IGNORED

Cisse,hunt,stewart

riddlesdown red

Was trying to find previous thread involving these three SC signings, i believe some of them were on 3 year deals, i get the strong impression these players will not be in KM starting 11 that often other than through injuries. I know it is a squad game but we could be saddled with these three for a long time and if they are on decent money they could be happy to rake in money that could have been spent on a youngster with bags of promise like Adomah. I feel a bit sorry for hunt he has had a dreadful start and as a former prem player he must be gutted he can't get into a championship team hopefully pride will make him look elsewhere in Jan.

Not too late for any of them to come good.. To be fair it took Maynard a while to hit top form and although you would expect much more seasoned professionals as Cisse, Hunt and Stewart are to not take this time, any player would take a while to adjust to all the disruption here. Players need time to gel, we've had a lot of movement this summer. Im not making excuses for any of them, just hoping that they come good which I think they will - given time.

None of the players have had a fair chance to be honest,

Cisse - does his job well, but quietly, under rated

Hunt - Straight from day 1 he was injured and people started slagging him off before he could become fully fit, hence now has a lack of confidence

Stewart - QPR's best defender for the last 3 seasons apartently, but needs a leader besides him, now carey is back lets see how he does

Interesting talking about these three players. Colleagues at QPR and Reading give some insight as to their ability. At Reading Cisse played initially as the defensive holding player but they found he 'lacked concentration' they found his best position was at centre back and he did a good job for them, but we havent tried him at centre half. With the new spurs lad coming this isnt going to happen.

At QPR Stewart did a reasonable job along a fleet footed Fitz Hall. Stewart has no pace, Warnock recognised this and shipped him out in the Orr deal, which was good business....for QPR

As for Hunt, you only had to read the Bolton fanzones with offers to 'personally drive him down to Ashton Gate' if they could offload him, to see his pedigree. Basically we have signed three pups.

I still think Stewart will come good, lets not forget he was out injured for a long time and needs time to settle in, hopefully by Xmas he will be the commanding CB we need

Hope he stays away from the Xmas pud tho.

http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2652&page=4

Not good enough for Bolton, not good enough for Derby, welcome to Bristol City! He seemed slow to me, caught out of position,

a bit clueless at times... Injury maybe, we will see. With Ribs about you would need to be brave to give him another game?

Glad we have Carey and Ribs right now.

All will get another Chance to prove themselves, it's up them to prove it.

hunt got injured in his first game in pre-season and has been having pre-match injections ever since, getting the rest he needs to recover properly now

Stewart and Cisse......bothblikely to be gone in Jan I reckon (if we can find buyers)

Interesting talking about these three players. Colleagues at QPR and Reading give some insight as to their ability. At Reading Cisse played initially as the defensive holding player but they found he 'lacked concentration' they found his best position was at centre back and he did a good job for them, but we havent tried him at centre half. With the new spurs lad coming this isnt going to happen.

At QPR Stewart did a reasonable job along a fleet footed Fitz Hall. Stewart has no pace, Warnock recognised this and shipped him out in the Orr deal, which was good business....for QPR

As for Hunt, you only had to read the Bolton fanzones with offers to 'personally drive him down to Ashton Gate' if they could offload him, to see his pedigree. Basically we have signed three pups.

3 players on (?) £10K p/wk and 3 year deals = £4.5 MILLION wasted by Coppell before he quit.

KM's selection have made it clear he thinks there are better players in their positions when everybody is fit.

Only Stewart made the bench v. Burnley, and with Caulker signing on loan I would think he moves above Stewart now - otherwise why bring him in if there is no probability of him playing.

One of Coppells strengths was supposed to be his skill in the transfer market, and despite the deparate attempts to suggest these 3 will somehow "come good""

we've all seen them play and we're all deeply disappointed in their performances.

CR

Archived