IGNORED

End Of October Still With In 3 Points Of 4th From Bottom

city_pete

It appears that there will not be a change of manager and with what appears a difficult reminder of October to come.

Would people accept Millen is given another month if we are no worse off than today's position (technically 4 points off with goal difference), as I believe it will be a long hard season and ultimately no one is relegated or promoted in the Winter.

I believe that we should continue as is, but when we become more than 7 points adrift of more than two teams we may well have to reconsider more urgently. I have supported City in worse positions than this and my major concern is always when things are bad ae the players playing for the manager, because if not than the manager is always the casualty.

I think this has been the case for a considerable time and resulted in the demise of Gary Johnson, the players than bonded for Millen (tail end of last season).

The appointment of Coppell and new signings may have undermined some of that unity and than the Coppell walkout left a divided camp again. Footballers need a leader we do not have one on the pitch and it remains to be seen whether we have one off the pitch.

My the last thoughts are that any managerial decision is a gamble (as per Coppell), When do we cut our loses and say the gamble did not pay off, results over the next month will tell?

e

We would all take 4th from the bottom today so that should be our target, our expectations have changed and Millen should be measured on this for the time being

and my major concern is always when things are bad ae the players playing for the manager, because if not than the manager is always the casualty.

I think this has been the case for a considerable time and resulted in the demise of Gary Johnson, the players than bonded for Millen (tail end of last season).

This.

To take it one step further, it is funny how we all question the manager, and not just us but all clubs but one of the key constants in the last year or so has been the players. Never the players, always the manager eh...

This.

To take it one step further, it is funny how we all question the manager, and not just us but all clubs but one of the key constants in the last year or so has been the players. Never the players, always the manager eh...

We can only question the manager. There may be the odd player not pulling his weight or making trouble that can be got rid of, but we're hardly going to dump the whole team.

Therefore the manager, quite rightly, gets it for the performances of his team on the pitch. Rightly or wrongly, that's life - and whoever said life was fair?

Besides, did we not sign a fair few new players in the summer? Wasn't this the excuse that some were rolling out earlier, stating the the team needed time to 'gel'? You can't have it both ways.

Well we do need to take a deep breath I reckon, Wigley's appointment was heralded as an excellent one, and on the face of it we have two very good coaches at the helm. The problem as I see it is that the players have not done what has been asked of them on the pitch, but we have a big squad and finding the right blend has been a problem. But we will I hope, and we do have a big squad which should help as the season progresses, and the smaller squad clubs will be struggling with injuries/suspensions.

not by me!! but happy to be proved wrong

Archived