IGNORED

Danny Rose

jfkerton

Watching the England Under 21's, and i must say Rose on the left flank has been more than impressive. Willing to help out defensively as well as causing the romanian defense all manner of problems with 2 pen shouts, the 2nd of which should have been given.

How can Millen play him in the center when he turns in these sorts of performances for England out on the left flank? Wigley needs to give Millen a good bollocking if he even attempts to put him in into the center of midfield, all his pace and movement is wasted. He is like Sproule but with end product and a left foot and will cause champ defenses all of these problems if played in the right position..

Lets clear this up shall we? This was brought up at the FCF meeting a few weeks ago which KM was at. When asked why isn't he used on the left wing it's because DR himself prefers to play tucked in on the left hand side in a more central role.

Lets clear this up shall we? This was brought up at the FCF meeting a few weeks ago which KM was at. When asked why isn't he used on the left wing it's because DR himself prefers to play tucked in on the left hand side in a more central role.

Which tallies fully with what the ESPN commentators said as per my earlier post.

Seems interesting that some people think they know more than the player themself.

I wasn't at this meeting, however his performance last night, even with the quality of service he was getting was 500x better than anything he does in the middle of the park. He looks to me to be too lightweight to be played there, and has all the attributes of a winger i.e. Pace, Final ball and Trickery amongst over things.

Surely it cannot be by coincidence that he is played on the wing when he has played for Spurs, and the England U21's. Both of these teams (Top 4 Prem and International set-up's) cannot be wrong in where they place him on the pitch , F.E. you wouldn't play Skuse on the wing because he doesn't have the pace and certain panache to skin players. He does his job in the middle of the park which is breaking down and recycling the ball for the more offensive players to use, and using his 'bulk' to disrupt the opposition moves. Rose doesn't have this quality and therefore it makes no sense, to me at least that he would be played as a CM.

I wasn't at this meeting, however his performance last night, even with the quality of service he was getting was 500x better than anything he does in the middle of the park. He looks to me to be too lightweight to be played there, and has all the attributes of a winger i.e. Pace, Final ball and Trickery amongst over things.

Surely it cannot be by coincidence that he is played on the wing when he has played for Spurs, and the England U21's. Both of these teams (Top 4 Prem and International set-up's) cannot be wrong in where they place him on the pitch.

Exactly - if we are playng Rose tucked in because that is where he wants to play, rather than on the left wing where he would be most effective, that is a tragic example of weak management.

If you have ever coached and managed youth football teams you will know that the most talented kids all want to play in central midfield because they know that's where they are going to get more touches of the ball. None of them choose to play wide because they don't want to depend on lesser players to give them the ball. It's up to their manager - as Redknapp and Pearce clearly do - to play them where they can do most damage to the opposition. If KM isn't playing Rose wide left simply because Danny doesn't want to play there then he needs to grow a pair TBH.

Exactly - if we are playng Rose tucked in because that is where he wants to play, rather than on the left wing where he would be most effective, that is a tragic example of weak management.

If you have ever coached and managed youth football teams you will know that the most talented kids all want to play in central midfield because they know that's where they are going to get more touches of the ball. None of them choose to play wide because they don't want to depend on lesser players to give them the ball. It's up to their manager - as Redknapp and Pearce clearly do - to play them where they can do most damage to the opposition. If KM isn't playing Rose wide left simply because Danny doesn't want to play there then he needs to grow a pair TBH.

Couldnt agree more. im sure alot of young players dont want to play in the position they are best at and its down to the manager to put him in a postions where hes most effective, this is how you win games Mr Millen.

That is rather a niave way of looking at things... Do you honestly think that KM plays him in the tucked in position because Rose wants to play there, this isn't under 10 football.

Well Brett Pitman probably prefers not to sit on the bench - but he is.

Who is picking the team exactly??

Its clear to a lot of people that WE could well benefit from having him on the left.

That is rather a niave way of looking at things... Do you honestly think that KM plays him in the tucked in position because Rose wants to play there, this isn't under 10 football.

Read the quote from TomF.

"When asked why isn't he used on the left wing it's because DR himself prefers to play tucked in on the left hand side in a more central role."

Archived