IGNORED

Hunt

jfkerton

I am thinking that this prolonged rest for NH may actually be a good idea. Many of you will say that he is awful, slow and what ever explatives you may choose. I however believe that this rest period will be good, as he can get fit again without being rushed in. He looked like a quality full-back in the blackpool friendly, and i genuinely believe that when he is fully fit - whch i don't believe he is atm - he will come back and challenge Ribiero for a place in the starting XI.

We all either saw or heard how CR's inexperience cost us a goal at fratton, and i believe that in a few years he will be our No.1 RB now however is not his time, he is still developing as a player. I think Keith is using the resources availible to him, and that Hunt may be having more trouble with the injury than is being let on.

To be honest I dont think Hunt was ever fully fit, and I beieve Ribero to be carrying a niggle also. Its a bit harsh to say Ribs gifted a goal to Pompey, He struggled at times to cope with the pace of his opponents but show me a defender who doesnt get creamed at least three or four times in every game at this level.

Hunt I think will get his chance again before too long, and Ribs is an intelligent bloke Im sure he knows he has to improve and perform consistantly at the level we know he is capable of. However the two are completely different players. We all saw how good Ribs was playing behind ORR last season. However we cant keep saying he is just a young lad he will improve....by modern standards 20 is almost a 1/3 of the way through a Professional footballers career!

Its good to have two players fighting for that RB slot and to know as a Manager that either could cover for the other.

The RB position isnt our main worry at the moment its a lack of Goals and a leaky defence in general.

I am thinking that this prolonged rest for NH may actually be a good idea. Many of you will say that he is awful, slow and what ever explatives you may choose. I however believe that this rest period will be good, as he can get fit again without being rushed in. He looked like a quality full-back in the blackpool friendly, and i genuinely believe that when he is fully fit - whch i don't believe he is atm - he will come back and challenge Ribiero for a place in the starting XI.

We all either saw or heard how CR's inexperience cost us a goal at fratton, and i believe that in a few years he will be our No.1 RB now however is not his time, he is still developing as a player. I think Keith is using the resources availible to him, and that Hunt may be having more trouble with the injury than is being let on.

I assume you're referring to him conceding the corner which led to the second goal? If so this is very harsh. For a start James should've given him a shout to let him know he had time, and a more experienced defender would've possibly looked but he had no idea what was behind him. Im not sure the likes of Fontaine or McAllister would've done anything else in that situation. Besides, it was our lack of defending where set-pieces are concerned that ultimately cost us. We can't continue to live in fear of corners!

Archived