IGNORED

A Few Answers

Sydneybcfc

Ok so i live in Sydney Australia but am originally from Bristol, this season has so far been a tough one and was what drove me to find this forum in the summer. Being out here i could find very little on transfer speculation for this season which with all the hype about Coppell was annoying me! Turned out that most of the rumors posted on here turned out to be wrong so it didn't really help. Now things are going poorly on the pitch it is also interesting to read how things are going as i can't get to the games.

Firstly i saw this on the BBC website and could be why no move has been made for a left back...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/b/bristol_city/9066302.stm

Not having watched them for a while i can't really comment on Macca as last time i saw us play it was away against Birmingham on a trip back and although we lost i don't remember much grumbling about him being a weak link.

I'm obviously disappointed with the way things are going but after much thinking i say we have to stick with Millen. I was glad when he wasn't given the post end of last year as i thought it was too soon but now he has it i think its only right he keeps it. My opinions of the current dilemma is that forget about Millen's perceived ability, what the club needs now is stability and not more turmoil! I'm quite sure most of our lack of confidence and current table position are down to the off field issues including Coppells sudden departure, loss and income of new players and the dramas around the club about the stadium. I think we need a period of calm and hard work from now until say Christmas before any sort of review happens, making another manager change would bring nothing but further stress to the players and club.

Like many others on here i had forgotten due the the relative success that GJ brought us that we aren't a big club yet which was further proved by how hard it was to sign players in the summer. Had we struggled the first season we came up then expectations would be a lot more reasonable at the moment and we would be looking for mid tables and not promotion.

I for one hope Millen turns things around as quite frankly Coppell handed him the wrong end of shi**y stick when he left and the new manager 'bounce' that sometime comes was never going to happen whoever was installed without lots of hard work.

Archived