IGNORED

Can Millen Handle The Pressure?

Us_and_Them

I mentioned this on another thread but thought i would start a fresh one to get peoples opinion....

After listening to player, Millen said that saturday is a "must win" game, and if the players can't handle that pressure they won't be playing...

Has he done the right thing by stating that publicly?

I guess it's not beyond reason SL has had a quiet word?

I mentioned this on another thread but thought i would start a fresh one to get peoples opinion....

After listening to player, Millen said that saturday is a "must win" game, and if the players can't handle that pressure they won't be playing...

Has he done the right thing by stating that publicly?

I guess it's not beyond reason SL has had a quiet word?

Who knows, but with Cardiff and QPR following it, I think it has become must win!

Guest Arthur Lee

Who knows, but with Cardiff and QPR following it, I think it has become must win!

Saturday is our biggest game since Wembley.

If we get nothing (or just a point) against Norwich - we will be bottom and several points adrift by the end of October. We won't get anything from QPR or Cardiff and Reading are now in the top 6 having won 4 out of 5. Then it's Middlesbrough away. Then Preston home who have just scored 6 away at Leeds, and have scored more away goals this season than any team in English football!

Saturday could be Keith's last chance because i can't see Lansdown putting up with City being rooted to the bottom for very long before he acts.

Guest Arthur Lee

If we get nothing (or just a point) against Norwich - we will be bottom and several points adrift by the end of October. We won't get anything from QPR or Cardiff and Reading are now in the top 6 having won 4 out of 5. Then it's Middlesbrough away. Then Preston home who have just scored 6 away at Leeds, and have scored more away goals this season than any team in English football!

Saturday could be Keith's last chance because i can't see Lansdown putting up with City being rooted to the bottom for very long before he acts.

Sorry, thats not true about Preston's scoring record. I read their results page wrong.

Although on paper you'd imagine we'd get nothing from the Cardiff and QPR games, it doesn't quite work like that in football. I don't think we'll get anything at Cardiff tbf but it wouldn't surprise me if we beat QPR, we have a decent record against Warnock in the league and we're usually at our best in front of the SKY cameras down the Gate. But I agree with your sentiment, failure to win on Saturday piles on the pressure and what follows is two extremely tough games.

You really do not get a "must-win" game in the league in October. A must-win game can happen in April or May when you need 3 points to either avoid relegation or achieve promotion/play off position.

This sort of talk takes me back to before the play-off final in 2004 V Brighton when the Chairman (Laycock/Lansdown? can't remember) stated that failure was "not an option", unfortunately it was - that's the funny thing about football!

Of course if KM chooses to, he can tell his players that every game is "must-win" as a sort of motivational tool. But the problem is when you state publicly that you must win the next game there must be some consequence if you don't win it. Will the world end? Will we not bother trying for he rest of the season? Or will that make the next 2 games "next win"?

Or maybe he is teasing us into thinking that the Chairman has declared it a "must win" game for KM?

We desparateley do need a win or two soon, but its quite feasible that we could draw againt Norwich and still have a good season!

Archived