IGNORED

Come On Rovers!

Portland Bill

Rovers fan here.

I'm backing it - signed the petition too. You have to be pretty narrow-minded if you can't see the benefit that a new stadium will have for the city. I think it's madness that planning permission hasn't gone through, but I'd be very surprised if the decision wasn't reversed in the near-future.

Rovers fan here.

I'm backing it - signed the petition too. You have to be pretty narrow-minded if you can't see the benefit that a new stadium will have for the city. I think it's madness that planning permission hasn't gone through, but I'd be very surprised if the decision wasn't reversed in the near-future.

Well done mate and very much appreciated. More people with your attitude and less of likes of Centenery Gas and there would be far more respect between both sets of fans.

Thankfully this proves there are people with the brains to see this WILL be for the good of the whole of Bristol, not just BCFC.

Cheers SydneyTom clap.gif

The majority of Rovers fans I have spoken to are for the stadium. There are only a few that I know who blurt out the predictable bull.

We had an email forwarded on to everyone at our kid's footy club from a gas head (about signing the petition). One parent said 'what the f is he sending that around for - he is a gas head'.

Let's not get too high & mighty about this though. We have our fair share of narrow minded supporters who would be saying the same if the situation was reversed.

Well done to all of the Rovers fans who have signed the petition and support the stadium.

I guess it is not inconceivable for the mem to be used for training by teams if the world cup came to Bristol??????

I'm sure many Rovers 'fans' as genuine Bristolians can see the benefits of the new stadium for our city.

There are of the course the jealous, bitter, selfish and ignorant few who see this as football rivalry (which they will never win) and will do all they can to stop the new stadium.

Also, those pro-stadium don't seem to make as much as noise as those against it.

if it was the other way around, would you go out of your way and vote in favour of them lot getting a new ground and moving away from that dump at the mem?

i know i bloody well would not. not a chance, and i dont expect any gashead to help us. we can do it without them

You have to isolate the football club from the stadium and there are two further things you have to isolate, the World Cup and the stadium as a venue.

So you now have a situation where 22 people are trying to scupper World Cup football potentially being played in this City.

The same 22 people are also trying to stop Bristol (the South West) having a quality entertainment venue that may attract some decent bands, live acts coming to the area.

It is not just about Bristol City and I hope that we could (if in the same situation), see beyond the club.

If the shoe was on the other foot then I think yes I would back it. Eapecially if it meant world cup football and an arena.

For the gas not much will change, we have a bigger & better stadium than them now anyway. Plus if these nimbys win you can bet the people of Horfield will use it as an example next time the sags try and better the rugby ground

If the shoe was on the other foot then I think yes I would back it. Eapecially if it meant world cup football and an arena.

For the gas not much will change, we have a bigger & better stadium than them now anyway. Plus if these nimbys win you can bet the people of Horfield will use it as an example next time the sags try and better the rugby ground

As a Bristol Rugby Season Ticket holder I can more than happily say that I did and would back a new stadium in the place of the Mem. The fiasco over the last attempt to redevelop it (which almost equals the farce over our new ground) almost killed the rugby club. The attempt to share with Newport crippled the club financially and it has never really recovered. This can never be a zero sum game - the Mem getting redeveloped does not mean our new stadium is not biult or vice versa. Next time there is an attempt to redevelop the Mem I will definitely back it - although the standing areas of the ground actually lead to a great atmosphere when it is packed (for the rugby ;-) - an all too rare occurence at the mo...

Rovers fan here.

Top man.

Another possible senario which may make our friends across the City wish to help us is this:

WHAT IF we don't get our new stadium ?

Im sure in the current financial climate, which i can't see getting much better in the foreseeable future ( infact after the latest spending cuts prob a lot worse that it gets better ) then it wont be long until the words "Ground Share" raise there head again.

City WILL get a new stadium, we have no choice now AG will just cost too much now to drag into the correct century, and if we fail with our own stadium plans then the next logical avenue to follow would be the shared stadium one.

So i will ask all our friends from the blue half what would you prefer ?

City has a new stadium at AV or City has a new stadium that YOU share with us ?

Common sense should prevail and you would all do as much as you can to see that we get our own AV Stadium !

