IGNORED

I Want Keith To Have A Chance!

Davros

1) We are on religation form, but we were in that position in pre-season tbh its not millen that put us there it coppel.

2) I personally was thinking we would be looking at mid october to november before we seen any of the damage that coppel did undone.

3) Lets give milly till christmas I have a feeling he will turn it in the right direction by then.

This is all.

1) We are on religation form, but we were in that position in pre-season tbh its not millen that put us there it coppel.

2) I personally was thinking we would be looking at mid october to november before we seen any of the damage that coppel did undone.

3) Lets give milly till christmas I have a feeling he will turn it in the right direction by then.

This is all.

Til Christmas? He has been given a 3 year contract. How much more of a chance do you want him to have?!

This is all.

I get it! Relegated by Xmas eases the pain, didn't think of that one fair doos mate

This is all.

Christmas? we could be 20 points adrift at this rate, sack him now, he is well out of his depth,

Think we all want him to have a chance, but how many chances, Cardiff and QPR coming up..oops, should've bagged some

points in the "easy games" to cover these ones..? but who knows, football is a funny game.

How can you leak so much at home and much less away - surely that has to be down to the manager?

Agreed, I want to see Keith given a chance. He did so well in his caretaker reign and inherited the Coppell mess so he deserves his chance until end of November to see if he can kick-start the season. But leaving it until Jan if he can't get things going is too late. Eddie Howe and assistant will be snapped up soon and if KM can't turn it around by end of November then he'd be ideal. He's turned down Peterborough and Southampton but attended an interview for the latter so I think if he likes the chairman and set-up then he'd accept an offer.

He's picked up coppels mess its not his fault he is where he is and as for the boo boys in the east end you cant call yourself suppoters your just punters!

Infact I'd go as far as saying had Sir Alex picked up coppels mess he would be in the mess were in.

I'm with you on Millen supporting, but today feels like 1 step forward in two good away performances, and then 2 steps back in more naive defending and another home game with nothing to show from it. As time goes on this could become more difficult to defend, and I worry for us at Cardiff in a fortnight's time.

Next 3 games:

City

Cardiff (a) 2nd - LLWDW

Reading (h) 7th - DLWWD

QPR (h) 1st - WWWDW

Palace

Milwall (h) 12th - DLLDD

Norwich (a) 3rd - LLWDW

Preston (a) 20th - LLWWD

Leicester

Hull (h) 16th - WDWLD

Leeds (a) 10th - LDWLL

Swansea (a) 8th - WWLWD

Portsmouth

Watford (h) 4th - WWWLW

Milwall (a) 12th - DLLDD

Hull (a) 16th - WDWLD

Preston

Derby (a) 14th - LDWWD

S****horpe (h) 17th - WLDDL

Crystal Palace (h) 23rd - WDLDL

Our run-in there looks the most difficult by some way going by position, and Preston certainly have a comparatively straight-forward task. We could be further adrift after these 3 games, but if we were to pick up points it would be massively encouraging. I think these games will decide a fair bit.

You think you are being loyal supporters,but your readiness to easily accept second best is why this club will never reach the dizzy heights of the Premier League,get real and if you as fans are not ruthless,then neither is the chairman or the club, and before I am totally flagged off by the happy clappers,I would point out that I have supported CCTV for 56years.

You think you are being loyal supporters,but your readiness to easily accept second best is why this club will never reach the dizzy heights of the Premier League,get real and if you as fans are not ruthless,then neither is the chairman or the club, and before I am totally flagged off by the happy clappers,I would point out that I have supported CCTV for 56years.

I have to say I find it impossible to loyally clap the players off the field after another dire performance. I can't help feeling they are taking the piss if they clap the fans; just going through the motions, as they do on the field when things get tough. Certainly nobody is going to give me any kudos if I continually bugger up my job so I'm not sure why they should expect to be applauded.

Nevertheless I can admire the loyalty of people who do even if I feel it's blind loyalty and does the club no favours in the long run. Do we want to loyally applaud a half-hearted, disorganised team to relegation? Should we have loyally backed Tinnion when it was obvious he was floundering? Or applauded Pulis when we knew he was out to screw us? Or the bunch of wasters under Wilson who were literally taking the piss? There is a difference I think between loyalty to the club and loyalty to any individual or group who happen to work for it at any given time. We love the club. To them these days it is just a job and if and when we go down they will want to leave (though some will get a shock when they find others don't rate them as highly as they rate themselves). At what point therefore do the blindly loyal decide it is counter productive and not necessarily a sign of personal virtue?

However much more depressing is the fact that the great majority just shrug their shoulders and walk away, neither blindly loyal nor angry but simply resigned and apparently indifferent. Not something you would find at clubs in more football mad parts of the country and yes I agree a key reason why we are such a backwater.

I have to say I find it impossible to loyally clap the players off the field after another dire performance. I can't help feeling they are taking the piss if they clap the fans; just going through the motions, as they do on the field when things get tough. Certainly nobody is going to give me any kudos if I continually bugger up my job so I'm not sure why they should expect to be applauded.

