IGNORED

New Manager Now

Soton Reds

Having now read most of the post-match threads, I may have missed it, but has nobody mentioned we played a very well organised side today ? Defensively they were quite brilliant (our defence should be forced to watch videos of the game again and again next week for a masterclass in how to do it) and they were superb on the break. Their No 10 took both his goals brilliantly.

I still think it is far to early to dump Millen, but I must say that looking at this is deeply depressing.

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/LeagueTable/0,,10327,00.html

It seems we've got a load of players who seem capable, but their confidence is shot, so with this in mind (and slightly tongue in cheek) could we look to bring in......Kevin Keegan until the end of the season to help out with our attacking play? We may still concede goals, but at least we'll score a few also !!!

Millen does, unfortunately, have to be replaced. The job of picking a replacement is a tough one, but the target for the new boss would be simple - keep the club in the championship at all costs. So simply put we need experience on the pitch and indeed off of it. It is a shame that things do not appear to be working under Millen, because he is a good, honest, hard-working man who doesn't talk crap - but this is a tough league and the challenge that faces him now appears too much for him to handle.

Don't wish to be rude, but whoever said James- are you serious?

Part of the problem nopw arguably is Millen's lack of experience- especially in tough times. How the hell would removing Millen and putting someone who has NEVER managed a game of football in his life help matters exactly? Yes there may be a bounce in results that a new manager can bring with a bit of luck, but no can't see that being a success myself.

I'd have Sousa in. Plays good football and did well at Swansea.

He was awful, the Swansea fans hated him - boring negative 1-0 type football (like Wilson's last season)

He was awful, the Swansea fans hated him - boring negative 1-0 type football (like Wilson's last season)

At least they were defensively sound under him if memory serves? And defensive stability is what we need right now, you can't do anything with a shambolic defence- except go down, that is! Besides if you look at stats, they actually had a lot of chances in many of their games but could not put them in. I watched Swansea v Cardiff about a year back on Sky, Swansea were excellent in that one 3-2 I think it finished.

Having said that his reign at Leicester is his more recent job and that has gone disastrously.

He didn't exactly have long at Leicester. Yes he was negative at Swansea but I wouldn't mind us being negative and winning 1-0 alot.

Trouble is, during his last few games at Swansea, he couldn't even win 1-nil !

Please, no Sousa, it'll be like watching Osman all over again!

Guest Parson St Station

Gary Megson - dull as dishwater but I'd take a few 1-0 wins right now.

And he has a backbone so the dressing room issues may actually get sorted out once and for all.

By KM, thanks and take the master agitator Carey with you.

Archived