IGNORED

October - Tough Month...

SimplyRed

I believe I commented on this on an earlier thread, but considering our form at the moment it is really tough to see where the points are going to come in October and beyond:

Cardiff (A) - no chance

Reading (H) - possible point, lucky three?

QPR (H) - lucky if we get a point!

Boro (A) - possible point?

I think we can only realistically harvest a maximum of 5 points, a probable 3, or a doomladen 1.

The problem is, even 5 points from a possible 12 is not likely to lift us out of the relegation zone, considering we're already 3 points adrift of safety.

So the chances are, unless there is a drastic improvement in our play and results, we are likely to begin November in the bottom 3.

Into November, and Preston may be the only chance of getting 3 points in till towards the end of November, though they are prone to scoring lots of goals away form home and considering our defence...:whistle2:

They're followed by Leeds and Swansea, who will not make it easy to come away with any points, but then we get a "breather" playing teams in our neck of the woods, Leicester and Sheff U, both beatable - so maybe 7 to 9 points in November?

The tenth game is at Forest as we move into the winter of discontent. No change there methinks.

So, being optimistic, I think a MAXIMUM of 14 points from the next 10 games will leave us on Pld 20 Pts 20 - Preston is currently the only team averaging a point a game and they are just above the relegation zone.

So, who's got enough confidence in Millen to predict that we'll have more than 20 points by the end of November?

I actually think we'll get 8 points out of this lot

Hard to believe but we usually play well against better opposition, but we need to beat lesser teams to get anywhere

We'll see!

Lets hope that your right with that prediction! we & Millen cant afford to loose many more games thats for sure!

Archived