Incase you missed the link here it is again :

NO I DONT WANT TO GROUND SHARE AND WILL SIGN HERE AND HELP THEM GET THIER OWN STADIUM.

Thanks

Mark

There was lots on Talksport yesterday about the Liverpool situation, in view of the pending takeover, especially regarding the new owners funding a new stadium. As a result of the support given by Liverpool legends Ray Houghton, Phil Neal and Alan Kennedy to the issue, they were debating whether fans would agree to a ground share with Everton if it gave them the stadium the club wanted and needed to enable it to complete financially with the likes of Man U,Man City, Chelsea and Arsenal.

It got me thinking hypothetically about our situation, so I would pose the following question:-

Imagine if the City Council announced tomorrow that they had convinced all the opposition groups to drop their objections completely and would grant Sainsbury's permission to develop Ashton Gate, would you be happy to have a new stadium in Ashton Vale, World Cup football coming to Bristol and the financial future of the club more secure, if it were conditional on a ground share with the Gas?

Since the summer this forum has been full of criticism of NIMBY'S and vested interest group's blinkered and selfish attitudes preventing the new stadium happening and depriving the city of an important and much neede entertainment asset that would benefit the wider population. In such a circumstance, would fans prove to be just another blinkered vested interest group by allowing their selfish prejudices to stand in the way of the development despite the benefit it would give to a wider population and to the City as a whole?

I know it's a hypothetical situation, but If a fans vote was the deciding factor as to whether the stadium went ahead but only with ground share, how would you vote?

Like all of these things if you think logically about it then ground sharing is the way forward for teams to develop and stabilise financially. Is it really that much of a problem?

Lazio and Roma do it and they are fierce rivals. One plays home one week and one plays away so their paths only cross when they play each other.

I would not mind ground sharing even with Rovers, perhaps if you had asked me when I was 16 or 17 I would have given a different answer but now I can see the trees!!!

I wouldn't have an issue with the sags sharing the playing facilities but we couldn't share the non-matchday revenue. That's the whole point of the new stadium isn't it? Make the club financially viable by increasing the non-matchday revenue adding to the coffers of the club.

TBH, the blue lot would be little more than tenants and I couldn't see them accepting that.

I wouldn't have an issue with the sags sharing the playing facilities but we couldn't share the non-matchday revenue. That's the whole point of the new stadium isn't it? Make the club financially viable by increasing the non-matchday revenue adding to the coffers of the club.

TBH, the blue lot would be little more than tenants and I couldn't see them accepting that.

Exactly my point and the reason why they should back us in our new stadium !

Why would we back your new ground?

Because it might inspire the people who have misled, lied and let you fantasist gas fans down, to perhaps deliver the fantasy of 'YOUR' new ground or of course you could remain in the ever shrinking fantasy plans that are fed to you by your inspirational board of directors and you gladly swallow every time or you could wait until the first game of next season, after you have all bought your new season tickets and your board sell Hoskins who has probably just signed a new contract, to add creedence to the illusion that the board intend to actually keep him and don't re-invest the money back into the club or perhaps your happy at your tented hovel

or of course the silence of your board might well be because, they don't want the issue of a new ground to be back in their supporters minds (small as they are).

Are you mad?, the spivs on the gas board would sell their share of the ground (even though they don't own any of it) just like the guy who sold the eiffel tower once.

Rovers fan here.

Thank you for your support. Like you I've never been a one-eyed football fan. Bristol City's possible, future success does not depend in any way on Bristol Rover's possible failures or vice versa. Bristol should have two successful teams just like Liverpool, Manchester and Birmingham; although we do seem quite a way from achieving this at the moment! For God's sake if Yeovil can see the benefit then surely North Bristol can!

Are you mad?, the spivs on the gas board would sell their share of the ground (even though they don't own any of it) just like the guy who sold the eiffel tower once.

Let them be tenants then. More ££££ for us and they can't sell anything because they wouldn't own anything. They get to play in a shiny new stadium and we get our non-matchday revenue topped up by their rent!

It's obviously hypothetical because SL wouldn't do it and the sags wouldn't want to be tenants of BCFC.

Archived