IGNORED

Back To Basics

Nibor

In our starting XI today we had three wingers.

- JCR, a quick, tricky player, who is not defensive minded or renowned for ball-winning, played right wing back.

- Danny Rose, a quick left footed winger the like of which we haven't had for two seasons played in some sort of advanced central midfield vacuum.

- Albert Adomah, our best right winger who frightens the shit out of full backs by running at them with pace, played up front.

We also had Brett Pitman, an £800k goalscorer warming the bench and McAllister, a mediocre left full back who is struggling to defend, gets a nosebleed over the half way line and couldn't beat an egg on a good day was asked to play wing back.

Is it just me or is that COMPLETELY ******* RIDICULOUS?

Please can we stop fannying about with idiotic wing backs crap? None of the players seem to have a scooby do where they ought to be or what their roles are. Our wide play came to nothing because the black hole that seemed to have sucked in our central midfielders didn't provide any support and our "wing backs" such as they were had no overlappers to help.

I'm not a tactical genius, but I will point out that playing a system that the players quite clearly cannot turn into results, leak goals with and do not understand is not going to work. I am fairly sure playing three players out of position is not going to help confidence or organisation nor is expecting too much of players already struggling to deliver the basics.

How about we simply play 442, pick the best back four, stick with them for half a dozen games, and play the other players in their correct positions? When we've got something solid to build on (like ONE HOME WIN) we can start getting a little bit more crafty with tactics, but until then it's like trying to build on quicksand.

And before someone starts, Lee Johnson had an average/ok game when he came on and isn't going to change anything, If we can loan an experienced midfield general in, no matter the cost we must do it.

It may still be early in the season but our present predicament is now graduating from concern to worry in my book, we had better get it right fast.

In our starting XI today we had three wingers.

- JCR, a quick, tricky player, who is not defensive minded or renowned for ball-winning, played right wing back.

- Danny Rose, a quick left footed winger the like of which we haven't had for two seasons played in some sort of advanced central midfield vacuum.

- Albert Adomah, our best right winger who frightens the shit out of full backs by running at them with pace, played up front.

We also had Brett Pitman, an £800k goalscorer warming the bench and McAllister, a mediocre left full back who is struggling to defend, gets a nosebleed over the half way line and couldn't beat an egg on a good day was asked to play wing back.

Is it just me or is that COMPLETELY ******* RIDICULOUS?

Please can we stop fannying about with idiotic wing backs crap? None of the players seem to have a scooby do where they ought to be or what their roles are. Our wide play came to nothing because the black hole that seemed to have sucked in our central midfielders didn't provide any support and our "wing backs" such as they were had no overlappers to help.

I'm not a tactical genius, but I will point out that playing a system that the players quite clearly cannot turn into results, leak goals with and do not understand is not going to work. I am fairly sure playing three players out of position is not going to help confidence or organisation nor is expecting too much of players already struggling to deliver the basics.

How about we simply play 442, pick the best back four, stick with them for half a dozen games, and play the other players in their correct positions? When we've got something solid to build on (like ONE HOME WIN) we can start getting a little bit more crafty with tactics, but until then it's like trying to build on quicksand.

And before someone starts, Lee Johnson had an average/ok game when he came on and isn't going to change anything, If we can loan an experienced midfield general in, no matter the cost we must do it.

It may still be early in the season but our present predicament is now graduating from concern to worry in my book, we had better get it right fast.

quarter of the season gone ,very very concerning.

Archived