Nevertheless I can admire the loyalty of people who do even if I feel it's blind loyalty and does the club no favours in the long run. Do we want to loyally applaud a half-hearted, disorganised team to relegation? Should we have loyally backed Tinnion when it was obvious he was floundering? Or applauded Pulis when we knew he was out to screw us? Or the bunch of wasters under Wilson who were literally taking the piss? There is a difference I think between loyalty to the club and loyalty to any individual or group who happen to work for it at any given time. We love the club. To them these days it is just a job and if and when we go down they will want to leave (though some will get a shock when they find others don't rate them as highly as they rate themselves). At what point therefore do the blindly loyal decide it is counter productive and not necessarily a sign of personal virtue?

However much more depressing is the fact that the great majority just shrug their shoulders and walk away, neither blindly loyal nor angry but simply resigned and apparently indifferent. Not something you would find at clubs in more football mad parts of the country and yes I agree a key reason why we are such a backwater.

Sadly that's absolutely spot on. And maybe it's at the heart of why - for some reason best known to him - Steve has failed to put much effort into winning over the locals to the stadium plan or giving supporters much of a role in that. Until the past couple of months. We don't have - or we don't mobilise - a large, active, fan base...

My reaction has certainly been to walk away. I was an absent ST holder in the Tinnion era and I'll be largely absent now. I can't justify to my family the time and money spent travelling to watch uninspiring rubbish football. I've travelled to watch plenty of lower league rubbish in my time when times were hard and the club needed all the support it could get...eighties trips to York, Carlisle, Torquay, Corinthian Casuals come to mind...but I don't want to sit at the Gate losing patience with people who don't seem to care and aren't up to the job. They've taken my money for this season...I feel the STs were sold on a false prospectus...and not for the first time.

• Admin

Does having CCTV somehow help the team? 1975 was when it was first used at football, videoing supporters, though, not the teams.

It's not the supporters job to be ruthless mate - not in any club anywhere in the world. What exactly can we do that is ruthless? We can voice our disapproval, have a moan and even stay away but that changes nothing in the end. The reason I'm one of those supporters who claps our team off the pitch after every game is simple. Hope. We have to have hope that we can get out of this mess, and even better, have hope that we can get out of it together. I'm not a blindly loyal "happy clapper", but I'm not an idiot with a short memory either. We've been here before very recently under GJ & we'll get out of it because we've got better players than we had then. To get back to the initial post, I too want Milly to have until at least December - so far I can't see that he's done anything wrong in terms of decisions, transfers or tactics. Any other manager would've done roughly the same. I still belive Milly will come good.

This is all.

1, Keith Millen, has been part of this problem for the last two years. If you really believe an assistant sits back and lets the number 1 do all the work, your mistaken. He is just as much to blame for how poor we are defensively, and going forward. He should have gone in the summer. As i posted on another thread, it was millen who said 6 months ago, "sometimes you need a new voice on the training ground with new ideas"

2, Coppell did a lot of damage to this club, but I really dont think he was around as much as some believe. I dont think all the signings are Coppell signings either. Coppell apparently wanted Stead, but missed out on him? yet....when Millen was put in charge, he went and signed Stead anyway. How do we know Stewart, Hunt etc, were not Millen signings either

3, if he was new to the club, like Johnson was at the beginning, I'd agree with you. However, as I keep saying, he knows the players inside out, and he should by now, after all these years, know what their strengths and weaknesses are. He clearly doesnt. Stupid comments like "its could get worse before it gets better"////to me, smacks of someone who really is struggling. Again, another Millen quote, it was he who said he didnt feel ready to take this job on......so what changed in the 5 months Coppell was around, for him to decide he was now ready.

The writing is on the wall, and anyone with half a footballing brain can see it. We are not getting any better, its not like we are losing 2-1 or 1-0 each week, and we are improving slightly. We are getting smashed every home game, 0-3, 3-3, 0-2, 1-2 and 0-3......against mediocre opposition to. He has coached these players for the last few years, and players like Fontaine.....who were once highly touted as Prem players, look like League One players at best.

Its time to bring in a new manager, with new coaching staff......it really is that bad at the minute, it still may not be enough to keep us up. It takes time to bring a new era into a club, as Johnson found....however its something we have to do. The options are simple....

1, Keep Millen and his band of Merry men, keep going as we are, and be relegated (which I can assure you we will)

2, sack Millen, bring in a new, EXPERIENCED gaffer, who will eventually bring in his own back room staff, and at least have a pop at staying in this league!!

This is all.

you are having a laugh. his time is up. as said before, he servived tinnion. then johnson.and coppout.hes not manager material.ok at assistant.hes lost the plot and time to go. NOW. before its to late

1, Keith Millen, has been part of this problem for the last two years.

Some good points Andy, I feel a bit narked in some ways finding myself having to desperately want Millen

to be given more chances when really it should have been sorted properly when Coppell left.

Because it wasn't we've been left in a very difficult situation but given the KM's performance at the end of

last season I can see why, bit of a pity that some of his luck seems to be in Aberdeen right now.

This is all.

If 'Diff & QP Ha Ha mullah us, hes gotta go...

This is all.

I think you're a very nice man and I'd love to work for you. Problem is I think your business is about to go under.

Guest Parson St Station

)

sack Millen, bring in a new, EXPERIENCED gaffer, who will eventually bring in his own back room staff, and at least have a pop at staying in this league!!

And do it now.we have to double our tally of wins just to get clear of the relegation spots.After the next 5 games I suspect we will have to quadruple it.

SL grow a pair.

Now.

Archived