IGNORED

Can Millen Turn Us Around?

Mrdc

Well its 2120 on Tuesday night and it looks as if we are heading towards another defeat, defence is a stambles, midfield is all over the place. I really cannot see where our next win is going to come from.

After tonight it will be 1 win in 9 games, so if we carry on like this we will have 5 or 6 wins by May and end up with about 40 points, which will mean certain relegation.

Can anybody see Millen being able to turn us around? Sadly I cannot and the longer he remains in charge, I can just see things getting worse and worse.

When Millen was apointed I thought it was the best thing to do but now with hindsite, it looks as if it could be a huge mistake that could take us back years.

This is not meant to be a Millen out thread, I want to give the bloke time but I just dont know how much longer we can give him.

Well its 2120 on Tuesday night and it looks as if we are heading towards another defeat, defence is a stambles, midfield is all over the place. I really cannot see where our next win is going to come from.

After tonight it will be 1 win in 9 games, so if we carry on like this we will have 5 or 6 wins by May and end up with about 40 points, which will mean certain relegation.

Can anybody see Millen being able to turn us around? Sadly I cannot and the longer he remains in charge, I can just see things getting worse and worse.

When Millen was apointed I thought it was the best thing to do but now with hindsite, it looks as if it could be a huge mistake that could take us back years.

This is not meant to be a Millen out thread, I want to give the bloke time but I just dont know how much longer we can give him.

Millen has to go, end of story. He should never have been given the damn job in the first place.

We will go down with him in charge.....I have no doubt about it

Listening to tonight's game I have been thinking how much better we sound - that combined with the difference between Watford and Coventry games I feel he is already turning it around. Results seem to be more of an issue than the problems of only 4 weeks ago when performance and results were very poor.

Listening to tonight's game I have been thinking how much better we sound - that combined with the difference between Watford and Coventry games I feel he is already turning it around. Results seem to be more of an issue than the problems of only 4 weeks ago when performance and results were very poor.

In my opinion losing to the 2nd from bottom team 3-1 isn't turning it around, 6pts from 9 games as we all know is relegation form, we've been crap from day one and are still conceding 3 goals most games! I fear the worst for the Club.

But we need some wins and if we dont get them soon, we are going to be in brown stuff.

I didnt start this thread to be a 'Milllen out' thread' but I just dont know where we go from here.

Please can we have Matin O Neil a proper manager

You really think he'd come here? According to most of the people on this thread we are going to be in L1 by November.. so why would he join us?

By the sounds of it we put in a superb performance tonight and were very unlucky. Anyone remember that game at home to Bradford, the end of the 9 game losing spree?

I wish I could share your optimism.

The facts stand, we dont score enough, we are conceding on average 2 or 3 a game.....and we have a manager who has about as much charisma as a leaf.

We are NOT improving.....and we WONT improve with this man in charge. If he cares for this club like he says he does, he will stand down asap. It was him who said, only in March, that he wasnt ready for this job.......and wow, is he proving it.

Go get Pardew or O'Driscoll, someone who has experience and enough knowledge to at least give us half a chance this season.

We need sorting out and quickly. Millen is not the man to do this.

We need a leader, a man who knows how to manage at this level... We've got no leadership on or off the pitch and we're a rudderless ship heading straight for League 1.

Bring in someone from outside the club - Alan Pardew, Phil Brown (even though I don't like the bloke)... someone who's managed at this level and someone who'd want to take on this challenge. It needs to happen now or we'll become cut adrift. Relegation would spell disaster for this club - Steve L will know this. I seriously fear for us - I'm not someone who enjoys bringing managers down, but I honestly believe that there's only one direction Millen is taking us - and that is League 1.

You really think he'd come here? According to most of the people on this thread we are going to be in L1 by November.. so why would he join us?

By the sounds of it we put in a superb performance tonight and were very unlucky. Anyone remember that game at home to Bradford, the end of the 9 game losing spree?

How you can call it unlucky is beyond me. We lost 3-1 to a side who were in the relegation zone, stats show (apart from 50/50 possession) they had more attempts (and goals!!) than us.

No improvement, more steps backwards. Act soon Steve and replace Keith, thank you but your time is up. This is a tough tough cut throat league, WE DO NOT HAVE TIME to bed in Keith. It will be too late soon.

It's Tinnion all over again. He should never have been given the job, although I fully accept the reasons why he was. It's the three year contract I can't get my head around. As someone pointed out only a few months back he said he wasn't ready for the job. He was right.

I'd be more pessimistic if it weren't for the undoubted strength and ability of our squad. We wont go down, but it'll be close. We will stay up in spite of Millen, not because of him.

11 out of ten for tonights performance but when are we going to put that run of games together?

At this rate we will get relegated and I do not need to remind anyone on this forum how long and difficult it was to get to where we are today.

As for Keith I'm not convinced and let's face it...... he has been there all along......... I can only see us going down on the form we have shown so far

Even this early if he/the team can't get it together..... they are only making it harder to survive.......... but I hope at worst we end up mid table come the end.

UP THE CITY!

No he can't turn it round. We need an impact manager from outside now or we'll go down, plain and simple. I thought it would be curtains for Millen after the Norwich game and I'll stick with that. You have to be canny to manage at this level and unfortunately he isn't, yet. You take a hell of a risk employing a first time manager at championship level.

Unfortunately, he is not the man to turn us around.

We actually have enough good players at the club, especially going forward, to expect us to be comfortable in this league. Adomah is going to be a superstar (cheers pete johnson!)

However, the problem is that millen is tactically nervous. He panics when we need to get back into games, and throwing 4/5 men up front is not the answer. Taking elliot off for pitman was a terrible decision, ruined the shape, nullified rose and meant jmc (awful again) played wide left. Playing 4-2-4 is schoolboy stuff, and experienced professionals like utaka, brown and lawrence murder us.

Very worrying...

11 out of ten for tonights performance but when are we going to put that run of games together?

At this rate we will get relegated and I do not need to remind anyone on this forum how long and difficult it was to get to where we are today.

As for Keith I'm not convinced and let's face it...... he has been there all along......... I can only see us going down on the form we have shown so far

Even this early if he/the team can't get it together..... they are only making it harder to survive.......... but I hope at worst we end up mid table come the end.

UP THE CITY!

Sorry for the double post.... weird forum stuff....... but any way andas always...... UP THE CITY!

Archived