IGNORED

Millen's Contract

bez

why did millen get a 3 year deal and not a 1 year rolling conract like some clubs do nowdays,he would have jumped at the chance at a 1 year deal at the time if offered.

It would have been a gamble for him as he was on a 3 year contract as Assistant. So if by any remote chance things had gone tits up in the first couple of months in his new job as Manager he would have only received a year's compensation.

The other factor is that, however much a current employee with a 3 year contract wants the manager's job there would be little point in giving up the security of a 3 year contract for a 12 months rolling one, bearing in mind the fatality rate of a manager is much higher than that of the assistant.

From the clubs point of view, in the real (ideal) world you would simply hire a manager and if he didn't perform to the required level he would be fired, but this is world of football where huge amounts of compensation are paid to failed managers.

he had 3 years left on his assistant contract we can not offer him less then 3 years by employment law (uk and EU) if we did city would of been sued to buggery

I can never understand though why they get paid off for not performing in their job, I sure as hell would not. OK there are procedures but ultimately almost every job depends on performance and if you do not perform you are not doing what you were contracted to do - disciplinary - out of the door.

No mystery for me. KM has an extended contract as assistant manager, fullstop.

He finally expresses interest in the managers job as his squad help him turn us around after GJ's departure. Most of this forum and SL support the fact that he has saved us and done a good job.

I feel that Milly was on a promise to be the next manager after Coppell, a better gamble than Tinnion. That situation arrived sooner than SL would have liked, sooner than we all would have liked.

I do like the younger well qualified Milly and Wiggles and I am on record that I would like them to have until the last match in November, home against Sheffield U's.......I think, or similar. I think another 9 matches.

We have a better squad than last season and both Milly & Wiggles will give the younger players a run.

The end of November, give them another 9 matches........... thats fair surely ! They read this forum and I hope they read the support and ignore the knee jerk reactionarys.

!

Archived