IGNORED

Highlights

BristolBEAT

I agree that the last foul on Rose means that their third goal should not have started.

However, I must say that I looked out for "the obvious penalty" and I'm not sure I saw it!!

Nevertheless, the highlights show a good effort by a number of players. It looked like a performance that deserved more.

I'm still worried by our defenders though. Ribiero looks like a boy amongst men. The number of poorly timed challenges is concerning. McAllister is still playing which is a worry (actually the worry is that we don't have anyone else to play at left back - perhaps we could convert one of our 7 strikers?)

I like the skills Rose has brought to the team and think he is a great signing BUT.

I've also noticed both against Coventry and again last night he has a tendency to go down very very easily - probably taught to do it like all Premership players do. I was in the fourth row near the corner flag last night and in the second half clearly saw him twice go down to win free kicks. One he got one he didn't.

We were unlucky last night, but if you go down easily once most referees will think very carefully about giving free kicks - even when players are genuinely are fouled.

I agree that the last foul on Rose means that their third goal should not have started.

However, I must say that I looked out for "the obvious penalty" and I'm not sure I saw it!!

Nevertheless, the highlights show a good effort by a number of players. It looked like a performance that deserved more.

I'm still worried by our defenders though. Ribiero looks like a boy amongst men. The number of poorly timed challenges is concerning. McAllister is still playing which is a worry (actually the worry is that we don't have anyone else to play at left back - perhaps we could convert one of our 7 strikers?)

Totally agree with nearly all of that, in two of his three games so far Ribeiro has been well below the standard required and I know what the reaction would be on here if Hunt had delivered those performances.

McAllister doesn't have to play though, we have Tom Williams, Nyatanga or could even move Fontaine across. The fact that KM continues to pick him clearly shows he feels he is our best LB.

Totally agree with nearly all of that, in two of his three games so far Ribeiro has been well below the standard required and I know what the reaction would be on here if Hunt had delivered those performances.

McAllister doesn't have to play though, we have Tom Williams, Nyatanga or could even move Fontaine across. The fact that KM continues to pick him clearly shows he feels he is our best LB.

Will I embarrass myself if I say "Who the hell is Tom Williams"?

I thought Nyatanga was still injured and anyway, both Nyatanga and Fontaine have shown themselves to be centre backs when playing at left back. blink.gif

I honestly must have been at different games to you....Ribero was indeed average last night but he was good in the two previous games. I cant see him losing his place to Hunt just yet. Isnt that what is so interesting about football opinion though we all see things differently. Some want a fullback who can put in crunching takles for 90 minutes but have no distribution skils and some an attacking wingback with a bit of flair. With respect you are correct ...Riberos defending is the weak part of his current game,

Agreed, in slow mo it looks a pen as the guy comes through Rose for the ball and we've seen them given but there you go . The tackle leading up to the 3rd goal was as blatant a foul as you will see.

Looks like we gave a really good account of ourselves against a still very strong Pompey and they were obviously delighted at the final whistle.

Ribs will be ok, still finding his feet.

Ribiero has not been defensively sound by any means, but he's been a hell of an improvement on Hunt! Apart from the fact he offers significantly more going forward, he is still a better defender, and reads the game better, even if he is far from perfect! He has youth on his side though and will only get better, Hunt does not have that excuse...

how anyone can pick our ribs as being poor is beyond me! hes been 1 of our best players since returning!

Of course he has.

That's why the Coventry guy, Baker (who started last season at Stockport!) should have won a penalty and repeatedly did him for either pace and strength and Utaka just repeated it.

I really want Ribeiro to succeed but the rose tinted glasses for some as opposed to others is nonsense.

Of course he has.

That's why the Coventry guy, Baker (who started last season at Stockport!) should have won a penalty and repeatedly did him for either pace and strength and Utaka just repeated it.

I really want Ribeiro to succeed but the rose tinted glasses for some as opposed to others is nonsense.

Pace certainly isn't Ribs strong point as he was skinned every time on Tuesday, and is it just me, or is he carrying a little more weight than he should be?

Archived