IGNORED

The Invisible Man

Dastardly and Muttley

If you look back at my posts following Wigley's appointment, you'll see that I was very happy and felt we had the right man.

Now, I'm not so sure.

If Millen comes across as someone who lacks a bit of passion, he needs a formidable character. Someone to play the Frank Barlow to his Danny Wilson, if you will.

I would want Wigley to step up to the plate a bit more, and become more of a public force in the management team. Surely he could do some interviews, get his persona known by the fans, and become more of a presence. He's meant to be the experienced hand to support Millen during this time - at the moment, I can only remember seeing or hearing a comment from him on the day he was appointed.

Surely he could do more.

Guest Mr Mosquito

If you look back at my posts following Wigley's appointment, you'll see that I was very happy and felt we had the right man.

Now, I'm not so sure.

If Millen comes across as someone who lacks a bit of passion, he needs a formidable character. Someone to play the Frank Barlow to his Danny Wilson, if you will.

I would want Wigley to step up to the plate a bit more, and become more of a public force in the management team. Surely he could do some interviews, get his persona known by the fans, and become more of a presence. He's meant to be the experienced hand to support Millen during this time - at the moment, I can only remember seeing or hearing a comment from him on the day he was appointed.

Surely he could do more.

We did far better with Walshy as Millen's No. 2 last season. What's happened to our Walshy?

Irrelevant really what he is like on matchday - what he is paid for is his impact on the training ground. So far, that impact has been non-existant. We are just as bad in defence as we were before he arrived and are still not scoring goals.

I was not impressed by his appointment and am even less impressed now. Someone said on another thread that grey characters like Millen often recruit other grey characters to work with them as they feel comfortable that way. Unfortunately that rarely works in football. You need a good cop-bad copy team, a ranter and a thinker. Right now we have two good cops, I suspect, and no ranters.

I can't always tell from up in the Dolman but what is Wigley like on the sidelines. Does he just sit on the bench.

If Millen is just standing arms folded then we need someone to have a go at the players. As suggested in another thread, someone like Shaun Taylor.

what we need is colin to pop down and give them a lesson or two in touchline ways

Now, I'm not so sure.

From what I've seen Wigley is more like Ken Barlow! :noexp:

Saints fans say he was the worst manager they've ever had.

Archived