IGNORED

Pompey Match Thread

The Casual Connoisseur

I find this hilarious, and really cant believe some people want Johnson back. We would be League 1 now if he had stayed

as opposed to heading where at the moment?

I don't think anyone is arguing for GJ to come back. But some of us took considerable stick for defending his record...and I for one would have expected him to be replaced by someone better....not two disasters! Can't tell you how disillusioned that left some of us.

as opposed to heading where at the moment?

I don't think anyone is arguing for GJ to come back. But some of us took considerable stick for defending his record...and I for one would have expected him to be replaced by someone better....not two disasters! Can't tell you how disillusioned that left some of us.

listen, 99% of us seen Coppell as a positive step forward.....no doubt about it at the time.

I do agree with Millen though.....he should never have got the job

He didn't, he already had one. Which he would have had to pay up had someone else come in and wanted his new team.

Therefore if he has to get rid, it won't be much more expensive than when SC left.

Tom, you're a fairly bright bloke, you know the cost to this club of relegation is incomparable.

Either you weren't there tonight or you got home incredibly fast; did you not hear the 'shoots of recovery' mentioned countless times on Radio Bristol or did you choose to ignore them?

we just lost a relegation 6-pointer and are now deep in the crap. If you are relying on a biased local radio commentator to give you a balanced view of how good this City team is good luck. Personally, one look at the league table tells me all I need to go.

Millen got lucky at the end of last season and has been found out good and proper this term.

How about people who were there MH?

Relegation six pointer, we have not even reached the third month of the season yet, this forum is a joke sometimes, should we all just pack up and go home?

of course not - I'm a season ticket holder and have been watching City for almost 40 years. I'll never give up...BUT we have already played most of the crap teams (on paper) and now face a hideous run against the top

sides. We might as well be honest - it's a relegation battle and if we are not in the bottom 3 in aonth's time I'll be very surprised.

I will ask people to look back to Johnson's first few games in charge and remember.

GJ had a track record of success, we all knew it was only a matter of time.

KM has no experience, let alone a successful managerial past, and the Championship is an unforgiving place for a novice to try and find his feet.

we just lost a relegation 6-pointer and are now deep in the crap. If you are relying on a biased local radio commentator to give you a balanced view of how good this City team is good luck. Personally, one look at the league table tells me all I need to go.

You're a laughing stock. I imagine Ashdown's saves were dreamed up by the commentary team, and of course those who were at the game and have walked back in singing the team's praises almost to a man.

Stop clutching at straws.

KM has no experience, let alone a successful managerial past, and the Championship is an unforgiving place for a novice to try and find his feet.

Again I would agree with you here, I felt more confident that GJ would turn it around but not all of us knew it was only a matter of time or maybe you have forgot the state of this forum after the Southend game and the famous comments from RR.

We are stuck with Millen if we like it or not, there is no way getting on his back will help anyone.

of course not - I'm a season ticket holder and have been watching City for almost 40 years. I'll never give up...BUT we have already played most of the crap teams (on paper) and now face a hideous run against the top

sides. We might as well be honest - it's a relegation battle and if we are not in the bottom 3 in aonth's time I'll be very surprised.

40 years and you still don't haveva friggin clue that a session is about 46 games!!!!!

10/11 new players, new manager and assistant, pus missing our best forward. It's going to take time......

Perhaps your time would have been better spent supporting manor farm

Top 2 teams last season.....who were their managers??? Yes. rookies!!!

Again I would agree with you here, I felt more confident that GJ would turn it around but not all of us knew it was only a matter of time or maybe you have forgot the state of this forum after the Southend game and the famous comments from RR.

We are stuck with Millen if we like it or not, there is no way getting on his back will help anyone.

I was at the Southend game and I remember RR and Bristol Boy's threads of course.

The thing is I also remember that the vast majority of fans had real faith in GJ despite the horrible run and did believe if we suffered the short term pain and humiliation then we would get our reward.

There were strident voices against him but, though loud, they were comparatively few and isolated.

The thing is there is no tangible reason to believe KM will turn this round.

It is purely blind faith that with a bit of luck he might and there is a perhaps a greater likelihood that he won't, especially as the pressure inevitably builds.

Top 2 teams last season.....who were their managers??? Yes. rookies!!!

You're missing the point.

The previous poster mentioned GJ's horrific start and alluded to the possibility that KM would/could come good like GJ did.

I'm saying there is no reason to assume KM will come good at any stage, whereas, with his previous record there was every reason to expect that GJ would.

I'm saying there is no reason to assume KM will come good at any stage, whereas, with his previous record there was every reason to expect that GJ would.

I'm sure if you tried hard enough you could come up with a number of reasons, even as someone who doesn't want to have faith in Millen.

I'm sure if you tried hard enough you could come up with a number of reasons, even as someone who doesn't want to have faith in Millen.

It's not a question of not wanting to have faith in Millen, Ron, I simply don't have any reason to have faith in him. I want him to do well as much as you do.

If you have a list of reasons which would persuade me that I should have expectations that KM has the wherewithall to turn this round, perhaps it is encumbent on you to list them.

It's not a question of not wanting to have faith in Millen, Ron, I simply don't have any reason to have faith in him. I want him to do well as much as you do.

I was not meaning to be patronising in writing this, because this is how it comes across; it's not you alone but it does seem as though Millen was doomed from day one from a number of spectators.

If you have a list of reasons which would persuade me that I should have expectations that KM has the wherewithall to turn this round, perhaps it is encumbent on you to list them.

I think if you look at threads from people who were at the game tonight you would see the positives. Portsmouth are in a false position and turned over Leicester with ease on Friday. Yes they went down to 10 men but that's still a massive tally against any side. They have quality oozing through the team in Utaka, Nugent, Mokoena, Lawrence, Kitson, even Ashdown who has played a number of times in the Premier League. We took them all the way and should have got something out of the game. Add that to a battling point at Burnley, who have dropped nothing at home all season and battered Hull 4-0 tonight. Adomah and Stead are looking very sharp, James is pulling off some superb saves, Caulker came in tonight and looked superb, and the moment we switch to a 3-5-2 which worked so well last season and helps to cover for our weaknesses (McAllister, who was a midfielder before he came to us and has arguably had his best, albeit few, games for us in that position, played closer to it when at LWB) we look a far more convincing team. We've got our best goalscorer to come back. I'm ignoring the negatives in this list, but at least I've said that's what I'm doing. There are those who are displaying them solely and acting like that's the whole story. We're not there but I don't agree with your sentiment (paraphrased) that a little faith & time doesn't work in the Championship. If Portsmouth are a 'poor' side then who are the good teams in this league? I remember people saying how average Watford were and using that against KM in their post match analysis and look what they went and did the following weekend against a Milwall team who took us to pieces on the opening day. It's as even as it has been since we've been in the Championship & at this stage it's still anyone's game.

Archived