he tends to jump in on challenges, example again yesterday with a needless booking (no suprise there)and always looks the favourite candidate for being sent off.

Pummpey here we come!

CTID.

This game could have gone 1-0 either way today. Better team performance all round, keeping the same team will help.

Much more competitive performance from the midfield meant back four didn`t look so exposed as previous games.

Haines still a little bit off the pace, not happy to be substituted,which in my book is a good sign.Good players want to play.

How do Fonts Carey and Ribs play?

How do Fonts Carey and Ribs play?

Fonts ok but missed our best chance from a free header.

Carey Still needs matches to get up to pace and wasted a lot of balls aimlessly punting it forward.

Ribs much sharper this week I thought he was our MoM also seems to being getting a good understanding with Albert

I assume this comment was tongue in cheek bearing in mind your first line.

Nope not at all.

It's criticism.

I'll never abuse a player and/or boo him.

However if a guy is fking useless I will point it out, and McAllister most definitely is.

His positional awareness is non-existent, his ability to play a decent pass is limited to lump it over the top and he gets torn apart by half decent right wingers for both pace and skill.

I don't dislike McAllister, I just think he is playing above his level and I worry about how many more goals it will cost us.

Nope not at all.

It's criticism.

I'll never abuse a player and/or boo him.

However if a guy is fking useless I will point it out, and McAllister most definitely is.

His positional awareness is non-existent, his ability to play a decent pass is limited to lump it over the top and he gets torn apart by half decent right wingers for both pace and skill.

I don't dislike McAllister, I just think he is playing above his level and I worry about how many more goals it will cost us.

OK, guess it's how you define abuse, be it verbal or written. To me calling someone effing useless is abuse.

Archived