IGNORED

Wigley - Uninspired Choice As No.2 ?

headhunter

Millen for most of the game stands impassively on the top left hand side of the technical area, left or right hand on chin and left leg slightly out at an angle which tends to show the cut of his suit or the fact that he has a trouser press!!!

This has been his poise for weeks which I'm sorry makes Danny Wilson appear like a jack-in-the-box in comparison and he was no extrovert!

But what Wilson did have along side him was Frank Barlow [and for Coppell it should have been Wally Downes had he been allowed to join] who at least bought some animation to the touchline with his cajoling of players and constant berating of the 4th official.

Now what about Mr. Steve Wigley - just what has he done to help Millen out of this mess. I think both SW & km are coaches with a defensive bias so god only knows why between them they cant assemble a defence that at home is like a sieve. I watched him [sW] yesterday and it wasn't until we were 3-0 down that he stopped leaning against the frame of the dugout to join Millen and at least talk to him in the technical area.

Tinnion failed because he was lumbered with a weak No.2 [who was that?] and I think Millen made a wrong call or was it another budget appointment?

After watching yesterday [i was at Portsmouth too and thought we had turned the corner] I'm afraid to say the stench of relegation, even at this early stage, is overwhleming.

Millen for most of the game stands impassively on the top left hand side of the technical area, left or right hand on chin and left leg slightly out at an angle which tends to show the cut of his suit or the fact that he has a trouser press!!!

This has been his poise for weeks which I'm sorry makes Danny Wilson appear like a jack-in-the-box in comparison and he was no extrovert!

But what Wilson did have along side him was Frank Barlow [and for Coppell it should have been Wally Downes had he been allowed to join] who at least bought some animation to the touchline with his cajoling of players and constant berating of the 4th official.

Now what about Mr. Steve Wigley - just what has he done to help Millen out of this mess. I think both SW & km are coaches with a defensive bias so god only knows why between them they cant assemble a defence that at home is like a sieve. I watched him [sW] yesterday and it wasn't until we were 3-0 down that he stopped leaning against the frame of the dugout to join Millen and at least talk to him in the technical area.

Tinnion failed because he was lumbered with a weak No.2 [who was that?] and I think Millen made a wrong call or was it another budget appointment?

After watching yesterday [i was at Portsmouth too and thought we had turned the corner] I'm afraid to say the stench of relegation, even at this early stage, is overwhleming.

grey people gravitate towards grey people as clueless types dont want people with ideas

Do we have a No.2 then? I can't say that I've ever seen him in the dugout barking instructions. Even worse than Millen - who stands, statuesque, in the coaching area with his chin in his hand for the entire game. I'm sure the players get a lot of confidence and encouragement from that...

:tumbleweed:

there was a point yesterday where millen actually asked kunle what he would do. have we got the next nigel adkins?

blimey, that is a worry. A public show of weakness one might suggest is not a good way to manage.

I agree with the original poster .... We know about KM's character but it is pretty apparent we have two men in charge who lack the charisma and motivational skills and sheer dogged determination and confidence necessary for a high pressure job.

You don't need all of those attributes but you probably need 3 out of 4. It's no good being qualified to the hilt if you cannot inspire. Can KM do that at the best of times? That is open to question but now, when we are rock bottom?

I'm sure Wigley had a hand in bringing in Rose and Caulker as U-21 boss. What better place to show you are good enough for England U-21 than in front of the assistant boss week in, week out. Maybe Albert could be in line for a call-up (I know he is 22 but he still qualifies as he was born in 1987) he seems better than Rose to me.

Archived