IGNORED

Sl On 5live

Nogbad the Bad

Didn't realise it was him being interviewed until late on.

The gist of the bit I heard seemed to be him confirming that it's important he gets on well with the manager on a personal level and if you appoint someone, nurture them, and stick by them then 9 times out of 10 you will get some measure of success.

Also compared KM's start to GJ's to reinforce the point.

Anyone hear the full interview to confirm/add to this?dunno.gif

No, but I heard the Craig Bellamy interview at about 8 o clock. Yes he comes across as a vile petulant taff, but it was quite an interesting listen. He spoke with great pride and passion about Cardiff City.

I appreciate it's his home town team, but if our players showed half the passion on the pitch that he spoke with tonight, we'd be top half / top six!!

Let's hope Mr Lansdown's words ring true!

Didn't realise it was him being interviewed until late on.

The gist of the bit I heard seemed to be him confirming that it's important he gets on well with the manager on a personal level and if you appoint someone, nurture them, and stick by them then 9 times out of 10 you will get some measure of success.

Also compared KM's start to GJ's to reinforce the point.

Anyone hear the full interview to confirm/add to this?dunno.gif

Sounds like the dreaded "vote of confidence"!

Sounds like the dreaded "vote of confidence"!

Just the opposite I'd have thought as they seemed to be interviewing SL in connection with the recent statement from the League Managers Association regarding Paulo Sousa and his departure from Leicester after only 9 games.

As I said I wasn't exactly all ears until I realised it was SL speaking so didn't hear everything, but if the two items were connected then SL seemed to be being highlighted as a Chairman in a similar position who would be very much sticking with his man.

Someone out there must have heard the whole thing, surely?dunno.gif

No, but I heard the Craig Bellamy interview at about 8 o clock. Yes he comes across as a vile petulant taff, but it was quite an interesting listen. He spoke with great pride and passion about Cardiff City.

I appreciate it's his home town team, but if our players showed half the passion on the pitch that he spoke with tonight, we'd be top half / top six!!

Let's hope Mr Lansdown's words ring true!

No doubt the same way he talked about when he joined his former 'boyhood heroes' Liverpool!

As ever calm, measured and articulate.

A case of don't panic Captain Manering. The acid test seems to be whether the football club remains 'credible'. I'm assuming he used the term in the business sense - so if it looks like there's a chance we're going down the manager will be on his bike.

Don't think there's much liklihood of a change for 6 or so games - he compared the current situation to GJs 9 game losing run.

So a case of 'stand by your man' for the short term at least.

Fair play to SL from not hiding when things aren't going to plan.

Commented on CopOuts departure as 'unhelpful' but couldn't blame him directly for recent poor form. Interestingly mentioned that the players CopOut brought in wouldn't necessarily be the current manager's choices.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...gue_05_10_2010/

1:20:15 in. Just about to listen.

Thanks for the link... good listen.

Very sincere yet diplomatic and side swiped that last question somewhat which you would expect him to do.

I think he will sit tight until he and, no doubt, Keith Dawe feel they have to act IF things do not improve.

Don't think there's much liklihood of a change for 6 or so games - he compared the current situation to GJs 9 game losing run

The difference with this run and the start that GJ made is that 4 years ago most fans had faith in what GJ was doing. There was the hand grenade with Stewart and other players told that he was now in charge and that they would do it his way.There was a definate game plan.

I really cant imagine any hand grenades from Millen. To take the Dads Army analogy one stage further it would be like Sarg Wilson giving Pike a bollocking .....'would you mind awfully trying just a weeny a bit harder'....

No doubt the same way he talked about when he joined his former 'boyhood heroes' Liverpool!

Actually no! Never been keen on the pint sized Taff, but every questioned asked was answered very frankly. Questions about his times with Manchester City, WHU, Newcastle, Liverpool and Blackburn. His answers were to the point, and did not "beat aboutthe proverbial bush"....

As previously mentioned, I'm not a fan of the taffy short ass, but it was an interesting listen. However, let's hope that someone, no matter who can stand up and be counted on Saturday week and keep him quiet.

I fear that's a big ask!!!!

Archived