IGNORED

Millen Poll

Avalonred

MIllen Poll  

333 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

it looks like they put a performance in last night against a very good portsmouth team and even if we we're at the top of the table it may have turned out this way,

I'm waiting to see what kind of performance we put in against norwich before i make my mind up,

If its a Watford/Coventry perofrmance then he's got to go,

If its a burnly/portsmouth peformance where the team show heart then we might be turning a corner,

Its hard to say but replacing Millen isn't going to solve the issue its only going to make it worse,

He's got till janurary to sort it out regardless of what we do as there is not point replacing a manager when you can't do anything with the squad,

God this is all frustrating :ranting:

Not helpful, not interesting this type of poll does no good at all.

I would disagree.............this is a forum and therefore just the place for this type of discussion / poll etc etc

Personally I think we are slowly heading in right direction and last nights game was probably the best we have contested (especialy away from home) for a long long time...........we actually took the game to a good Pompey side who IMO will be in top 3 come end of season (and wasn't it great to see us attacking).........we just need to ....dare i say it.......Believe!

It will come round.......just takes time..........but we do need that midfield general..........if only the Sweaty had stayed......

It's fair weather supporters like you doing crap polls like this splitting our supporters when we should all be pulling as one and getting behind millen and the boys! As real Bristol city supporters follow city through the good times and bad times. We don't care what other people think or care or we know is we are Bristol city and we will bounce back with the right support!

I know this us a forum and everyone is allowed to have their own thoughts but as this time we need to pull as one and show them we are behind them 100% not 30% here 20% there and 50% there. That's what I think so until anything changes I don't care about polls etc I'm 100% behind millen and the boys!

I would disagree.............this is a forum and therefore just the place for this type of discussion / poll etc etc

Personally I think we are slowly heading in right direction and last nights game was probably the best we have contested (especialy away from home) for a long long time...........we actually took the game to a good Pompey side who IMO will be in top 3 come end of season (and wasn't it great to see us attacking).........we just need to ....dare i say it.......Believe!

It will come round.......just takes time..........but we do need that midfield general..........if only the Sweaty had stayed......

I agree that he needs time. However I cannot buy into things are better than last season bull dust, to quote 2 pundits favourites sound bytes the table dosen't lie and believe me we ain't too good to down.

We need results and consistency and fast and boy do we need to sort out our woeful home form.

We have a really good squad, once the deadwood (Sproule, Clarkson) and one of Marvin, Cisse or Skuse and one or two others are shipped out (the size of our squad is ridiculous) the better we will be.

I'm quite pleased by the current state of that poll, I think it shows the majority of City fans are capable of patience even if they're not as vocal about it.

We were always going to have a tough start to the season once Coppell quit, even before that given the squad imbalance and injuries it was likely, so it seems silly to let it worry us over much now especially if performances seem to be improving.

Guest Old East End Skinhead

Cheerio Millen and have a good life elsewhere.

I got nothing against you personally, but I care too much for my team to allow you to keep dragging it down.

How many strikers do we need? Are we going for the 'Biggest Championship squad' award?

Until I saw that post I was going to defend Millen, as he took on a tough job and inherited a large, but unbalanced squad. On the evidence of last night, wing-backs and midfield might be a slightly higher priority than yet another striker.

The questions are weighted .

Would rather see are you happy with Millen's appointment

Yes

No

Not sure

I'd agree, but we have a fair indication of that from previous polls/threads when he was caretaker.

Some will have seen the circumstances as very different after SC scarpered, others will have had fundamental reasons for not seeing KM as the right managerial appointment that remained unaltered.

The situation now is that he is the manager and has now been given considerable funds to form his own team, so SL doesn't apparently see KM as an appointment that is likely to be short lived.

Whatever percentage of fans might have extreme doubts and concerns about KM's ability to manage BCFC successfully at Championship level it appears the die is now cast for the club to sink, swim, or simply tread water under his leadership this season.

Of course he's improved the squad, and from what he's done in the short time I reckon he's got a good eye when it comes to transfers. More impressed with his "I'll do it my way" by not playing Coppells signings recently.

I think he did try and play Stewart, Hunt and Cisse however they were pretty poor. Adomah is showing some quality and deserves his place and even David James has made more of an impression of late.

However Steve Coppell (knob) left this club in a right state Mr. Millen is tasked with turning it around. Stead is showing quality and Rose and Caulkin are good signings and I suspect they will really start to show that soon. We do need more guile when going forward and that will need to be addressed and the return of Maynard will be a massive boost when it comes...I expect to see one more loan signing to operate in the 'Hartley' role and act as a LEADER on the field soon and then we'll be in a better position to judge...

And vote in polls like this

How many strikers do we need? Are we going for the 'Biggest Championship squad' award?

Until I saw that post I was going to defend Millen, as he took on a tough job and inherited a large, but unbalanced squad. On the evidence of last night, wing-backs and midfield might be a slightly higher priority than yet another striker.

So you won't defend Millen based on a football transfer rumour from a web site ? Talk about fickle....

So you won't defend Millen based on a football transfer rumour from a web site ? Talk about fickle....

It wasn't quite meant that way! I actually think that Millen got a poisoned chalice, inflated fan expectations with a modest and unbalanced squad. If we survive this season, he should be able to clear out a few surplus players, and finally get the squad that he wants, and we might finally get that wage bill down. I have watched City home and away for 30 years, even during our decline and 4th Division years, so I'm not really fickle.

However, I would add that, if the rumour is true, it would be worrying!

I think the biggest problem millen faces is from a section of vocal fans who are simply impatenent, stupid and have probably only started going to games since our return to this level and probably only attend 10 games a season and base their views on ratings in the papers and radio bristols phone in.

It wasn't quite meant that way! I actually think that Millen got a poisoned chalice, inflated fan expectations with a modest and unbalanced squad. If we survive this season, he should be able to clear out a few surplus players, and finally get the squad that he wants, and we might finally get that wage bill down. I have watched City home and away for 30 years, even during our decline and 4th Division years, so I'm not really fickle.

However, I would add that, if the rumour is true, it would be worrying!

I don't think it's true - just the usual gossip.... I am in the same boat as you, been watching them for 30 years (parents did not trust me with pocket money so agreed to buy me match tickets, bus fare (but only one way) and a bag of chips to eat when walking back home).

:clapping:

It's fair weather supporters like you doing crap polls like this splitting our supporters when we should all be pulling as one and getting behind millen and the boys! As real Bristol city supporters follow city through the good times and bad times. We don't care what other people think or care or we know is we are Bristol city and we will bounce back with the right support!

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Archived