IGNORED

Repercussions For Pitch Invasion / Celebration?

Granty

Guest Huddersfield Red

Well if we do the City lawyers will have plenty of TV evidence from games over the last few weeks to show that, whilst wrong, it has happened all over the place and as far as I know there is no news of action being taken against Leeds, Barnsley, Palace etc.

It seemed to me to be a perfectly reasonable reaction from a large no. of celebrating fans. If action is taken against us then I hope all other clubs get the same.

One point to note - if there were any anouncements about not going on the pitch etc, then because of the noise inside the stadium, you certainly couldn't hear them in the Williams Stand!

I certainly did NOT hear any anouncement in the east end as well, I guess my point as well, is that if City are to be made a scapegoat by the F.A, then it should also happen to a number of other clubs as well (Hartlepool from the 1st leg to start with !!)

Guest lydneyred

I think last year a letter was sent to clubs after celebrating fans ran on the pitch reminding them of the FA's stance on pitch encroachments and the way they expect clubs to behave, but the FA admitted that they expect this sort of thing to happen anyway.

Guest RussRed

What about Chesterfield on the last day of the season, they might have escaped relegation but we qualified for a play-off final ?

Guest Huddersfield Red
What about Chesterfield on the last day of the season, they might have escaped relegation but we qualified for a play-off final ?
Indeed, maybe we could lobby for them to be the scapegoat. Make an example of them by closing their ground for a month or two and making them play 200 miles away. We'd all sit up and take notice I'm sure.

There may have been announcements near the end but you couldn't hear a thing by then. At the start of the match i remember some messages but not one about not going onto the pitch, just that penalties ,if needed, would be infront of the Atyeo. If they wanted us to hear a message it should have been said then.

Archived